Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Anyone here preordered with T-Mobile online? Where are you getting the receipts? Or are you just going to screenshot the order page?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

I don't know if you are referring to BB T&C or Samsung's, but the 6 page official rules sheet (linked on the Samsung promo form on their site) includes the following statement: "NOTE: Participants who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 at BEST BUY are not eligible to participate in this Offer. " (page 3 Section 4).

I assume you are referring to Samsung T&C since they won't care about BB T&C. You can try it, and if it gets rejected then you have the option to dispute with Samsung and send them supporting documentation showing the validity of the claim.

You're right. My mistake. I apologize.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

MAJOR UPDATE -

My thoughts on this issue were accurate. Each store (not district) have a specific amount of pre-order quanities they can process. Once they reach their limit, they're essentially done with all pre-orders. I called many Best Buy Stores and asked them to open up the page and check to see if they can or cannot pre-order the phone. I found one in Indianapolis, IN (Castleton Mall) that could. I asked her to leave the webpage up for me as I was only a 15 minute drive and was able to pre-order the phone. Once I arrived she had the page opened and completed my pre-order transaction. My buddy also got one while her pre-order limit hadn't been reached yet.

I suggest you call as many stores as you're willing to drive to, because this promotion is amazing ($200 for any working smart phone).

Good luck. I have proof if you need, but trust me on this one. I got it (Sprint White Note 4) not even 30 minutes ago.

Joefo

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

No need to apologize. I am so frustrated by this whole promotion and the variety of answers I received from BB, I still do not know what the correct terms are. I cancelled my BB pre-order. I will either work though Amazon (if they are eligible - varying answers on that) or I may just get the 6+. Yes, I am that frustrated.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

MAJOR UPDATE -

My thoughts on this issue were accurate. Each store (not district) have a specific amount of pre-order quanities they can process. Once they reach their limit, they're essentially done with all pre-orders. I called many Best Buy Stores and asked them to open up the page and check to see if they can or cannot pre-order the phone. I found one in Indianapolis, IN (Castleton Mall) that could. I asked her to leave the webpage up for me as I was only a 15 minute drive and was able to pre-order the phone. Once I arrived she had the page opened and completed my pre-order transaction. My buddy also got one while her pre-order limit hadn't been reached yet.

I suggest you call as many stores as you're willing to drive to, because this promotion is amazing ($200 for any working smart phone).

Good luck. I have proof if you need, but trust me on this one. I got it (Sprint White Note 4) not even 30 minutes ago.

Glad you were able to successfully place an order!

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

No need to apologize. I am so frustrated by this whole promotion and the variety of answers I received from BB, I still do not know what the correct terms are. I cancelled my BB pre-order. I will either work though Amazon (if they are eligible - varying answers on that) or I may just get the 6+. Yes, I am that frustrated.

Believe me, the last thing I want to do is spread bad info, so I blew it by forgetting the part of the T&C that you pointed out saying you couldn't use BB at all for the purchase.

I am starting to lean towards VZW directly for the purchase and trade as my trade has a value of $15 according to their website, so that's enough to be able to just avoid BB completely.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Believe me, the last thing I want to do is spread bad info, so I blew it by forgetting the part of the T&C that you pointed out saying you couldn't use BB at all for the purchase.

I am starting to lean towards VZW directly for the purchase and trade as my trade has a value of $15 according to their website, so that's enough to be able to just avoid BB completely.

That's how I'm doing it. Sounds easier.

Note 2 via Android Central App

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

I was also informed by T-Mo that you cannot order this phone (even at full price) if you are pre-paid. At this point I have ordered the phone via the website (which you have the option of paying in full for and I did) and selecting the least expensive plan on the site ($45) which I will not activate since I plan on popping my pre-paid SIM into the Note 4. The kicker is I did the trade-in via the new, non prepaid plan, but it say the trade in amount will be credited to my account. I'm hoping I can just cancel the account since it's not a contract and get the $75 reimbursed. I wish I could just trade the phone into an on-line site and get cash for it but I am not sure it abides by the Samsung "participating trade in retailers" requirement.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

That's how I'm doing it. Sounds easier.

Note 2 via Android Central App

The $200 in hand before the transaction is completed is why I want the BB thing to work. I hate mail in 'are you worthy of our lengthy terms and conditions?' rebates.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Respectfully, anybody that thinks they can get both offers have a serious case of entitlement syndrome. My guess is those folks will be the ones arguing the most on purchase day ;)

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Anyone here preordered with T-Mobile online? Where are you getting the receipts? Or are you just going to screenshot the order page?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was going to print out the email confirmation from T-Mo.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Just came back from a Best Buy in NYC and was able to pre-order the white note 4 for Verizon. Like what everyone else said, I paid $50 to reserve the phone and they also gave me a $50 gift card. The guy who took my order didn't have any info on the promo though when I asked.

In light of your post, I'm going to wake up early tomorrow and stop at BB and try to pre order again...I was one of the ppl that had problems during the weekend...I am praying for different results tomorrow morning...

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

At great personal expense...(in time anyway)...I'm going to another city right now (in traffic) to pre-order at a BB that says they can do it...I'll report back my findings.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

UCS, you personally got your pre-order for a VZW note 4 today???? Please let me know, thanks!

Yes, was able to place a pre-order at Best Buy today. Used a Best Buy gift card I had laying around to pay for the $50 pre-order deposit.

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

oh wow. this is a revelation! (also, hitting myself for not reading the terms and conditions) this means that as long as the authorized seller is willing to take the trade-in worth $10, we're good to go. there is no way for sammy to check to see if indeed it is a "smartphone". from this, it sounds like sammy is more concerned that $200 is given to only one N4, and no so much that a particular smartphone was traded in...

my plan now. go preorder from t-mobile store. they will tell me that my prepaid account is not valid for trade-ins. i will get the smart choice $45 plan. trade-in my flip phone that is worth $21 on their site. get my N4 delivered, submit paperwork, get $179 check from sammy, then open another $30 walmart plan using a new sim, port over my number from $45 plan to walmart plan. this will cost me $15 (maybe 30) extra, but it might be the easiest way to take advantage of the promo. if anyone sees a hole in my plan, let me know :)

Probably not a huge deal if you lose it but according to T-Mo, when you trade your phone in the credit goes to your account. My hope is that since the plan is no contract it can be canceled and any credits on the account will be refunded.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

At great personal expense...(in time anyway)...I'm going to another city right now (in traffic) to pre-order at a BB that says they can do it...I'll report back my findings.

Hopefully you had them pull up the webpage to verify before you drove. That's what I did.

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Hopefully you had them pull up the webpage to verify before you drove. That's what I did.

Failure. He did two pre-orders today but by the time I got there is was kaput. He called several stores for me- no dice. I'm going to order via Sprint, and can't keep wasting time on this promotion.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Failure. He did two pre-orders today but by the time I got theure is was kaput. He called several stores for me- no dice. I'm going to order via Sprint, and can't keep wasting time on this promotion.

Crap...now I don't know what to do...contemplating whether or not I should wake up early and try on my way to work tomorrow... Why can't this be easy man????? The way this entire promotion is being rub is a catastrophic failure to say the least...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol