Attachments

• 22412.jpg
    22412.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 72

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

There are 2 different $200 promotions, Best Buy's & Samsung's so the FAQ on the Samsung website is for their promo not BB's.

It is the same promotion it's just that going thru BB works differently. That's why the terms are spelled out on the Samsung FAQ.

Posted via Android Central App

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm gonna call Best buy again and get it in writing that they will give me the discount

Posted via the Android Central App

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Let us know what they say, if u can get it in writing. I tried again and was told no again.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

So I just got off the phone with Best buy and was told that I qualify even though I'm buying it off contract, and I got the names of three employees that all said the same thing. They said "you must preorder the phone and then trade in your current smartphone to receive the discount of 200$ that is all. Doesn't matter if you are buying it off contract or not"

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

So I just got off the phone with Best buy and was told that I qualify even though I'm buying it off contract, and I got the names of three employees that all said the same thing. They said "you must preorder the phone and then trade in your current smartphone to receive the discount of 200$ that is all. Doesn't matter if you are buying it off contract or not"

They can say that all day long but the phone has to be activated in their system. A BB employee on here said the same thing. You will get a different story each time but if the system said it has to be contract it has to be. This seems to be the way previous promos have gone as well.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Under law they have to sell it as displayed to the public, and through Best buy there are no limits regarding off contract purchases

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Plus all best buy want to do it activate the phone correct? So they do a 'hardware exchange' and it goes through as activated

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm still going to buy the phone no matter what, if I can't get the discount I'll sell my current phone and get the discount that way. Sorry if I seem agitated lol! Just didn't want to miss out on a pretty huge discount

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm still going to buy the phone no matter what, if I can't get the discount I'll sell my current phone and get the discount that way. Sorry if I seem agitated lol! Just didn't want to miss out on a pretty huge discount

I understand, so instead of buying outright I'm going to purchase it like on contract and then buy out of my contract. Because it's cheaper to pay ETF plus $99 instead of almost $900 off contract.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I understand, so instead of buying outright I'm going to purchase it like on contract and then buy out of my contract. Because it's cheaper to pay ETF plus $99 instead of almost $900 off contract.

I'd love to do that but I don't have any credit as of right now! Lol

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

It is the same promotion it's just that going thru BB works differently. That's why the terms are spelled out on the Samsung FAQ.

Samsung is reimbursing BB the promo money but I think the promos work a little bit differently. When I ordered mine I was told the trade in needed to be in working condition w/o a cracked screen but there was no mention of a $10 minimum value. My trade in shows as being worth $20 on BB's website trade in calculator. That's as oppossed to Samsung stating the trade in does have to have a $10 minimum value. There have been so many posts that have differing info they've gotten from BB I don't think anybody really will know what the deal was until after they've picked up their N4 from BB. It looks to me from my experience at BB they are using their regular trade in policy which doesn't have a $10 minimum. To me the Samsung and BB promotions are two different ones, you use one or the other.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
So has any one figured out whether the imei and Mac address they want is supposed to be from your trade in or from the note 4?

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Samsungs site specifically says their promotion does not work for orders at Best Buy. So there is no chance of a double dip.

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Is anyone able to pre-order the Note 4 at a Verizon store or at Verizon's website? I tried to pre-order at a corporate store and store lady tried to get me to switch to the 6GB plan and give up my unlimited and get the phone at the $299 upgrade price. I declined and said I want to preorder at full $699 retail price and keep my unlimited. She tried to put in my pre-order but it would not go thru.System still trying to get me to select tiered option. Decline. At home, I tried the website. Same results.

Has anyone on month to month unlimited plan successfully pre-ordered the Note 4 at Verizon? My option would be to pre-order at Amazon but I was trying to do both the pre-order and trade in at the same location.

Just a follow up. I simply went to another verizon store and he was able to do the full retail off contract pre-order without a problem. Now all I have to do is trade the $10 phone I got off eBay (with a $21 trade in value at verizon) and I am set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC