Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Just left BB with my pre-order all set. They said they will take ANY working smartphone, so they said they will take my old iPhone 3G. I'm stoked about that! Now I can sell my Nexus 4 and get a few more bucks to pay for the phone.

That's what I was told too when I preordered at BB. I took my Galaxy S1 with me and was told it was fine for the trade in. One thing's for sure, we're all soon to find out if what we were told is fact.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I have sero P on Sprint, I can't go to best buy does this work with telesales for Sprint? I have a old plan that's no longer supported.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

You can't use edge and get the promo at Best Buy. You'd have to go directly thru Verizon and do the Samsung promo. Also most pre orders seem to be sold out I'd definitely call and tell them to bring it up on their system if the nearest Best Buy is a good distance.

Hmm, Not sure about your experience, but I went to BestBuy today and they said no problem with Edge. I asked two different associates including mobile dept manager. Maybe its different at different stores.

And in Atlanta, I've been to two different BestBuys and they have plenty. I now have a black(ish) Verizon Note 4 on preorder! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Hmm, Not sure about your experience, but I went to BestBuy today and they said no problem with Edge. I asked two different associates including mobile dept manager. Maybe its different at different stores.

And in Atlanta, I've been to two different BestBuys and they have plenty. I now have a black(ish) Verizon Note 4 on preorder! :)

They also told me that but it's not true lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 22412.jpg
    22412.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 57

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

When I preordered mine a couple weeks ago I was told I could trade in an iPhone 3GS; however, after looking at posts I got skeptical. I called BB last week and spoke to another person and that person said no way to a 3GS...

Who knows though...maybe we'll get lucky? In the meantime I have an iPhone 4 to trade in just in case.
Yeah, I have the Nexus 4 that I will bring as well. If they don't take the iPhone they can have the Nexus. Taking the iPhone will just be icing on the cake.
That's what I was told too when I preordered at BB. I took my Galaxy S1 with me and was told it was fine for the trade in. One thing's for sure, we're all soon to find out if what we were told is fact.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

They also told me that but it's not true lol.

I am assuming you mean the statement: "Customer must be eligible for a new, two-year contract to receive gift card for this promotion". I saw that in their documentation and asked the associate - he said that as long as I had a line ELIGIBLE (as in not under current contract or under EDGE), then I was able to get it, it doesn't matter whether or not I sign up for EDGE or 2-year contract.

Well, either way, if I get there on the 23rd and they refuse to do it without doing a 2-year contract, then I guess neither Samsung nor BestBuy will have me as a customer (as this is the only reason that I am getting this phone).

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I am assuming you mean the statement: "Customer must be eligible for a new, two-year contract to receive gift card for this promotion". I saw that in their documentation and asked the associate - he said that as long as I had a line ELIGIBLE (as in not under current contract or under EDGE), then I was able to get it, it doesn't matter whether or not I sign up for EDGE or 2-year contract.

Well, either way, if I get there on the 23rd and they refuse to do it without doing a 2-year contract, then I guess neither Samsung nor BestBuy will have me as a customer (as this is the only reason that I am getting this phone).

If that was the case then anyone is eligible. All You have to do is add a line with a two year contract. But i will see what their system says Friday and let you know.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

If that was the case then anyone is eligible. All You have to do is add a line with a two year contract. But i will see what their system says Friday and let you know.

This!

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site

If you have a upgrade either thru 2 year agreement or any of the payment plans you can pre-order and get the promo. Only two year contracts can add the 200$ towards the phone. The rest just gets a 200$ gift card

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I just have to say - good job Samsung. I am NOT a Samsung fan (just never cared for design or their marketing), but I am very likely going to go and preorder the Verizon Note 4 tomorrow from BestBuy. Reason? I have been looking for a device with a larger screen and that is one heck of a deal. I have a super old Palm Pre sitting in my drawer that is practically worth nothing that I will trade in.

So, its $50 down, $200 gift card towards, and the remaining $449 financed over EDGE... That's $22.50 a month... That's a heck of a lot cheaper than many of the phones I've considered (64gb iP6+ w/ $50 down would be $40 a month). Really don't think it would be worth the difference...

And guess what? If I end up not liking it in a few months, it will be super close to the paying off the 60% needed to 'edge up'... Win win!

I wouldn't apply the $250 towards your edge plan unless you are for sure going to keep it for 20 months or for sure going to upgrade in 8 months . Otherwise you are losing value.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

If you have a upgrade either thru 2 year agreement or any of the payment plans you can pre-order and get the promo. Only two year contracts can add the 200$ towards the phone. The rest just gets a 200$ gift card

The promo states you have to use the gift card towards the purchase. You can't do that if there's no money paid up front. But we will see on Friday.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't apply the $250 towards your edge plan unless you are for sure going to keep it for 20 months or for sure going to upgrade in 8 months . Otherwise you are losing value.
You can't apply to edge program because you are paying thru Verizon not best buy. Best buy is for best buy purchases

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

That was what I was told too. I have three lines on my More Everything plan. One line is currently eligible for an upgrade. However, I was told by two different BBs that as long as you either upgrade/renew your eligible line OR create a new line/agreement even starting with an Edge plan, then you can get the BB $200 gift card promo.

The BB promo is not only for existing lines that are now eligible for an upgrade.

EDIT: However, I do wonder how you can sign up for Edge on a new or upgrade eligible line, then apply the $200 BB gift card. Will they allow the $200 to applied to the value of the phone, thus reducing your payment you'll make each month to VZW? Has anybody ever done an Edge plan and put money down towards it to reduce the monthly payment?

EDIT #2: Just googled it and found it in the VZW FAQ. You can pay down the device cost via a downpayment when you enter into an Edge agreement. I wonder if BB will (can?) apply the $200 promo to the value of the phone?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rt/faqs/Equipment/vz-edge.html&token=tM_RjtLP

Can I make a down payment when I buy a new device with Verizon Edge?

Yes, you can make a down payment to reduce your monthly Edge payment. However, the total down payment can’t exceed 60% of the full retail price of the device.

Note: To participate in the Verizon Edge program, some customers may be required to make a down payment based on credit criteria.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

That was what I was told too. I have three lines on my More Everything plan. One line is currently eligible for an upgrade. However, I was told by two different BBs that as long as you either upgrade/renew your eligible line OR create a new line/agreement even starting with an Edge plan, then you can get the BB $200 gift card promo.

The BB promo is not only for existing lines that are now eligible for an upgrade.

I want saying you have to have a line eligible. I was saying anyone is eligible because you can just add a line. BB employees will tell you all kinds of stuff. The same guy that told me I could buy off contract two weeks later told me it had to be contract. Most of them don't even know about the promo trust me. I don't want to take any chances so I'm prepared to add a line etc to get the promo.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Seemingly, whatever the BB rep you're standing in front of come the 17th or 23rd is what the actual BB rules are.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Okay I'm on sprint, here is what I heard from calling telesales at 888-882-4030

I buy the phone for 299 up front, trade in my phone with their buy back program (I have a M7 so I don't know how much that's worth) afterwards I upload my receipts to samsung and they send me the DIFFERENCE from what sprint gave me for my phone for a total of 200 off the phone so it's 99 after all is said and done.

I don't know if Sprint hands back a check or credit towards your bill.

It's not a bad deal just time consuming to get the little bit of money back. I went to see the NOTE and it made me re-evualute my smartphone life, I"m looking at all these other android phones as the same thing in a sense lol.

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Just wanted to say I preordered the Note 4 this weekend from my local BestBuy without any problems. I called 2 places ahead that were were out so I just went to the next closest one after calling to confirm availability. I live in one of the major coastal cities as well. Both the person on the phone and the person in store were aware of the trade-in promotion.

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

The Samsung Rep at the Best Buy that I went to said specifically that you cannot get the $200 towards the Note using either Edge or Next, only with a two year contract. He said it was because you are not putting any money up front with Edge or Next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax