Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Just preordered mine this weekend at Best Buy. They're offering the $200 gift card with a trade in and activation of the GN4 (it's in this weeks flyer).

Also signed up for their phone freedom promo they had at the beginning of the year so that's another $50 off as well.

Last edited:

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Sorry if this has been hashed and rehashed, i went through the last couple pages of this post and couldn't see anyone commenting on my question, so here it goes... I pre ordered the verizon note 4 last week off contract. When I was looking at samsungs rebate site, it says that getting the $200 rebate (less the value of your tradein) from can't be done if you preorder from best buy. But to get the $200 trade in value directly from best buy, you have to renew a contract. I'm not eligible for an upgrade though, so is it impossible to preorder the note 4 through best buy off contract and get the kickback from Samsung?

*For some reason my screen shot that I've attached I think is preventing me from being able to post, but it's at the bottom of the mentioned link in the fine print that states best buy customers can't get a rebate from Samsung. *

Attachments

• 2014-10-13-21-51-58.jpg
    2014-10-13-21-51-58.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 134

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Is sprint buyback and sprint trade in the SAME THING? I have to order from telesales and do the trade in.

anyone have sprint wanna chime in? I want to get this.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Sorry if this has been hashed and rehashed, i went through the last couple pages of this post and couldn't see anyone commenting on my question, so here it goes... I pre ordered the verizon note 4 last week off contract. When I was looking at samsungs rebate site, it says that getting the $200 rebate (less the value of your tradein) from can't be done if you preorder from best buy. But to get the $200 trade in value directly from best buy, you have to renew a contract. I'm not eligible for an upgrade though, so is it impossible to preorder the note 4 through best buy off contract and get the kickback from Samsung?

*For some reason my screen shot that I've attached I think is preventing me from being able to post, but it's at the bottom of the mentioned link in the fine print that states best buy customers can't get a rebate from Samsung. *

Some people are going to try to trade in at BB and order from the carrier. I for one fell they will kick it out on a technicality but I could be wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Some people are going to try to trade in at BB and order from the carrier. I for one fell they will kick it out on a technicality but I could be wrong.

So... preorder at best buy and preorder at a carrier? I don't think I followed your post, sorry.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

There is nothing on the best buy description of the discount the limits the discount to only contract phones. It does however state that some stores may have additional limitations. So yeah until I see in writing from BEST BUY not samsung that off contract phones are excluded they cannot say that I am not eligible for the discount.

Posted via the Android Central App

Best Buy clearly states in their terms now the offer is for contract purchases only. This was updated almost two weeks ago.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Best Buy clearly states in their terms the offer is for contract purchases only. This was updated almost two weeks ago.

Okay, show me some Best Buy literature that says that off contract phones are excluded from the promo

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Okay, show me some Best Buy literature that says that off contract phones are excluded from the promo

This is why I keep saying that the BB and Samsung promo are the same just executed differently.

Attachments

• 22412.jpg
    22412.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 49

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Best Buy clearly states in their terms now the offer is for contract purchases only. This was updated almost two weeks ago.

Next from at&t is a contract. An equipment contract.

BTW, I work for at&t and confirmed this. If you are eligible for an upgrade (Next or 2 year) you qualify for the rebate. If you don't qualify but you do qualify to add a line you can do what some others have mentioned: start a new line, get the rebate, cancel and pay etf. Since the BB promo is an instant rebate, that would be your best choice so you don't have to wait too long to receive the rebate before you cancel.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Next from at&t is a contract. An equipment contract.

BTW, I work for at&t and confirmed this. If you are eligible for an upgrade (Next or 2 year) you qualify for the rebate. If you don't qualify but you do qualify to add a line you can do what some others have mentioned: start a new line, get the rebate, cancel and pay etf. Since the BB promo is an instant rebate, that would be your best choice so you don't have to wait too long to receive the rebate before you cancel.

How can you get it with Next when it clearly days two year contract and that the gift card must be applied to the phone?

Bolt

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Will Best Buy take a rooted phone? I really don't feel like figuring out how to restore my old phones back to stock.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I feel like this promo is going to be all about the mood of the rep you are in front of lol

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
How can you get it with Next when it clearly days two year contract and that the gift card must be applied to the phone?

That is a faq prepared with anticipated questions considered. It is not the end all of the promotion nor is it the full terms and conditions. Choose to believe me or not, the gift card can be used at any time. Will that be the case at your local Best Buy store? I don't know. YMMV.

As far as the 2 year contract, you must be eligible for an upgrade but you may choose to go the route of a 2 year contract or a NEXT contract. Again, will that be the case at your local Best Buy store? I don't know. YMMV

All that being said, there has been multiple Best Buy and Samsung employees that have said Next, Edge, etc. qualify. Yes, there has been a few who have said they don't but the majority agree Next type agreements qualify.

Bottom line: Friday we will hear stories from some who got the deal they expected while there will be others that got tangled up in the mess of details and came out frustrated.......and possibly without a shiny new Note 4.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I read through the first 7 pages. And I really wanted this deal but the more questions and confused replies I see the more Im like "it isnt worth it" lol. Good luck to all those trying though.

dustout

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know yet if trading in a phone to Amazon will qualify? I have some old phones that can be traded in there.

If not, is there a low price phone that anyone has found that I could buy to trade in at AT&T/Verizon/wherever that qualifies that is cheap?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital