Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

I pre-ordered today at BB for an AT&T N4. Got the $50 BB giftcard and I'll find out when the phone comes in if there are any issues just like everybody else. The BB employee waiting on me was discussing N4 inventory with another BB employee which lead me to believe depending on the carrier that may be an issue.

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

The only email confirmation I got was a four line plain text email with my name, order number, date and time, and the amount I will get charged when it ships. Is that what you're talking about? The order status page has a lot more information, but it's not a receipt either and just says "Order Placed".

That's one. It's all I have to send.

ATM2626

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

Where are you trying to pre-order? BB doesn't care if it is under $10. T-mobile is over $10 for the 3GS (or it was last week). Amazon is over $10 if in good condition (including charger & cable). If you can trade in one retailer and pre-order from another you could try to trade at T-mobile (I don't know if they buy outright without you buying something in return) or Amazon (mail in, but a risk it gets rejected and returned). Of course, it is still not clear if you can trade and pre-order from different retailers (it says separate receipts are ok, but no clear if separate receipts from separate retailers is ok).

Some other people are buying new phones (for around $50) that have trades over $10.

Ordered at BB. Also called them and they said no go. The thing is I have an iPhone 4s I can trade in instead, but I'll have to get the screen repaired...so I was going to bite the bullet and just get the screen fixed so I don't have to hassle with WorstBuy...

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

what is the oldest phone you guys are trading in?

well i have a droid pro only 8 bucks on vzw and a lg lucid 1 on vzw i may have those backwards dont remember for sure lol but i have a samsung captive that showes 10 on vzw lol so that will be the one not even my phone or vzw phone lol just one i had from somwhere lol

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
First Sprint store said phone could be ship to store and that he could do it. Since the store was 25 minutes from my house, I opted for closer store. Guy recommended another closer store. Went to other store, where it was packed. After waiting 10 minutes, I said DH would come back tomorrow with appointment.
I confirmed that I could get N 4 pre-order. She was all-I thought you wanted to pre-order the i6! I'm like "How can someone pre-order a phone that's already been released?" Anyhow, the note 4 can be pre-ordered, but only on-line, according to this store. Of course, I just locked out my user name on-line. Whatevs. So as of now, still no pre-ordered n4 for Shel.

I see a reverse in psychology of them trying to get you to buy that iPhone. I think they get kickbacks on how many they sell because they're always pushing em .

Boom! From My S5

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

The deal is per line and can not be merged with two trades into one line. The trade is at the same time and a one to one relationship with a data line that is due an upgrade. The only way that could work is if Best Buy did not use their system for the purchase, which is obviously not happening.

Good luck on your attempt and please do not be offended by the incredulous looks you will probably get expecting them to fall for it. ;)

.....Are you joking or serious?

Lol - what are you talking about? You know I can trade in my SG4 and receive a gift card regardless of me buying a phone. They have a buy-back program just like Amazon or Gazelle does. I'm giving them a working smart phone to receive my $200 gift card, but before that even happens I'm trading in my GS4 for $155.00 Once I buy the phone I will play both cards (3 technically with the preorder giftcard) to the purchase of the phone and accessories. I will not get looks lol. They are two separate transactions.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

This may have already been mentioned. I have a note 2 in perfect condition with the only exception being I can't get the headphone jack to work anymore. No scratches, screen protector on and case. Have original box and power cord.

Would it be better to do the $200 trade in or could I maybe get that much, quicker, through eBay or somewhere? It's verizon. Trying to weigh my options. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

This may have already been mentioned. I have a note 2 in perfect condition with the only exception being I can't get the headphone jack to work anymore. No scratches, screen protector on and case. Have original box and power cord.

Would it be better to do the $200 trade in or could I maybe get that much, quicker, through eBay or somewhere? It's verizon. Trying to weigh my options. Thanks!

Swappa has them right around $200 after you pay fees: http://swappa.com/buy/samsung-galaxy-note-2-verizon/us?ref=mobilenations&data1=UUacUvbUpU3948867

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

To anyone reading this that works at Best Buy. Sprint has now reduced the contract price on the N4 to $299 from $349 yet at BB the price for the Sprint phone is still $349. Will Best Buy reduce it also, or would they price match competitors with ad printout at time of pickup? (It is even $299 on Amazon).

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I almost had rather sell on eBay or swappa just to get paid quicker to pay the phone off

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I almost had rather sell on eBay or swappa just to get paid quicker to pay the phone off

Why not do both?

Sell the Note 2 AND find a cheap phone to trade in. Even if you pay $50 for a phone to trade in, you still come out $150 ahead when it's done.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

My wife does have an old att Samsung Galaxy S2 in good shape. Wonder if that would work?

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Would verizon take in an AT&T phone or would I need to go to BB?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

My wife does have an old att Samsung Galaxy S2 in good shape. Wonder if that would work?

I'm trading a Galaxy S1 (AT&T Captivate) to BB. I've already taken it in to be sure it qualifies. (Phone is in excellent condition.)

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Would verizon take in an AT&T phone or would I need to go to BB?

First, just to be clear, you have to pre-order the Note 4 to participate in the trade in promotion.

If you go with Best Buy, use their trade in calculator to see the value. There have been a couple of reports on here from Best Buy employees saying that it just has to have at least a $1 value. But this has not been confirmed.

If you go with Verizon or another 3rd party retailer, use their trade in calculator. It then needs to be at least a $10 value.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm trading a Galaxy S1 (AT&T Captivate) to BB. I've already taken it in to be sure it qualifies. (Phone is in excellent condition.)

what did bb say the captivate was worth verizon.com said 10 just wondering.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

BB's online trade in value calculator states $20. BB person I talked to at store said it just had to be a working smartphone to qualify for BB's $200 promo and didn't quote a value. If I run into a problem when picking up the N4 I have a S3 I could trade but I'd obviously prefer to keep it as a backup.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

To anyone reading this that works at Best Buy. Sprint has now reduced the contract price on the N4 to $299 from $349 yet at BB the price for the Sprint phone is still $349. Will Best Buy reduce it also, or would they price match competitors with ad printout at time of pickup? (It is even $299 on Amazon).

Great, it looks like someone heard me :) BB just dropped the Sprint Note to $299.

Last edited:

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Today at best buy the employees (I know, I know) told me that this applies to offer contract as long as you pre ordered. Which is confusing when reading this thread. Is there an agreement here that it does or doesn't cover full price phones (non contract eligible)?

Sent from my Note 2