Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Yes, I believe that is because the preorder limit is unavailable or has reached it's limit.

Posted via Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

If you look at the promo page on best buy website it says you should be able to order online and choose "store pickup" to qualify.

You should be able to but you can't. That's part of why this is frustrating. I was going to place my order online and choose in store pickup but it's not an option. Probably won't be either until release. I was going to wait till closer to release to order online but impatience got the best of me.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I believe that is because the preorder limit is unavailable or has reached it's limit.

Both color phones in both carriers, in three different zip codes and every single one is sold out?

I don't buy it. Unless people have been able to solely use the website to create a preorder that allows in store pick up and now we can't.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

You should be able to but you can't. That's part of why this is frustrating. I was going to place my order online and choose in store pickup but it's not an option. Probably won't be either until release. I was going to wait till closer to release to order online but impatience got the best of me.

But if one waits until it's released, the promo is no longer good.

It seems you *must* go to the store to do this if you're on AT&T or Sprint.

totalchaos08

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Is it possible for you guys to order it from the store in NYC and ship it to your local best buy? This is the one I went to.

622 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
Phone: 212-673-4067

Joefo

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

"They will give me a Verizon gift card for the value and a receipt to turn into Samsung. "

If you are saying you are buying the phone at BB then you are not eligible for the Samsung N4 promotion, only the BB N4 promotion. That is clearly stated on the terms on the Samsung promo form. If you submit a BB receipt directly to Samsung they will reject the submission. The folks in the BB stores are clueless (probably because management has not given them guidance on the promotion terms).

Also the online BB reps for their promotions stated that off contract purchases are not eligible for the promotion. You can pay full price for the phone but you must activate a plan in store. That is not clear from the written terms. Your best bet is to do what another poster did and get the BB manager to write the terms down (e.g any smartphone, off contract, etc) and sign it.

I have cancelled my BB pre-order because of the confusion. I knew there was a reason I haven't gone to best buy in years.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

"They will give me a Verizon gift card for the value and a receipt to turn into Samsung. "

If you are saying you are buying the phone at BB then you are not eligible for the Samsung N4 promotion, only the BB N4 promotion. That is clearly stated on the terms on the Samsung promo form. If you submit a BB receipt directly to Samsung they will reject the submission. The folks in the BB stores are clueless (probably because management has not given them guidance on the promotion terms).

Also the online BB reps for their promotions stated that off contract purchases are not eligible for the promotion. You can pay full price for the phone but you must activate a plan in store. That is not clear from the written terms. Your best bet is to do what another poster did and get the BB manager to write the terms down (e.g any smartphone, off contract, etc) and sign it.

I have cancelled my BB pre-order because of the confusion. I knew there was a reason I haven't gone to best buy in years.

That's not correct. You can purchase it at BB, but *not* go for the gift card promotion. You would then trade in your trade and then submit the docs directly to Samsung.

What you cannot do is get both the $200 gift card offer *plus* the $200-the trade in value. You can't double dip.

Now, is it possible for the program rebate administrator to reject any phone purchased at Best Buy? Sure, but the exact T&Cs only say you can't double dip. It doesn't say you cannot buy at BB.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

But if one waits until it's released, the promo is no longer good.

It seems you *must* go to the store to do this if you're on AT&T or Sprint.

Exactly. Idk why that is. I wouldn't think because of inventory because it should be the same as ordering in store. It has said in store pickup is "coming soon" since day one....

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. Idk why that is. I wouldn't think because of inventory because it should be the same as ordering in store. It has said in store pickup is "coming soon" since day one....

Curious. What has said in store pickup is coming? I see Preorder for AT&T and Sprint and Coming Soon for VZW ordering. But both AT&T and Sprint orders don't have a store pick up option at all - only shipping directly to you.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Curious. What has said in store pickup is coming? I see Preorder for AT&T and Sprint and Coming Soon for VZW ordering. But both AT&T and Sprint orders don't have a store pick up option at all - only shipping directly to you.

Store pickup says coming soon.

Attachments

• 22387.jpg
    22387.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 40

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Ahh didn't notice that as I didn't click on the details of each phone. I just clicked the preorder for the test orders I was doing.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Ahh didn't notice that as I didn't click on the details of each phone. I just clicked the preorder for the test orders I was doing.

Yup and after seeing this for multiple days I figured they would not allow it. In fact I placed my order online originally in hopes of changing to in store pick up later but I cancelled.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Ok, so rumors of this "sell out" are definitely not true.

I stopped by a local Best Buy while out for lunch and was successfully able to pre-order my VZW Note 4. This was the same store who this morning had told me their pre-order inventory was sold out.

So bottom line (1) Best Buy reps don't know what the heck is going on and (2) as of 12:30 PDT, you should be able to pre-order a VZW Note 4. If it wasn't for Best Buy's instant trade-in rebate, I would have definitely purchased elsewhere.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Yup and after seeing this for multiple days I figured they would not allow it. In fact I placed my order online originally in hopes of changing to in store pick up later but I cancelled.

This is a great find - It also says the same thing for Sprint - Pick up coming soon...maybe we just have to wait?

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Ok, so rumors of this "sell out" are definitely not true.

I stopped by a local Best Buy while out for lunch and was successfully able to pre-order my VZW Note 4. This was the same store who this morning had told me their pre-order inventory was sold out.

So bottom line (1) Best Buy reps don't know what the heck is going on and (2) as of 12:30 PDT, you should be able to pre-order a VZW Note 4. If it wasn't for Best Buy's instant trade-in rebate, I would have definitely purchased elsewhere.

Which location if you don't mind? I'd like to call and check and figure out how I get my preorder in

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Sure, I ordered from this store:

Store 1011
740 S Sepulveda Blvd
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone: 310-416-9937

Thanks, man. I called them as long as well as the location in NYC. Both stores said they stopped taking preorders for all SGN4. The female mobile representative told me each store has a limit based on previous Samsung Note sells. So some stores had more than others. Both locations cannot preorder right now at all. It sounds like some may get lucky, walk into a store that hasn't hit its limit, and get one, but you would be extremely lucky.

Think I'm done trying. I will wait until the weekend and see if I can order online and ship to store.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, man. I called them as long as well as the location in NYC. Both stores said they stopped taking preorders for all SGN4. The female mobile representative told me each store has a limit based on previous Samsung Note sells. So some stores had more than others. Both locations cannot preorder right now at all. It sounds like some may get lucky, walk into a store that hasn't hit its limit, and get one, but you would be extremely lucky.

Think I'm done trying. I will wait until the weekend and see if I can order online and ship to store.

There's no way this store should be sold out. I think the reps are just assuming it's sold out based on this weekend's mess. Ask to speak with the Mobile manager, she's the one who took my order.

I also called the Best Buy near my home and they also just confirmed that they could place a VZW Note 4 preorder.

Store 764
4500 Van Nuys Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Phone: 818-501-0933

manjil

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I just got back from the store at 23rd and 6th avenue in Chelsea (NYC). They were not offering pre orders yesterday at all, but I just walked in after reading all this, and they were able to do the pre order for the white N4 for Verizon so I ordered. Similarly, I called the BB Mobile in Times Square, and they said it was available for pre-order.

That's the good news.. I pre-ordered, but they were _EXTREMELY_ unclear about the wording for the T&C. One employee said definite $200 gift card as long as smartphone is working. Another (and the manager) said _UP TO_ $200 (despite the wording on the main N4 Pre Order page) and directed me to the fine print that says "Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary.".. I'm trading in a HTC Thunderbolt that's worth about $10, so I'm a bit nervous about the $200 at this point..

Joefo

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

That's not correct. You can purchase it at BB, but *not* go for the gift card promotion. You would then trade in your trade and then submit the docs directly to Samsung.

What you cannot do is get both the $200 gift card offer *plus* the $200-the trade in value. You can't double dip.

Now, is it possible for the program rebate administrator to reject any phone purchased at Best Buy? Sure, but the exact T&Cs only say you can't double dip. It doesn't say you cannot buy at BB.

I don't know if you are referring to BB T&C or Samsung's, but the 6 page official rules sheet (linked on the Samsung promo form on their site) includes the following statement: "NOTE: Participants who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 at BEST BUY are not eligible to participate in this Offer. " (page 3 Section 4).

I assume you are referring to Samsung T&C since they won't care about BB T&C. You can try it, and if it gets rejected then you have the option to dispute with Samsung and send them supporting documentation showing the validity of the claim.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173