Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

I think I'm caving in... No I am definitely caving in. Going to bb tomorrow to pre order... Do I have to bring my trade in tomorrow or when I pick up the phone?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I think I'm caving in... No I am definitely caving in. Going to bb tomorrow to pre order... Do I have to bring my trade in tomorrow or when I pick up the phone?

When you pick the phone up Friday. They will just get $50 down and give it back to you on a gift card.

Posted via Android Central App

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I just have to say - good job Samsung. I am NOT a Samsung fan (just never cared for design or their marketing), but I am very likely going to go and preorder the Verizon Note 4 tomorrow from BestBuy. Reason? I have been looking for a device with a larger screen and that is one heck of a deal. I have a super old Palm Pre sitting in my drawer that is practically worth nothing that I will trade in.

So, its $50 down, $200 gift card towards, and the remaining $449 financed over EDGE... That's $22.50 a month... That's a heck of a lot cheaper than many of the phones I've considered (64gb iP6+ w/ $50 down would be $40 a month). Really don't think it would be worth the difference...

And guess what? If I end up not liking it in a few months, it will be super close to the paying off the 60% needed to 'edge up'... Win win!

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I just have to say - good job Samsung. I am NOT a Samsung fan (just never cared for design or their marketing), but I am very likely going to go and preorder the Verizon Note 4 tomorrow from BestBuy. Reason? I have been looking for a device with a larger screen and that is one heck of a deal. I have a super old Palm Pre sitting in my drawer that is practically worth nothing that I will trade in.

So, its $50 down, $200 gift card towards, and the remaining $449 financed over EDGE... That's $22.50 a month... That's a heck of a lot cheaper than many of the phones I've considered (64gb iP6+ w/ $50 down would be $40 a month). Really don't think it would be worth the difference...

And guess what? If I end up not liking it in a few months, it will be super close to the paying off the 60% needed to 'edge up'... Win win!

You can't use edge and get the promo at Best Buy. You'd have to go directly thru Verizon and do the Samsung promo. Also most pre orders seem to be sold out I'd definitely call and tell them to bring it up on their system if the nearest Best Buy is a good distance.

Posted via Android Central App

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Why trade in your Note 2 for the samsung promo? Just get a cheap smartphone and use that for your promo trade in. I also have a Galaxy Note 2 but I will be selling that separately. I got a cheap smartphone off eBay for $20 and Verizon gave me $21 for it. That will be used for the $200 promo. Now I can sell my note 2 for $150 to $200 or more. So that's a total credit of $350 to $400 or more on my pre ordered phone. Even if you go back and trade your phone, it's still an additional amount on top of the $200 from Samsung.

It's not an additional amount on top of a $200 rebate, it's the trade in value plus the balance that equals a $200 total.

It IS an additional amount on top of the $200 rebate. You are misunderstanding my writeup. Read it again. If I get a $20 phone and get $21 for it from Verizon, then Samsung sends me $179 so in total I received $200 back. At this point I still have my old note 2 since I bought and used a cheap smartphone from eBay for the VZN trade in. Hence when I now sell or even trade in my old Note 2 it will be an additional amount on top of the $200 I will have received for the VZN trade in and Samsung rebate. Got it?

If the note 2 is used as the original trade and Verizon gives me say $120 as trade in value, then I get $80 difference back from Samsung hence a total of $200. Why do that? My example above gets you more money in return towards your Note 4 especially if you buy a cheap phone for less money than Verizon gives you back.

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

May i ask what phone was that??

thanks!!

My trade in phone was a LG Ally VS740 - Black (Verizon) Smartphone. Tons of cheap ones in good used condition with clean esn on eBay. Got mine for $20 shipped. Verizon gave me $21 for it.

I originally got a Kyocera Kona on eBay for $10 and Verizon also gave me $21 for that phone but I did not want to take any chance that Samsung may reject it as not being a "smartphone" so I got the LG Ally VS740 instead after checking out its trade in value.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

For best buy, can it be any phone? I have an old iPhone 3G, but att won't take it because they give it zero value.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

To anyone reading this that works at Best Buy. Sprint has now reduced the contract price on the N4 to $299 from $349 yet at BB the price for the Sprint phone is still $349. Will Best Buy reduce it also, or would they price match competitors with ad printout at time of pickup? (It is even $299 on Amazon).

Great, it looks like someone heard me :) BB just dropped the Sprint Note to $299.

It is now back to being $349 again on BB website for Sprint, what is going on???

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 Notice for best buy $200 promo

Each store has given full discretion to their respective managers.

Therefore, ones experience with this promo may vary from store to store.

I just spoke w both the Samsung rep and manager of my local Best Buy and the manager said to me directly that he can approve or veto ANY AND ALL trade-ins, gift cards, etc for this promo.

My recommendation to all: confirm with your local Best Buy manager that he/she is on board with YOUR SPECIFIC SITUATION BEFORE Friday.

Hope that this helps, guys.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Notice for best buy $200 promo

There is no such thing as store level "full discretion" at Best Buy since they are corporate stores and use the same POS system that manages phones and gift cards the same way. The terms for this offer from BB corporate clearly state contract-only and their POS is not set up to allow a gift card release for this specifically coded offer with anything other than contracts. The manager has no way to approve anything here unless it is done outside their normal mobile purchase process and then an instant flag the manager has to explain.

Could BB corporate get their help desk & IT to change the POS system before the 17th? Not an absolute no, but seems unlikely.

Store level discretion none the less would be a catastrophically bad decision when they have terms defined and the POS set up already.

Where does this stuff come from?

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

There is no such thing as store level "full discretion" at Best Buy since they are corporate stores and use the same POS system that manages phones and gift cards the same way. The terms for this offer from BB corporate clearly state contract-only and their POS is not set up to allow a gift card release for this specifically coded offer with anything other than contracts. The manager has no way to approve anything here unless it is done outside their normal mobile purchase process and then an instant flag the manager has to explain.

Could BB corporate get their help desk & IT to change the POS system before the 17th? Not an absolute no, but seems unlikely.

Store level discretion none the less would be a catastrophically bad decision when they have terms defined and the POS set up already.

Where does this stuff come from?

Okay, then I guess my manager was lying when he told me point blank that he can facilite the $200 gift card for any smartphone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Okay, then I guess my manager was lying when he told me point blank that he can facilite the $200 gift card for any smartphone.
You can walk naked in public yelling, "l love Nickleback" but does not mean it is prudent to do, or will happen ;)

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Just left BB with my pre-order all set. They said they will take ANY working smartphone, so they said they will take my old iPhone 3G. I'm stoked about that! Now I can sell my Nexus 4 and get a few more bucks to pay for the phone.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Just left BB with my pre-order all set. They said they will take ANY working smartphone, so they said they will take my old iPhone 3G. I'm stoked about that! Now I can sell my Nexus 4 and get a few more bucks to pay for the phone.

Are you buying it outright?

ATM2626

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

When I preordered mine a couple weeks ago I was told I could trade in an iPhone 3GS; however, after looking at posts I got skeptical. I called BB last week and spoke to another person and that person said no way to a 3GS...

Who knows though...maybe we'll get lucky? In the meantime I have an iPhone 4 to trade in just in case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc