10-13-2014 07:27 PM
248 ... 34567 ...
tools
    If you put them on right, you hardly even notice they are there when the device is on.
    But why even put them on?? I always run my phones naked and without screen protectors. I'm hard on my phones and I have never scratched my screen even with my keys in the pocket.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-26-2014 07:07 PM
    But why even put them on?? I always run my phones naked and without screen protectors. I'm hard on my phones and I have never scratched my screen even with my keys in the pocket.

SO you've been lucky so far. OTOH, I've never had one scratched (or cracked) either and I'm not at all bothered by a screen protector. So, what have I got to lose other than a few dollars? They may also provide just a bit of help if you're not using a case, too. Buy a good one, put it on right, it does not affect the phone in any material fashion that I see. The contrast and brightness blows right through it when the screen is on. (That was not the case in Palm Treo days!) Maybe I'd feel differently if I sat there doing A-B comparisons of varying protectors and naked screens. But if I have to do that to be concerned about it, it's already doing just fine.

As we evolve to keeping pricey phones longer, it is ever more likely something goes wrong. Murphy's law.
    JimSmith94 likes this.
    09-27-2014 06:04 AM
    SO you've been lucky so far. OTOH, I've never had one scratched (or cracked) either and I'm not at all bothered by a screen protector. So, what have I got to lose other than a few dollars? They may also provide just a bit of help if you're not using a case, too. Buy a good one, put it on right, it does not affect the phone in any material fashion that I see. The contrast and brightness blows right through it when the screen is on. (That was not the case in Palm Treo days!) Maybe I'd feel differently if I sat there doing A-B comparisons of varying protectors and naked screens. But if I have to do that to be concerned about it, it's already doing just fine.

As we evolve to keeping pricey phones longer, it is ever more likely something goes wrong. Murphy's law.
    Those plastic Screen protectors affects screen quality. Your buying a QHD screen phone yet you want to put something on top of that? When you buy your Note 4 and put the screen protector on compare it to a store model and you can see the difference ( I can). The only ones that I would buy if I was scratching my phones a lot is a Glass Screen protector since they don't affect Screen quality enough that I notice if they do at all. I liked those but the feel of it as stiff while being naked felt smooth so i kept it naked (my Note 3)

I have tried any ranging from the cheapos you can find of the street to Zags and I don't like them. Bought a few cheapos for the iPhone 4, Bought some directly from the apple store, and bought a Zag HD for my Samsung galaxy s2 (Or S3 I forgot)

If you can not see a difference then thats Great since that is the only opinion that matters to you
    09-27-2014 10:09 AM

Notes do not need screen protectors, if you actually have a good case... The screen will be fine if dropped....
    09-27-2014 10:13 AM
    That's why you get a glass screen protector not a plastic one. The glass ones are way better
    monsieurms likes this.
    09-27-2014 10:16 AM
    That's why you get a glass screen protector not a plastic one. The glass ones are way better
    They still don't feel naked.... The one I had at least was stiff feeling to it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    09-27-2014 10:19 AM
    Notes do not need screen protectors, if you actually have a good case... The screen will be fine if dropped....
    Well, at the risk of beating this to death... (a) a lot of people DON'T have good cases because they use those flimsy flip cases or go naked. Ahem. Those are probably the same type of folks who don't use screen protectors and (b) drop issues are hardly the only issue re: screen protectors, and probably not even the major one. Screens can scratch any number of ways---keys, etc.
    09-27-2014 10:19 AM
    Well, at the risk of beating this to death... (a) a lot of people DON'T have good cases because they use those flimsy flip cases or go naked. Ahem. Those are probably the same type of folks who don't use screen protectors and (b) drop issues are hardly the only issue re: screen protectors, and probably not even the major one. Screens can scratch any number of ways---keys, etc.
    I run naked and without screen protection. I've yet to scratch my screen, even with keys in my pocket.

09-27-2014 10:37 AM
    Hope your good luck continues, and it might. And might not. I do like to weight luck in my favor. Each to his own.
    09-27-2014 10:53 AM
    They still don't feel naked.... The one I had at least was stiff feeling to it

I rather have a glass screen protector than a plastic one if I drop it the glass screen protector will be the one to crack the the phones glass
    09-27-2014 11:00 AM
    Hope your good luck continues, and it might. And might not. I do like to weight luck in my favor. Each to his own.
    You're correct, to each their own. Have fun paying for overpriced cases and screen protectors.

09-27-2014 11:10 AM
    I rather have a glass screen protector than a plastic one if I drop it the glass screen protector will be the one to crack the the phones glass
    I don't drop my phone.... Did so once and it was on its back
    09-27-2014 11:23 AM
    I presume this will be out in a Note 4, too. Looks pretty good.

09-27-2014 11:58 AM
    Ok, question, I definitely want to get the note 4 on available date of 10/17, i just checked t-mobile's site and went through the process til the end and it said nothing about being back-ordered, so my question is should i pre-order from the site or possibly the store to ensure a in hand best option for 10/17?????
    09-28-2014 07:02 PM
    I don't know how accurate this is, but for what it's worth, I just got a response from Tmobile saying that the best chance of receiving the phone on release day is by going into the store on that day.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    09-28-2014 07:27 PM
    I don't drop my phone.... Did so once and it was on its back
    Lol.. Nobody plans on dropping their phone (aside from drop tests). It happens as an accident, and is unexpected by everyone that it happens to.
    monsieurms likes this.
    09-28-2014 07:31 PM
    You're correct, to each their own. Have fun paying for overpriced cases and screen protectors.

Overpriced is a $200 deductible to receive a refurbished phone to replace a phone with a broken screen. You can replace the screen yourself, but then your warranty is void. You can buy a tempered glass screen protector for ~$20. If you get unexpected scratches on your screen, the resale value will decrease much more than that.
    monsieurms likes this.
    09-28-2014 07:35 PM
    I don't know how accurate this is, but for what it's worth, I just got a response from Tmobile saying that the best chance of receiving the phone on release day is by going into the store on that day.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Ugh, I wanted to try and take advantage of the $200.00 samsung promotion by pre-ordering but if I won't get it on the 17th............
    09-28-2014 07:35 PM
    Ok, question, I definitely want to get the note 4 on available date of 10/17, i just checked t-mobile's site and went through the process til the end and it said nothing about being back-ordered, so my question is should i pre-order from the site or possibly the store to ensure a in hand best option for 10/17?????
    Hey Don

If I was you and the site says they or on back order I would go to the store. But make sure you go early to make sure you get what you want. I have been ready a lot of blogs say that t mobile will be shipping out there per orders out on the 17th and it will take 4 to 6 days to get it but when I talked to a t mobile rep he said that we will get it on the 17th we'll see about that
    09-28-2014 08:17 PM
    Hey Don

If I was you and the site says they or on back order I would go to the store. But make sure you go early to make sure you get what you want. I have been ready a lot of blogs say that t mobile will be shipping out there per orders out on the 17th and it will take 4 to 6 days to get it but when I talked to a t mobile rep he said that we will get it on the 17th we'll see about that
    Yeah, I just spoke to a rep to try and clarify some issues, web page just shows "your device will ship, once it is received." Rep says that means exactly what it says, they don't have the phones yet but if you order and choose overnight or express shipping you will get your device on the 17th.
    09-28-2014 08:47 PM
    Overpriced is a $200 deductible to receive a refurbished phone to replace a phone with a broken screen. You can replace the screen yourself, but then your warranty is void. You can buy a tempered glass screen protector for ~$20. If you get unexpected scratches on your screen, the resale value will decrease much more than that.
    Or don't drop your phone? I never had to pay $200 on my insurance to repair any of my phones which were all naked

09-29-2014 09:22 AM
    Couldn't decide on black or white, so I was holding back on pre ordering. Finally decided to go with the White, now Im thinking of not pre ordering and just walking into a TMobile store so that I don't have to wait for shipping.
    09-29-2014 10:29 AM
    I ordered mine yesterday but won't get it until the 23rd 😥
    09-29-2014 12:45 PM

I am with Monsieforums. There is nothing overpriced about the screen protectors that I buy. I have sold phones with screen protectors on and the buyer had no clue until I told and proved it to them- they were crystal clear. Again, I used to buy and sell phones and very rarely have I ever seen a phone that was kept naked without a bunch of scratches, small or large. A protector is a worthwhile investment, especially if you plan on reselling your phone for an optimal price. Not to mention that the glass ones save you a $200 screen repair if dropped. If you are saying that you have managed to keep your phone scratch-free even with keys, you should go buy a lottery ticket right now. I have seen many screens scratch with far less. The iphone 6 plus screen that I looked at in BestBuy was full of huge scratches. To each his own simply means we all have the freedom to carry our phones however we prefer and are comfortable with, whether for better or worse. No need for the hostile attitude, which at best offers a pretty limited perspective.
    09-29-2014 01:06 PM
    I am with Monsieforums. There is nothing overpriced about the screen protectors that I buy. I have sold phones with screen protectors on and the buyer had no clue until I told and proved it to them- they were crystal clear. Again, I used to buy and sell phones and very rarely have I ever seen a phone that was kept naked without a bunch of scratches, small or large. A protector is a worthwhile investment, especially if you plan on reselling your phone for an optimal price. Not to mention that the glass ones save you a $200 screen repair if dropped. If you are saying that you have managed to keep your phone scratch-free even with keys, you should go buy a lottery ticket right now. I have seen many screens scratch with far less. The iphone 6 plus screen that I looked at in BestBuy was full of huge scratches. To each his own simply means we all have the freedom to carry our phones however we prefer and are comfortable with, whether for better or worse. No need for the hostile attitude, which at best offers a pretty limited perspective.
    You say with keys... So you put your in with your keys? I have a dedicated phone pocket... Phone goes in.. Nothing follows.

Sorry some may like them.. I don't. If you put them in with your keys then you're asking for trouble in my opinion.
    linzgeneral likes this.
    09-29-2014 01:40 PM
248 ... 34567 ...