09-29-2014 12:37 PM
98 1234
tools
    They will probably start shipping out the pre-orders once the orders coming in start to slow down. They want to get the first wave of consumers out of the way. It builds hype, it offers them free advertising when a bunch of people are walking around with the phone on release day, and it helps the stores keep shelves stocked.
    09-26-2014 05:23 PM
    Edge was also available but not the Gear S headed to AT&T to see if they have it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 In Stores Friday 9/26-19599.jpg  
    09-26-2014 05:24 PM
    Just played with note 4 (BB) One word..WOW...to me hands down the very best phone Sammy has ever released. Can not believe how that band of metal around phone makes it feel so much more premium. Makes my note 3 feel cheap. You will have to see for yourself.
    The Display ...oh my gosh. I have already pre-ordered. I believe anyone that wants the 4 will not be disappointed. . Just my thoughts yours may very.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-26-2014 05:29 PM
    Edge was also available but not the Gear S headed to AT&T to see if they have it.

Looks very nice in black

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    09-26-2014 05:33 PM
    About to order mine from Samsung e-store here in UK. First time off contract.

09-26-2014 05:52 PM
    Looks very nice in black

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    I must admit the Edge screen looked slightly better than the Note. But that may have just been cuz I prefer black phones. Was very awkward in hand. I will see where it goes.

09-26-2014 06:01 PM
    I believe that the Edge will be a giant turd with few buyers.
    itsnotmeitsyou and Andy847 like this.
    09-26-2014 06:09 PM
    Look at this sexy beast!! I hate that paint crap on the sides. Otherwise very beautiful! AMAZING display! Preordered black in store.

Is the paint stuff on the black one as well?
    09-26-2014 06:13 PM
    I must admit the Edge screen looked slightly better than the Note. But that may have just been cuz I prefer black phones. Was very awkward in hand. I will see where it goes.

I was on the fence between the white and black, I've always had black phones and they get very hot in direct sunlight, I decided to change it up and picked the white version, not sure if it will be less of a heat magnet but I like to spice things up every once in a while, I guess all that, once you go black you'll never go back isn't true :-P lol...
    09-26-2014 06:16 PM
    Is the paint stuff on the black one as well?
    They didn't have a black one sadly. I put my phones in a car so it doesn't matter to me.

fredwardnelson likes this.
    09-26-2014 06:17 PM
    I just came from BB. I was on the fence about edging up again with Verizon. Not on the fence any more! Can't wait until I can get my phone. Have to wait for a couple months! Ugh!

One thing I noticed in particular...improvements to the S Pen and the handwriting r recognition! I'm sloppy handwriting so on my N3, it has a really hard time with my writing. N4...got it right the first time!!

09-26-2014 06:22 PM
    anybody got impressions on the Gear S? I believe it is only on displace in a limited number of stores and I don't think any of them are in my neck of the woods and I am pretty curious. Thanks.
    09-26-2014 06:23 PM
    Checked it out at best buy too, and the metal build does give it a premium feel compared to my Note 3. I will definitely be picking one.
    09-26-2014 07:29 PM
    anybody got impressions on the Gear S? I believe it is only on displace in a limited number of stores and I don't think any of them are in my neck of the woods and I am pretty curious. Thanks.
    You can go to Android Wear Forum, then Gear S.
    09-26-2014 07:58 PM
    I believe that the Edge will be a giant turd with few buyers.
    Would it be a giant turd had Apple released it?

09-26-2014 09:02 PM
    Checked out the Note 4 today, loved it so much I canceled my 6 Plus order and preordered the N4. I'll have the N4 before I'd have the 6 Plus anyways. BB gave me a $50 gift card for preordering!! I'm in Tulsa if that matters.

Anyone catch the name of those headphones they had on display next to the N4? I wanna check them out online.
    09-26-2014 10:22 PM
    Checked out the Note 4 today, loved it so much I canceled my 6 Plus order and preordered the N4. I'll have the N4 before I'd have the 6 Plus anyways. BB gave me a $50 gift card for preordering!! I'm in Tulsa if that matters.

Anyone catch the name of those headphones they had on display next to the N4? I wanna check them out online.
    Didn't you pay $50 to reserve the phone? They didn't give you a gift card you paid for it unless someone forgot to take your money in which case I'm sure they'll be fired before your phone arrives...

stackberry369 likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:32 PM
    Would it be a giant turd had Apple released it?

Hell. It could be a literal giant turd, but if Apple released it, people would be clamoring for it and willing to pay whatever. That's the best thing Apple has going for them...their marketing dept and their fan-boy following.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:42 PM
    Didn't you pay $50 to reserve the phone? They didn't give you a gift card you paid for it unless someone forgot to take your money in which case I'm sure they'll be fired before your phone arrives...

I did pay $50 deposit on preorder but that goes towards the purchase price of the phone when it gets here. Or so the salesman says. From what I understand, I'll now pay $249 on the 17th when I pick up my N4 and I'll have the gift card to buy whatever.
    09-26-2014 10:44 PM
    I did pay $50 deposit on preorder but that goes towards the purchase price of the phone when it gets here. Or so the salesman says. From what I understand, I'll now pay $249 on the 17th when I pick up my N4 and I'll have the gift card to buy whatever.
    He lied to you. I'm really concerned about the amount of variety in best buy. I could call 5 times and get 7 answers. That gift card will can go towards whatever you want but the phone will still be $299. I still don't know if the promo works for off contract purchases.

razortaz18 likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:57 PM
    reesh11 is right. The phone is still $299. You can put that GC towards the phone if you so choose.
    09-27-2014 02:31 AM
    reesh11 is right. The phone is still $299. You can put that GC towards the phone if you so choose.
    I can't say I'm surprised. I'll raise some hell about it and see what happens.
    09-27-2014 12:01 PM
    Something the man from Best Buy showed me was the "ultra power savings mode". When it's active, it cuts way down on power hungry things like the depth of the screen color pallette and I don't know what else. You can still email and text and take phone calls. According to that setting, you could go up to 15 days on a full charge. considering what the screen looked like, I'd say it was possible.
    09-27-2014 12:14 PM
    Took a look at the bestbuy, it does indeed look great, sharp display, elegant case.

Still, I will save my $500 for a year at least.

@T-Mobile GN3
    09-27-2014 03:42 PM
    Surprising. I just came from one of the local Verizon stores, to confirm if I'd have to come out of pocket at all when I "edge up" next month to get my N4. One of the guys there said they weren't accepting preorders any more!! Not sure why. I guess so they can actually get some in store to see, maybe. At any rate, that shows this thing will be big!
    09-27-2014 03:50 PM
98 1234