Just Pre--ordered Note 4 on T-mobile's Website!

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
If you put them on right, you hardly even notice they are there when the device is on.

But why even put them on?? I always run my phones naked and without screen protectors. I'm hard on my phones and I have never scratched my screen even with my keys in the pocket.

Posted via Android Central App

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
But why even put them on?? I always run my phones naked and without screen protectors. I'm hard on my phones and I have never scratched my screen even with my keys in the pocket.

SO you've been lucky so far. OTOH, I've never had one scratched (or cracked) either and I'm not at all bothered by a screen protector. So, what have I got to lose other than a few dollars? They may also provide just a bit of help if you're not using a case, too. Buy a good one, put it on right, it does not affect the phone in any material fashion that I see. The contrast and brightness blows right through it when the screen is on. (That was not the case in Palm Treo days!) Maybe I'd feel differently if I sat there doing A-B comparisons of varying protectors and naked screens. But if I have to do that to be concerned about it, it's already doing just fine.

As we evolve to keeping pricey phones longer, it is ever more likely something goes wrong. Murphy's law.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
SO you've been lucky so far. OTOH, I've never had one scratched (or cracked) either and I'm not at all bothered by a screen protector. So, what have I got to lose other than a few dollars? They may also provide just a bit of help if you're not using a case, too. Buy a good one, put it on right, it does not affect the phone in any material fashion that I see. The contrast and brightness blows right through it when the screen is on. (That was not the case in Palm Treo days!) Maybe I'd feel differently if I sat there doing A-B comparisons of varying protectors and naked screens. But if I have to do that to be concerned about it, it's already doing just fine.

As we evolve to keeping pricey phones longer, it is ever more likely something goes wrong. Murphy's law.

Those plastic Screen protectors affects screen quality. Your buying a QHD screen phone yet you want to put something on top of that? When you buy your Note 4 and put the screen protector on compare it to a store model and you can see the difference ( I can). The only ones that I would buy if I was scratching my phones a lot is a Glass Screen protector since they don't affect Screen quality enough that I notice if they do at all. I liked those but the feel of it as stiff while being naked felt smooth so i kept it naked (my Note 3)

I have tried any ranging from the cheapos you can find of the street to Zags and I don't like them. Bought a few cheapos for the iPhone 4, Bought some directly from the apple store, and bought a Zag HD for my Samsung galaxy s2 (Or S3 I forgot)

If you can not see a difference then thats Great since that is the only opinion that matters to you :)

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Notes do not need screen protectors, if you actually have a good case... The screen will be fine if dropped....

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Notes do not need screen protectors, if you actually have a good case... The screen will be fine if dropped....

Well, at the risk of beating this to death... (a) a lot of people DON'T have good cases because they use those flimsy flip cases or go naked. Ahem. Those are probably the same type of folks who don't use screen protectors :) and (b) drop issues are hardly the only issue re: screen protectors, and probably not even the major one. Screens can scratch any number of ways---keys, etc.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, at the risk of beating this to death... (a) a lot of people DON'T have good cases because they use those flimsy flip cases or go naked. Ahem. Those are probably the same type of folks who don't use screen protectors :) and (b) drop issues are hardly the only issue re: screen protectors, and probably not even the major one. Screens can scratch any number of ways---keys, etc.

I run naked and without screen protection. I've yet to scratch my screen, even with keys in my pocket.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, question, I definitely want to get the note 4 on available date of 10/17, i just checked t-mobile's site and went through the process til the end and it said nothing about being back-ordered, so my question is should i pre-order from the site or possibly the store to ensure a in hand best option for 10/17?????

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how accurate this is, but for what it's worth, I just got a response from Tmobile saying that the best chance of receiving the phone on release day is by going into the store on that day.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
You're correct, to each their own. Have fun paying for overpriced cases and screen protectors.

Overpriced is a $200 deductible to receive a refurbished phone to replace a phone with a broken screen. You can replace the screen yourself, but then your warranty is void. You can buy a tempered glass screen protector for ~$20. If you get unexpected scratches on your screen, the resale value will decrease much more than that.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how accurate this is, but for what it's worth, I just got a response from Tmobile saying that the best chance of receiving the phone on release day is by going into the store on that day.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Ugh, I wanted to try and take advantage of the $200.00 samsung promotion by pre-ordering but if I won't get it on the 17th............

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok, question, I definitely want to get the note 4 on available date of 10/17, i just checked t-mobile's site and went through the process til the end and it said nothing about being back-ordered, so my question is should i pre-order from the site or possibly the store to ensure a in hand best option for 10/17?????

Hey Don

If I was you and the site says they or on back order I would go to the store. But make sure you go early to make sure you get what you want. I have been ready a lot of blogs say that t mobile will be shipping out there per orders out on the 17th and it will take 4 to 6 days to get it but when I talked to a t mobile rep he said that we will get it on the 17th we'll see about that

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Don

If I was you and the site says they or on back order I would go to the store. But make sure you go early to make sure you get what you want. I have been ready a lot of blogs say that t mobile will be shipping out there per orders out on the 17th and it will take 4 to 6 days to get it but when I talked to a t mobile rep he said that we will get it on the 17th we'll see about that

Yeah, I just spoke to a rep to try and clarify some issues, web page just shows "your device will ship, once it is received." Rep says that means exactly what it says, they don't have the phones yet but if you order and choose overnight or express shipping you will get your device on the 17th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12