What phone are you ditching to get the Note 4? Why?

1LoudLS

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to be "ditching" the Note deuce, well actually putting it into back up status and will be trading in a old DInc for the $200 credit!

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
2013 moto X since it's my oldest phone. Keeping M8 as secondary. May swap the Moto in from time to time when I need a smaller phone.

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
S5.. love the phone but I had the note 2 and 3 and miss it horribly ... the S5 is great... but the Note is waaayyy better... cant wait.. counting the sleeps... 18 October for South Africa .. although some Vodacom shops and the one Samsung shop think they might have it sooner... can only cross fingers and hope.... bring it already !?!?!?!

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm ditching my iPhone 5, I got it on Oct 2012 and it was my 1st (and now last) iphone. I had always been an android fanatic, starting with the HTC Dream AKA Tmobile G1 and from that point on I always had android, android, android. These last 2 years have been a tough lesson, I shall never cheat on android again lol. The only thing that sucks is that I have to wait until the 23rd for the Note to be available through Verizon... I'm DYING to get rid of this iCaca :p

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Droid Maxx - have been waiting for someone else to compete in the battery department. Finally... looking forward to better camera, screen, etc.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Droid Maxx - have been waiting for someone else to compete in the battery department. Finally... looking forward to better camera, screen, etc.

I don't know if I'd say it competes with the Droid Maxx. The Note 3 & 4 are going to be similar so I'd say around 5 hours of display time. Is that good enough for your needs? :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if I'd say it competes with the Droid Maxx. The Note 3 & 4 are going to be similar so I'd say around 5 hours of display time. Is that good enough for your needs? :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

I have two spare batteries, and my Note 3 has performed many a 15 to 20 hour non-stop movie playing sessions, with only a 30 second break to swap out the batteries! Everysince I had my Note 3, I have taken full advantage of the removable battery. I keep two fully charge batteries with me at all times. On those storm and snow in outings, the Note 3 is playing full time, swap out the battery with a fresh one, and throw the spent one on a battery charger. With this system, I could go on forever, or until the Note 3 breaks, all with just 30 second battery changes!!

I will be getting two spare batteries and a charger as soon as they come out. I considered SPARE BATTERIES a MUST HAVE!!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope all of those who are ditching a Note 3, will put them in Market Place. I REALLY want one!

There will be a lot of good deals on Note 3s I am sure. You should be able to get one in new condition too. Also, even though I am getting a Note 4, the Note 3 is awesome in its own right and IMO again, the Note 4 is only about 8 or 9% better than the Note 3!!

Maladroit23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting with Note 4 from an iPhone 4S. Why? Um. Isn't it obvious?

The 4S would never get my jokes. And it only wanted to watch the movies that it thought were good. It didn't like bringing me around its friends, 5S and iPad Mini. It only wanted me to hang out with it. It was so paranoid that I was going to upgrade. Ugh.

Call me nit-picky but it's the little things that matter, because it all adds up.

onmyown

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Im not officially up for an upgrade so Im trying to swindle a little. I figure a solid Note 3 is the way to go. Especially since the Note 4 will free up a few Note 3s here and there!

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't say I'm ditching my S3 I just want a newer phone. Some of the features on the note 4 will come in handy at my job also. The S3 is running smooth and strong, although the battery isn't holding a charge as well as it used to.

Mprego

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 5 - Simply bored with it, I've had iPhones since 2008 just wanting some strange I guess. Lol

My only concern is my work email and if the Note 4 can handle as well as my iPhone.

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm ditching my wife's S3 and using it towards a trade (the phone part won't work). I'm keeping my S3 as a backup. I haven't had any problems with my S3 and it's probably the best phone I've had so far. Before that I had a Samsung Fascinate (aka Galaxy S1) and before that, a Blackberry Storm, before that a Sanyo flip phone........boy how technology has evolved over the years.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
For me I'm going to put the Note 4 in my homemade smartphone death match arena. The Note 4 will have to battle my iP6 & Sony Xperia Z2 to the death to see who reins supreme as my daily driver.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
BlackBerry Z30, I'm switching to the Note 4 because the BlackBerry Passport is note available on the Verizon network. I'm excited to try android, I've been a BlackBerry user for the past 6 years!

Posted via the Android Central App