Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

Yellow-06-GT

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Question $200 promotion at&t

I was at the att store yesterday. They said there would be minimal trade in value for my s3. I think it is only a best buy thing. I could be wrong though.

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I have an HTC Titan that best buy values at $20, maybe I should just do it there.. But does the $200 from best buy goes to the phone purchase or future purchase after the phone?

Posted via Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I have an HTC Titan that best buy values at $20, maybe I should just do it there.. But does the $200 from best buy goes to the phone purchase or future purchase after the phone?

With Best Buy you have to sign up for a new contract when you trade in your phone and it goes toward the purchase of the phone only.

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

So I have to do a 2 yr contract.. Right now I'm on the Next program. Lower monthly but I pay full price for the phone monthly. Would that still apply?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

So I have to do a 2 yr contract.. Right now I'm on the Next program. Lower monthly but I pay full price for the phone monthly. Would that still apply?

Nope Best Buy specifically states two year contract.

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Yep, I just went there. They said the next program doesn't qualify. I'll guess I'll just have to wait for at&t to do the trade in for my old phone for $10 (their value), and submit the claim to samsung.

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

BB told me that any working smartphone would do, including my old Droid X. I'm thinking of taking an old Palm Treo in and trading that instead. I'm assuming the Treo qualifies as a smartphone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at Best Buy twice last week. I talked to the head store manager. He told me as long i pre order the Note 4 I could trade in any working smart phone and get 200 dollars gift card. I asked him is it ok if I trade in a HP Veer (trust me this phone is ancient but nevertheless it is a smart phone). He stated YES as long it can be found in the trade in data base even if it is worth 0 dollars. I talked to numerous employees at best buy and they all told me the same thing. They also told me that I can buy the phone with the Next Program to get the 200 dollars trade in promotion.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

I pre-ordered mine and am trading in my fiancé's Note 2, they said that as long as it's a smartphone and works it's fine, her phone has a couple of dings on the edges and the guy at Best buy said that it would be fine, that it's a samsung promo and they didn't care. I really don't want to trade my note 3 in as my fiancé will be getting it.

Posted via the Android Central App

txlnghrn79

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

according to the terms and conditions on the website it does not say anything about having to do the 2 year contract. I was told I could do the next program and get the $200.

Here is the terms from the best buy website:
"Valid 9/19/14-10/16/14. In store only. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/TradeIn for full details. "

I hope i can do the next program....I will be a little upset if I cant....but I'll deal..LOL

txlnghrn79

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Yep, I just went there. They said the next program doesn't qualify. I'll guess I'll just have to wait for at&t to do the trade in for my old phone for $10 (their value), and submit the claim to samsung.

I was told that I could get the $200 even if I go the next program. I hope they told me right as I will probably be a little upset if not, but I will deal.

Here is the blurb from the website:

"Valid 9/19/14-10/16/14. In store only. Valid on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade-in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/TradeIn for full details. "

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Hey Peter....OT but how have you liked the next program so far? My wife and I have an older roll over minutes plan but I'm trying to decide if the next plan would be better to lower my bill? Thanks.

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Definitely better. Lower monthly price, minutes are unlimited, data is giving double right now, so you buy 15gb share data, they'll give you 30 go. Plus there are very low prices to international calls. You can upgrade phones early if you want, there might be some more that I'm forgetting. Give the Next a look at the store or give them a call. They'll do a comparison for you.

anon(5503495)

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Att told me to bring in my old iPhone 4 for the promotion. It's not only best buy that's doing it

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

I pre-ordered mine and am trading in my fiancé's Note 2, they said that as long as it's a smartphone and works it's fine, her phone has a couple of dings on the edges and the guy at Best buy said that it would be fine, that it's a samsung promo and they didn't care. I really don't want to trade my note 3 in as my fiancé will be getting it.

Why trade in your Note 2 for the samsung promo? Just get a cheap smartphone and use that for your promo trade in. I also have a Galaxy Note 2 but I will be selling that separately. I got a cheap smartphone off eBay for $20 and Verizon gave me $21 for it. That will be used for the $200 promo. Now I can sell my note 2 for $150 to $200 or more. So that's a total credit of $350 to $400 or more on my pre ordered phone. Even if you go back and trade your phone, it's still an additional amount on top of the $200 from Samsung.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

You absolutely have to do two year contract at BB. Go to Samsung promo page FAQ. BB has an entire section in there. Can't pay the link but I'll try to screenshot.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Here it is I think. Couldn't really see it as I attached it.

Attachments

• 22412.jpg
    22412.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 38

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Here it is I think. Couldn't really see it as I attached it.

Maybe being too technical, but it only states "customer must be eligible for new 2-year activation". It does not specfically state that you have to do a new 2-year contract, you just have to be eligible. So, idk...

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Why trade in your Note 2 for the samsung promo? Just get a cheap smartphone and use that for your promo trade in. I also have a Galaxy Note 2 but I will be selling that separately. I got a cheap smartphone off eBay for $20 and Verizon gave me $21 for it. That will be used for the $200 promo. Now I can sell my note 2 for $150 to $200 or more. So that's a total credit of $350 to $400 or more on my pre ordered phone. Even if you go back and trade your phone, it's still an additional amount on top of the $200 from Samsung.

It's not an additional amount on top of a $200 rebate, it's the trade in value plus the balance that equals a $200 total.

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

There's going to be a lot of ticked off BB customers when they realize that it's $200-x(value of trade in) and not $200 + trade in value

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7