Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Does anyone know how many phones can be used to trade in at best buy to go towards a new phone?

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone found out if you can buy your phone outright? The promotion fine print says you must be eligible for 2 year contract. Yet best buy people don't know if you can buy the phone in full. Let alone how much it costs. They just assume it'll be 799.99 like the current note 3.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If you pay ETF the phone is yours. I just did this with AT&T. I even cancelled before the 14 days and still was able to keep the device.

Posted via Android Central App

Technically, according to the contract you signed, if you cancel within 14 days you have to return the device as well. However, the fine print doesn't always get abided by. They have the option to let you keep the phone which apparently they did. Much like they will probably be skirting a lot of the fine print in this promo ( or at least interpreting it in a slightly more beneficial manner to the customer and salesperson).......... If you get the right BB employee.

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Technically, according to the contract you signed, if you cancel within 14 days you have to return the device as well. However, the fine print doesn't always get abided by. They have the option to let you keep the phone which apparently they did. Much like they will probably be skirting a lot of the fine print in this promo ( or at least interpreting it in a slightly more beneficial manner to the customer and salesperson).......... If you get the right BB employee.

Posted via the Android Central App

There's no reason for me to turn the phone in if I'm keeping service. I ordered one via AT&T though in case the BB promo doesn't pan out.

Posted via Android Central App

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I attempted to complete the process since I got my T-mo Note 4 early and I keep getting a message that my IMEI/MAC aren't valid. Have an email into the administrators. Hope this gets fixed quickly.
The phone you traded in was old phone or did you do a trade through your jump program?

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Here is good question. I am currently TMO customer and I am eligible to JUMP to new phone, does anyone know if I pre order my Note 4 today, and if JUMP to Note 4 which means i am trading in my old phone will I qualify for $200 samsung credit?

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Re the ETF...

I talked to 2 different att reps today - one on chat and one in store. I described this exact scenario to them...

- Add a line to my current 10gb share plan for $299.
- $35 (or whatever) activation fee
- keep 4th line for 1 month at $40 on share plan
- cancel 4th line for $325 after 1 month
- after paying ETF, the device is mine

Total payments- $700

The att reps had no idea about the Samsung rebate, so I just left that out of the equation.

I then went to BB and described the above, but with their $200 GC, net paid would only be $500. The BB reps were like me, thinking that's too good to be true, but agreed with the math. The part they offered as a caution is if att somehow blocks the cancelled IMEI to where that cancelled device could not later be swapped out to my active/primary line or flagged my account for fraud to not me to buy any more phones through them.

So... Has anyone ETF'ed a device with att and later used that device as a hardware swap with att?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Here is good question. I am currently TMO customer and I am eligible to JUMP to new phone, does anyone know if I pre order my Note 4 today, and if JUMP to Note 4 which means i am trading in my old phone will I qualify for $200 samsung credit?
No it won't count, you are not getting a trade in credit for a jump phone.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

That will work and the phone is yours to keep but why in the world would you go through all that mess??

mgarcia1

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

I just pre-ordered the Verizon Note 4 in Charcoal Black at my local BB in San Diego. Like other posts mentioned, they charged me $50 for a gift card as deposit to be used towards the phone at pickup. I asked about the $200 promo and both clerks mentioned that it was for *any* smart phone as long as it was still in working condition without a cracked body or screen. I showed them my pristine Moto Droid X and they said it would be fine for trade in. I'm going to hang onto my S3 as a backup. They told me that I would receive an email on or before 10/23 for pickup. <thanks Verizon :p >
I'm still going to check Costco this weekend to see if they will have a comparable promo as I prefer to buy from them.

Good luck!

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

That will work and the phone is yours to keep but why in the world would you go through all that mess??

If you're responding to me, it's really that not that much effort for getting an N4 for $500.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

For those looking to trade in an old phone to best buy check with their customer support desk to see how much it goes for. I read in this thread someone will be using their iPhone 3GS but I just went to best buy and their systems shows the phone to be worth only $5 for 8gb and 16gb models. I believe minimum value is $10 to qualify. So don't just get the oldest possible smart phone because they can probably turn you away.
The two I spoke two at bb said any working phone. I asked both about an iPhone 3G, not even 3gs, and they both said any working phone.

I'm in the camp of I'll believe it when I see it, and have the $200 and phone in hand. I'm bringing the 3G and the Nexus 4. I'll try the 3G and see what happens.

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

The two I spoke two at bb said any working phone. I asked both about an iPhone 3G, not even 3gs, and they both said any working phone.

I'm in the camp of I'll believe it when I see it, and have the $200 and phone in hand. I'm bringing the 3G and the Nexus 4. I'll try the 3G and see what happens.

You think that's bad, I have my daughter's old pantech crossover that I plan on trying to trade in (I also have an S2). It's technically a smart phone, but it was always a piece of junk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781