Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

I was going to print out the email confirmation from T-Mo.

The only email confirmation I got was a four line plain text email with my name, order number, date and time, and the amount I will get charged when it ships. Is that what you're talking about? The order status page has a lot more information, but it's not a receipt either and just says "Order Placed".

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Was just also told that Sprint store is not pre-ordering the note 4. What a cluster screw.

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Best buy is out. Does it have to be a trade in at bb or carrier stores? Can we use somewhere like gazelle or Usell?

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Was just also told that Sprint store is not pre-ordering the note 4. What a cluster screw.

Sprint store is out? That's insane. What is going on. No way demand is this high and/or production this light.

Posted via Android Central App

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

i preordered the N4 at the t-mo store. they printed me out a preorder form (basically a screen capture) which has the info of the preorder and the phone i intend to trade in. since the kyocera kona has a trade-in value of $21, i purchased one for the sole reason for trade-in. i know a "smartphone" has to be traded in. kona is a flip phone. i know best buy won't take a flip phone for this promo, but do any of you have an idea if samsung might run the model/serial/imei number of the phone that's been traded in to make sure it fits their definition of a smartphone?

the reason why i ask is that walmart is selling a kyocera smartphone (android 4.0) for $20. the trade-in value at t-mo is $10. though this will cost me $4 more, but it is a sure bet. no mistaking this as anything other than a smartphone. now the question is, how do i change my trade-in phone? should i ignore the fact that i told them i'm trading in one phone and actually do the mail-in trade-in of another? from what i understand, the trade-in value gets credited to the phone bill sometime down the road... where is the proof that i actually traded it in for samsung submission? can i go into t-mo and tell them i'm trading in a different phone and hope that they can print me out another form?

any thoughts?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Sprint store is out? That's insane. What is going on. No way demand is this high and/or production this light.

Allocations are even less at Best Buy than the actual carriers. Especially for a top tier device like this. The $200 offer has created additional interest, though perhaps a lot of confusion as well.

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

First Sprint store said phone could be ship to store and that he could do it. Since the store was 25 minutes from my house, I opted for closer store. Guy recommended another closer store. Went to other store, where it was packed. After waiting 10 minutes, I said DH would come back tomorrow with appointment.
I confirmed that I could get N 4 pre-order. She was all-I thought you wanted to pre-order the i6! I'm like "How can someone pre-order a phone that's already been released?" Anyhow, the note 4 can be pre-ordered, but only on-line, according to this store. Of course, I just locked out my user name on-line. Whatevs. So as of now, still no pre-ordered n4 for Shel.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I think I am going to try this morning on my way to work, I should get to the store at like noon... I am seriously praying it goes through... if not I am officially just pre-ordering from VZW and selling my phone seperately to BB... cannot waste anymore time/gas on this... premium costs too much ;-) UCS, Steve, wish me luck guys!

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

I think I am going to try this morning on my way to work, I should get to the store at like noon... I am seriously praying it goes through... if not I am officially just pre-ordering from VZW and selling my phone seperately to BB... cannot waste anymore time/gas on this... premium costs too much ;-) UCS, Steve, wish me luck guys!

Since you'll now have to deal with Samsung directly for the rebate if you purchase from VZW, I'd suggest you avoid BB entirely for any part of the transaction, including the trade. I know Samsung's Terms say you can't buy it at BB and says nothing on how you can't trade it in there, but if VZW will offer you at least the $10, why risk using BB for the trade and maybe have Samsung deny your rebate? I know this is pessimistic thinking (this whole process is a damn mess), but any extra money BB gives you over VZW just comes off the Samsung check. You don't net anymore if BB gives you more than VZW.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Since you'll now have to deal with Samsung directly for the rebate if you purchase from VZW, I'd suggest you avoid BB entirely for any part of the transaction, including the trade. I know Samsung's Terms say you can't buy it at BB and says nothing on how you can't trade it in there, but if VZW will offer you at least the $10, why risk using BB for the trade and maybe have Samsung deny your rebate? I know this is pessimistic thinking (this whole process is a damn mess), but any extra money BB gives you over VZW just comes off the Samsung check. You don't net anymore if BB gives you more than VZW.

Because VZW will only give me 8 bucks for it dude... If they'd give me 10 I would do exactly what you are saying, I am not stupid ;-P lol.... I have to do it this way... I also spoke to a customer service mgr from samsung and they said I would be golden for the promo through samsung if I pre order from VZW and seperately sell my phone to worst buy... i know they all dont know what theyre talking about, but that, combined with all the fine print tells me I will be fine...

Still holding out hope to get this done with worst buy today... I mean UCS and that other dude got their orders in yesterday morning... why can't i get mine in today?? It is not impossible!

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Because VZW will only give me 8 bucks for it dude... If they'd give me 10 I would do exactly what you are saying, I am not stupid ;-P lol.... I have to do it this way... I also spoke to a customer service mgr from samsung and they said I would be golden for the promo through samsung if I pre order from VZW and seperately sell my phone to worst buy... i know they all dont know what theyre talking about, but that, combined with all the fine print tells me I will be fine...

Still holding out hope to get this done with worst buy today... I mean UCS and that other dude got their orders in yesterday morning... why can't i get mine in today?? It is not impossible!

Didn't know your trade was only valued by VZW at $8.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Didn't know your trade was only valued by VZW at $8.

Yea man... all good... I explained all that with those details included in a previous post but I know I ramble so I wouldn't expect you to have seen it haha... I am literally praying for this order to just go through at worst buy this morning... it is so sad... literally sad.. I wish i would have went yesterday like UCS but at that point I believed it was a waste of time...

Here is a question... will BB customers actually receive their VZW note 4 on 10/17, a whole week earlier than actual VZW store customers (10/23) or is BB not getting the VZW versions in until 10/23 also and they don't even know that yet?? The latter wouldn't surprise me...

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

So I FINALLY pre-ordered online at Sprint last night and clearly am just going through the traditional Samsung rebate path. Had to pay the full contract price upfront, which is a huge bummer compared to the $50 BB pre-orders had to pay. The only upside is that Sprint gave me a good trade-in value on my SIII, so although the rebate still won't match what I would have gotten from BB, I'm at least getting a good portion of the $200 rebate.

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Looks like they added a FAQ to the promo page with a lot of the questions we were asking

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

So I FINALLY pre-ordered online at Sprint last night and clearly am just going through the traditional Samsung rebate path. Had to pay the full contract price upfront, which is a huge bummer compared to the $50 BB pre-orders had to pay. The only upside is that Sprint gave me a good trade-in value on my SIII, so although the rebate still won't match what I would have gotten from BB, I'm at least getting a good portion of the $200 rebate.

You do know that in order to be eligible for the sammy rebate that you need to pick up/trade in IN STORE right... i hope u mean u ordered online at sprint and chose in store pick up option.... also what do you mean that ur not gonna get the same exact amount for the rebate part???? no matter which path you go (BB or samsung) you're gonna get a total of $200 bucks no matter what.... BB is instant 200 bucks... sammy is ur trade in value PLUS the $200 minus the trade in value... either way you get $200 dollars towards the phone....

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

This is the generic response I got from Prizelogic when asking if I could buy off contract and get the promo. Useless....

Attachments

• 22391.jpg
    22391.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 40

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Can you post a link please? Can't find it.

Samsung posted this: https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/Content/Faq.pdf

This is important for the Samsung check:

5. If I have a trade in for less than $10.00 would I still be applicable for this promotion?

No. To participate in this promotion, you need to trade in a working smartphone and receive a trade-in credit of at least $10 or more.

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't appear they reply with anything useful. At least they they uploaded that FAQ that actually has some of the questions we have asked. I know at least two of those were ones I emailed them about, I'm sure others did as well.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

There is no way to keep unlimited and get a subsidized phone at best buy stores. And the best buy trade in requires buying in store (or in store pickup).

If you want to keep unlimited and get a subsidized upgrade , you can use one of the loopholes discussed in the Verizon forum

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Yes there is, but an indirect method:

If you have a line with data that has an upgrade due, you can get the deal with that phone line and then Best Buy will switch the SIM card and line of your current phone to the Note 4. The key again is the line must have data and must be eligible for an upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34