Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
My hubby and I were able to submit everything online and we both received the follow-up emails with our confirmation numbers on the 4th, and now it's just a waiting game. Honestly, I don't have high hopes based on what I'm reading here. When I hear something back, I'll update you guys.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
hilarious how people do not follow the exact instructions and/or the terms of service and then they're surprised upon getting denied... my claim has been accepted and i am now awaiting my check for 180 dollars... because i followed ALL directions and complied with the TOS, I did not have any problem whatsoever... not bashing anybody, I just literally find it comical how some people react when they knew they were bending a rule or 2 at the end of the day... i mean come on... this is no small rebate... 200 bucks... they're obviously going to deny ANY claim they can DENY for ANY reason listed... this is not the company's fault... this is the world we live in...

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
anyone with confirmation number can pm prizelogic support and ask for the status of the rebate, i email them and they replied saying my rebate was approved and i'll have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to come. My steps were like this:
1. bought phone and tradein via tmobile website.
2. print out the email receipt invoice (that's the phone receipt with device and preorder date on it since i get no form of physicals receipt)
3. go to tmobile website to print out the trade in value shipping label for tradein device (which has trade in value of $10 and the name of phone traded in)
4. go submit via samsungpromotion website.
5. got email promotion confirmation number.
6. since submit online won't work with the IMEI Wifi MAC problem, i decided to print out the confirmation email and mail it in via UPSP office.
7. Submitted documents include: (2 receipt, the confirmation email, the form for rebate, a picture of my MAC and IMEI just in case, circled all the information that are required in the samsungpromotion page.)

How do you pm prizelogic? You refering to sending an email to prizelogic customer support?

I see you also mentioned a 'form for the rebate' Is that the form at the end of the term and condition which includes entering address, birth date, imei etc? Thought that's only if you didn't use the email to enter info.

Still just baffled by this nonsense. I provided a copy of the verizon order confirmation receipt (pre order 10/10), trade in receipt (10/21) and registration confirmation email. No reason to receive a rejection email. They included a link to terms and condition which shows the 2nd promotion post release where you had to buy and trade-in on the same date.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
How do you pm prizelogic? You refering to sending an email to prizelogic customer support?

I see you also mentioned a 'form for the rebate' Is that the form at the end of the term and condition which includes entering address, birth date, imei etc? Thought that's only if you didn't use the email to enter info.

Still just baffled by this nonsense. I provided a copy of the verizon order confirmation receipt (pre order 10/10), trade in receipt (10/21) and registration confirmation email. No reason to receive a rejection email. They included a link to terms and condition which shows the 2nd promotion post release where you had to buy and trade-in on the same date.

dude... you were supposed to trade in the phone before 10/17.... clear as day violation of the TOS.... and don't say "for verizon, we had until 10/22" cause that is wrong... yes for VZW we had until 10/22 to PRE ORDER the note 4, however we still had to trade in our old one before 10/17 LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE... sorry man but this is why you got denied... just tellin ya, dont kill the messenger...

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
hilarious how people do not follow the exact instructions and/or the terms of service and then they're surprised upon getting denied... my claim has been accepted and i am now awaiting my check for 180 dollars... because i followed ALL directions and complied with the TOS, I did not have any problem whatsoever... not bashing anybody, I just literally find it comical how some people react when they knew they were bending a rule or 2 at the end of the day... i mean come on... this is no small rebate... 200 bucks... they're obviously going to deny ANY claim they can DENY for ANY reason listed... this is not the company's fault... this is the world we live in...

Many of us followed the TOS exactly. Reality is they cannot deny ALL claims but may want to deny as many as they can. TOS says send pre-order confirmation receipt, trade-in value receipt, registration email page. Circled phone value on both receipts. Both receipts also show date of pre-order and trade in. What cause is there for a rejection? I mean, what the heck does "Your purchase date wasn't in the timeframe or the date wasn't present in the upload." mean? They are probably confusing promotions.

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
dude... you were supposed to trade in the phone before 10/17.... clear as day violation of the TOS.... and don't say "for verizon, we had until 10/22" cause that is wrong... yes for VZW we had until 10/22 to PRE ORDER the note 4, however we still had to trade in our old one before 10/17 LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE... sorry man but this is why you got denied... just tellin ya, dont kill the messenger...

That's cool. Not killing the messenger just trying to find out why. So we can order a phone till Oct 22 on Verizon but must have traded in a phone before Oct 17th? Hopefully Prizelogic gives me answers next week. Fortunately I traded in a kyocera phone before Oct 17 but wasn't sure it qualifies as a smartphone so I got and traded in another phone on Oct 21st. If what you say is true, I can just use the 1st tradein.

Also my reasoning for them confusing promotions is based on the TOC link they sent me on the rejection email which is not for the pre-order. https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/tradein/Rules

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I looked over the terms & conditions of the Brilliant Friends & Family promo & I don't see anything on it that says the trade-in has to be on or before 10/17

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I looked over the terms & conditions of the Brilliant Friends & Family promo & I don't see anything on it that says the trade-in has to be on or before 10/17

im 100% positive about what I said, i got the info direct from samsung, but if you dont wanna believe then oh welll... i got my rebate, i really do not care who believes it or not, im just trying to help out the community ...

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
im 100% positive about what I said, i got the info direct from samsung, but if you dont wanna believe then oh welll... i got my rebate, i really do not care who believes it or not, im just trying to help out the community ...

Oh yes, by some of the patronizing comments you've made on this thread, I can see how you're trying to "help" the community. For your information, I completed my trade-in before 10/17... That is all!

Last edited:

91DBrown

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
"Regardless of method of claim selected by Participant, the device must have beenpre
ordered during the Pre-Order Period, and any receipt submitted must have a transaction
date within the Pre-Order period"

From the terms and agreements, I wonder if it's because the trade in recept's were not dated within the time period, 10/16 for all other carriers, 10/22 for Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing in the terms and conditions that states that the trade-in had to be on or before 10/17 (or 10/22 for Verizon). That would be a stupid requirement since many people would be trading in the phone they are currently using. I confirmed this when I preordered.

91DBrown

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing in the terms and conditions that states that the trade-in had to be on or before 10/17 (or 10/22 for Verizon). That would be a stupid requirement since many people would be trading in the phone they are currently using. I confirmed this when I preordered.

I agree it is stupid, however their wording does say "any" receipt. Believe me I don't want this to be the case, I will have to look at my paperwork when I get home to find my trade in date, however I did not get any rejection email yet. I guess no news is good news.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. This is copied directly from the terms and conditions. Am I missing a trade expiration reference?

PRE-ORDER OFFER INSTRUCTIONS: To receive the Off er (as defined in Section 4
below), a Participant must

1. pre-order a samsung Galaxy Note 94 during the following dates depending participants

mobile service provider as set forth below ("Pre-Order Period")

A. T-Mobile. : September 24,2014 at 12:00 AM ET and October 16,2014 at 11:59:59
PM ET
B. Sprint: September 26,2014 at 12:00 AM ET and October 16,2014 at 11:59:59
PM ET
C. AT&T: September 19,2014 at 12:00 AM ET and October 16,2014 at 11:59:59
PM ET; and
D. Verizon: September 19,2014 at 12:00 AM ET and October 22,2014 at 11:59:59
PM ET.
2. Trade in an eligible working smartphone valued $10 or more at the time of trade in at a

participating retailer; and

3. Then redeem the Offer by submitting an Off er claim using one (1) of the following two (2)

YOGaKrite

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

yeah customer support message. I have to included that form at the end of term and condition since i submitted via mail.