Ive been with sprint for over 10 years. Im on a Sero Premium plan which is why its been so hard to give up Sprint. Im about fed up with their network though, and Im considering T-Mobile.

My question is, Im planning on purchasing the phone full price from Sprint, that way if I decide to switch I wont be under a contract. So if I take a Sprint phone to T-Mobile will I still get updates? Right now Sprint pushes Android updates to my phone. But if Im no longer with Sprint, but still have a Sprint phone, would T-Mobile send it updates? Like when Android L comes out after launch?
    09-26-2014 06:38 PM
    Fed up with Sprint as well, jumping ship to AT&T, they have awesome service in my area... No point in having a premium phone with crap service.
    09-26-2014 06:42 PM
    Ive been with sprint for over 10 years. Im on a Sero Premium plan which is why its been so hard to give up Sprint. Im about fed up with their network though, and Im considering T-Mobile.

My question is, Im planning on purchasing the phone full price from Sprint, that way if I decide to switch I wont be under a contract. So if I take a Sprint phone to T-Mobile will I still get updates? Right now Sprint pushes Android updates to my phone. But if Im no longer with Sprint, but still have a Sprint phone, would T-Mobile send it updates? Like when Android L comes out after launch?
    I'm not sure a Sprint phone will work on T-Mobile since Sprint is CDMA and AT&T is GSM.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-26-2014 06:46 PM
    You should do a little reading for yourself and make an educated desision...But for a short answer it may be best for you to decide now which carrier you want to dedicate the next couple of years to before you choose who your going to buy a phone with. If you buy with sprint and change later your phone will need to be unlocked and won't be able to receive LTE.

Here's a couple good informative articles about the various frequency bands.
    Frequencies by Provider
    US Cellular Frequencies by Carrier: Which Bands Do AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile Phones and Networks Use?
    09-26-2014 09:07 PM