Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Today at best buy the employees (I know, I know) told me that this applies to offer contract as long as you pre ordered. Which is confusing when reading this thread. Is there an agreement here that it does or doesn't cover full price phones (non contract eligible)?

Sent from my Note 2

You can probably do the Samsung rebate off contract. But the BB rebate has to be on contract. It says on Samsung promo FAQ page.

Posted via Android Central App

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Is anyone able to pre-order the Note 4 at a Verizon store or at Verizon's website? I tried to pre-order at a corporate store and store lady tried to get me to switch to the 6GB plan and give up my unlimited and get the phone at the $299 upgrade price. I declined and said I want to preorder at full $699 retail price and keep my unlimited. She tried to put in my pre-order but it would not go thru.System still trying to get me to select tiered option. Decline. At home, I tried the website. Same results.

Has anyone on month to month unlimited plan successfully pre-ordered the Note 4 at Verizon? My option would be to pre-order at Amazon but I was trying to do both the pre-order and trade in at the same location.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Did you try using the iconic portal?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I am trading in a PALM PRE!!!! I took it to Best Buy and was told it qualifies since it works perfect and has no cracks in the screen. Then while they were doing the preorder I started to get nervous so I had them get a manager and he came over and ensured me that my Palm Pre qualified for the deal. The Palm has a value of $0.... He also guaranteed that they would price match the $299 price that sprint had on the device. I had them note my preorder in their system so I would not have any issues on launch day.

I guess it all depends on what Best Buy you walk into.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Is anyone able to pre-order the Note 4 at a Verizon store or at Verizon's website? I tried to pre-order at a corporate store and store lady tried to get me to switch to the 6GB plan and give up my unlimited and get the phone at the $299 upgrade price. I declined and said I want to preorder at full $699 retail price and keep my unlimited. She tried to put in my pre-order but it would not go thru.System still trying to get me to select tiered option. Decline. At home, I tried the website. Same results.

Has anyone on month to month unlimited plan successfully pre-ordered the Note 4 at Verizon? My option would be to pre-order at Amazon but I was trying to do both the pre-order and trade in at the same location.

You can absolutely pay off-contract pricing and keep your UDP. No idea why the store couldn't do this for you. Call customer service and have them place the order.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Does the trade in deal apply if I buy the phone outright? Pay the unsubsidized rate.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Does the trade in deal apply if I buy the phone outright? Pay the unsubsidized rate.

I asked several managers this and they all said it did apply. I'm looking to do the same so we'll see. I think the promo ends today unless I'm wrong.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm gonna be in NY the 16th-20th. I was planning on picking one up there, To bad I can't pre-order with in store pick up.

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I called several best buys and then the last guy called their corporate office for me. They said you can not get 200 deal if buying phone outright because it has to be activated through their system. He said he could not think of a way to work this for me. Guess I'm buying from amazon and doing trade in through them too. Hope that works for samsung 200.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

It better because I'm doing that through Verizon.

Note 2 via Android Central App

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I spoke with Best buy and was told that the promotion will work on phones bought outright and it can be applied directly to the purchase of the Note 4 then and there

Posted via the Android Central App

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I wish that was case but I can't find anyone around my area to do this. I have called and stopped in several stores :(

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I spoke with Best buy and was told that the promotion will work on phones bought outright and it can be applied directly to the purchase of the Note 4 then and there

It does not work on BB outright purchases. It says it on Samsung promo site FAQ.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

There is nothing on the best buy description of the discount the limits the discount to only contract phones. It does however state that some stores may have additional limitations. So yeah until I see in writing from BEST BUY not samsung that off contract phones are excluded they cannot say that I am not eligible for the discount.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

It does not work on BB outright purchases. It says it on Samsung promo site FAQ.

There are 2 different $200 promotions, Best Buy's & Samsung's so the FAQ on the Samsung website is for their promo not BB's.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I think that the reason they state that on the Samsung promo page is because they don't want to have people buy the phone from Best Buy and get the discount then turn around with the trade in receipt and get the visa gift card from Samsung as well. Basically if you are buying the Note 4 from Best buy your discount comes from Best buy not Samsung

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante