Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Our BB rep said Next will be eligible. It might be different for each store. They wanted $50 down though to preorder the Note 4.

Boom! From My S5

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Our BB rep said Next will be eligible. It might be different for each store. They wanted $50 down though to preorder the Note 4.

Boom! From My S5
If the pre-order/plan is the Next, you'll more likely only get BB store credit. But they told me no Next.

kamiller42

May 25, 2010
Visit site

One is the samsung promo which doesn't mention any contract requirements: "Pre-Order Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Today. Experience the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in all Best Buy and select Best Buy Mobile locations. Check with your local store for details. Plus, get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase when you trade in any working smartphone. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon Wireless, AT&T or Sprint. "
But if you look at the fine print on the page that says all this, it says "See BestBuy.com/TradeIn for full details." And that page gives the details you quote second about requiring a 2 year agreement.

Despite being reassured by BB employees myself that I can get the $200 buying off contract, I am doubting it will work. I feel these guys are saying whatever they need to say to get a sale. And when it comes to purchase day, they're going to pull out their fine print documents and not sell me the phone and apply the card to the purchase. This makes me angry because I pre-ordered based on what was initially on their web site, and it now looks like I'm going to be stuck with a $50 gift card, which is the bare minimum they wanted anyway.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Boom! From My S5

It's $50 down for all Note 4 preorders at BB not just on Next. They give you a $50 BB gift card.

Posted via the Android Central App

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Promogate

Ok this is just a jumbled mess. I'm just going to preorder at the store or somewhere other than best buy since no one has a clue there.

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

So could someone buy there phone at BB and trade in two different phones and receive both offers?

i don't think you can "double-dip". the reason being you need to submit the imei & wifi-mac address of the N4 for the sammy promo. i'm willing to bet that since you need to "activate" the phone from BB (conflicting info here, but as per my interaction with BB, this is the case, thus no outright purchases are $200 eligible), i'm sure that the imei & wifi-mac will show up as being "used". you may lose one, or both, promos in an effort to double-dip.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

It's $50 down for all Note 4 preorders at BB not just on Next. They give you a $50 BB gift card.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep sorry for not clarifying that. Was making 2 different points but should have ordered them different :). Thank you.

As far as the promotion, has anyone had any *good* experiences?

Boom! From My S5

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Yep sorry for not clarifying that. Was making 2 different points but should have ordered them different :). Thank you.

Boom! From My S5

haha! i'm curious to know as well... but i don't think anyone has had any "good" experiences, as the N4 isn't out yet and so far no one has been denied the $200 owed to them. i think there are quite a few people here that have gotten the answer that *they* were looking/hoping for, but i think the general consensus is that there is no consensus, especially on the part of the BB promotion. people are getting different information from different BB stores, some are getting different information from different people within a BB store. that fact has gotten all of us to second-guess BB, Samsung, and ourselves too. i for one am confused as to the actual mechanics of the promo. i am avoiding BB just for this reason... (besides the fact that they don't sell t-mo branded phones). if they decide to deny the preordered people their due $200, then no amount of screaming and kicking is going to change that. BUT, the good part is, if they do deny the $200 on the spot, you can say thank you, but no thanks, walk over to the customer service desk, return the $50 gift card, and walk into your respective carrier store. you may still, at this point, be able to submit the proof of trade-in to sammy via their promo. just my thoughts... i was able to cancel my preorder for the moto 360 and returned the $25 gift card i had to purchase for a refund.

ooh, just had a thought. how about preordering from BB AND a carrier store? if you're successful in getting the $200 from BB, then just simply cancel the carrier preorder, if not, cancel the BB and walk into the store?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I called today to talk to a Samsung "manager" (who was supposed to be a man according to the dude who answered the phone). She told me that you get $100 from Best Buy then $100 from Samung....wtd??? I'm like umm no then explained to her the promo. She then told me I could use it for off contract. I asked if she was sure and she said yes. Think I believe her??

Posted via Android Central App

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I called today to talk to a Samsung "manager" (who was supposed to be a man according to the dude who answered the phone). She told me that you get $100 from Best Buy then $100 from Samung....wtd??? I'm like umm no then explained to her the promo. She then told me I could use it for off contract. I asked if she was sure and she said yes. Think I believe her??

lol nope!

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

I haven't canceled my BB pre-order yet but I did stop at Verizon and pre-ordered from them. It only took about 2 minutes (vs the 1 + hour it took at BB). Since I plan on signing up for the Edge plan, I had to pay the tax up front which was around $51.00. If you were to pre-order through Verizon and went with the 2 year plan, I believe you have to pay the $299.99 up front when you pre-order. I'm 1/2 way there, I have my pre-order slip, when I pick up the phone I'll trade in an old S3, and email Samsung all the info needed to get my balance up to $200.00. I'll just use the $50 gift card I had to buy when pre-ordering at BB towards a Glass Screen Protector and or S-View case.

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I went to my local Best Buy tonight and ended up pre-ordering the Note 4. First, I had a Lumia 520 sitting around so I figured I'd take advantage of this $200 trade in deal. The first time I went to Best Buy the other day I was told that ANY smartphone could be traded. When I went back in tonight, I was told that it was any smartphone with at least a $10 value. Of course, the 520 is only valued at $7. I asked them to show me where it said the minimum value had to be $10 and at first the salesman tried to tell me it was in the fine print of their store flier. I asked him to show me where it was and then he got the Samsung rep. That guy said he had been sent an email from his manager mentioning the $10 requirement but he agreed with me that it didn't say anything about it in BB or on the BB website. At that point they got the store supervisor and eventually the store GM and both of them ended up agreeing with me that since their ads say ANY smartphone, they would take mine as a trade. Since the trade can't be done until the day I get the phone, I asked if they could give me something in writing saying that they would accept my phone. The store supervisor printed the ad from their website and signed it with a note saying he would accept any working smartphone. I'm fairly confident that they will honor this, but I'm still worried because I'm buying this off contract. I told the BB salesman that I was buying it full price as he was doing the pre-order and he didn't say I couldn't do it, but given what others have said on this forum, I'm a little nervous that I'll get there to buy the phone and they will tell me I can't use the $200 trade-in offer because I'm not doing an upgrade.

On a different Best Buy note, I did confirm with them that they will match Amazon.com prices even for full contract phones. Amazon has the Note 4 listed at 799 instead of 825.99 so I'm going to have BB match that when I buy it.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh, after a lot of uncertainty in this forum about how the Samsung and Best Buy offers worked, partly due to the initial web site info being so sketchy and later including more detail, I had a good experience at the BB store. Sales guy was very efficient, answered all my questions with confidence, and seemed to know what is going on. So now I have confidence that it will all work out when I go to the store to pick up my new phone. Time will tell how it all shakes out, but, really, so far so good. Now, I'm just doing a Sprint upgrade with 2-year contract renewal. I haven't tried to follow or figure out the off-contract purchase option.

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

i just preordered the N4 at the t-mo store. it look a long time. but the good news is that at the end of the day, i was able to get a single paper outlining the fact that i preordered the N4, paid the tax and shipping (to my house), and that i'm trading in a phone worth $21 with imei & serial numbers. hopefully now all i need is to wait for the N4 to be delivered, and submit this paper i got today to samsung. this is on a new postpaid account, with paying 31.24 a month for 24 months. all told $749.76 + tax (9% here in LA county... yikes!) i can't wait for the 17th to roll around.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I went to my local Best Buy tonight and ended up pre-ordering the Note 4. First, I had a Lumia 520 sitting around so I figured I'd take advantage of this $200 trade in deal. The first time I went to Best Buy the other day I was told that ANY smartphone could be traded. When I went back in tonight, I was told that it was any smartphone with at least a $10 value. Of course, the 520 is only valued at $7. I asked them to show me where it said the minimum value had to be $10 and at first the salesman tried to tell me it was in the fine print of their store flier. I asked him to show me where it was and then he got the Samsung rep. That guy said he had been sent an email from his manager mentioning the $10 requirement but he agreed with me that it didn't say anything about it in BB or on the BB website. At that point they got the store supervisor and eventually the store GM and both of them ended up agreeing with me that since their ads say ANY smartphone, they would take mine as a trade. Since the trade can't be done until the day I get the phone, I asked if they could give me something in writing saying that they would accept my phone. The store supervisor printed the ad from their website and signed it with a note saying he would accept any working smartphone. I'm fairly confident that they will honor this, but I'm still worried because I'm buying this off contract. I told the BB salesman that I was buying it full price as he was doing the pre-order and he didn't say I couldn't do it, but given what others have said on this forum, I'm a little nervous that I'll get there to buy the phone and they will tell me I can't use the $200 trade-in offer because I'm not doing an upgrade.

On a different Best Buy note, I did confirm with them that they will match Amazon.com prices even for full contract phones. Amazon has the Note 4 listed at 799 instead of 825.99 so I'm going to have BB match that when I buy it.

That's good news about the price match. I should probably go to BB and get something in writing also. Smart move:) However I too would still be worried. After hearing the information I received today anything is possible lol. I better screenshot Amazon's price before they change it...

Tarek53180

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

I am the same boat you are i have the s4 love the s4 but need a little upgrade
i currenty have the s4 still happy with it but still lol... also still have the unlimited data so with the best buy thing work for this get the 200 off and keep my unlimited? i have an upgrade on my line and have a older smart phone i can trade it droid pro. :)

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I am the same boat you are i have the s4 love the s4 but need a little upgrade

as of right now i think i am going to pre order on amazon trade in something not sure what yet either a captiv or a moto pro if its worth the 10buck min. then do the samsun rebate. thats the plan anyway lol and hopefully keep my unlimted!!

Xebec01

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I went to Best Buy on Tuesday and they told me that they were not accepting Sprint Note 4 pre-orders yet -- the "system" wouldn't let them click on the pre-order option. I was told to come back later in the week.

I want to the same Best Buy last night and, again, they would not let me pre-order the Note 4 on Sprint. They told me it had been "released early" and that shipments will arrive in store late next week. They also told me that I can still get the $200 gift cart with any trade in; no pre-order necessary. I just have to show up.

I don't believe them at all, and I'm going to try a different Best Buy today. (I visited this alternate Best Buy last week, and they told me I could pre-order the white Note 4 and not the Black Note 4.)

Very frustrating...

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

I too went to the local BB store to play with it. (Littleton CO). Was also told any old smartphone (old ancient ones/Cricket/Boost/whatever) with no damage is eligible for the $200 promotional gift card that could immediately be applied to the N4 purchase.

But given previous posts that state the order steps through a loooong process in their ordering system to sell the phone/upgrade or create a line/create the trade in/process the gift card/charge the tax etc..., I'm going to be pessimistic and believe that if the BB system doesn't already have the trade in valued at at least $10, you're going to have a problem getting the entire transaction done. Especially given what @davekr just posted.

I know it doesn't say anywhere on BB site that the phone must be worth at least $10, but Samsung clearly does, and again, being pessimistic, I bet they'll fall back on that 'trade in must be worth $10 according to us at BB' in order to qualify for the $200 gift card.

Hope I'm wrong, but I bet I'm right. Check here to see what BB says your trade in is worth: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...11.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat133600050011&token=Bft4HDo1

You just might save yourself a major headache.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair