After seeing the Note 4 at my local BB I'm kind of bummed about the metal trim. They had the white one on demo and a picture of the black one. Both seem to have only a bit of the metal band showing while most of it is painted in the corresponding color. I have a feeling this may not wear well. What do you guys think?

I pre-ordered the black one but I'm not sure I'll follow thru with the purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-27-2014 04:21 PM
    I think if you're considering not getting this phone because of a painted metal band, you should not get it.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-27-2014 04:35 PM
    I think if you're considering not getting this phone because of a painted metal band, you should not get it.

Couldn't have said it better!

09-27-2014 05:00 PM
    I was at Worst Buy and i tried scratching the painted white off with my keys and it didnt scratch at all. Didnt do it really hard tho.
    fredwardnelson likes this.
    09-27-2014 05:11 PM
    I was at Worst Buy and i tried scratching the painted white off with my keys and it didnt scratch at all. Didnt do it really hard tho.
    Worst Buy? Is that a new Store?
    TechNut79 likes this.
    09-27-2014 06:49 PM
    anything will scratch off if you put enough pressure on it.
    If your careful, it should be fine. Otherwise put on a case and don't worry about it.
    TechNut79 likes this.
    09-27-2014 08:30 PM
    anything will scratch off if you put enough pressure on it.
    If your careful, it should be fine. Otherwise put on a case and don't worry about it.

This right here.
    Worst Buy? Is that a new Store?
    Of course you know his point but Best Buy has been going down hill very quickly. I shop there once in a while but only if I need it now and can't wait 2 days for Amazon.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    09-27-2014 09:44 PM
    This right here.

Of course you know his point but Best Buy has been going down hill very quickly. I shop there once in a while but only if I need it now and can't wait 2 days for Amazon.

Even with prime I prefer bestbuy.... Price match and same day

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    09-27-2014 09:45 PM
    Even with prime I prefer bestbuy.... Price match and same day

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Price match is great. There are many things I still use Amazon for though. For one, finding a sales rep to price match and grab a video game or whatever is more tedious than it should be. Reason being is they now lock up all the new games.

09-27-2014 10:10 PM
    I prefer to buy products at Best Buy. If we all buy on the Internet there will be no more brick and mortar stores to physically handle products before purchasing them.
    09-28-2014 12:16 PM
    Of course you know his point but Best Buy has been going down hill very quickly.
    Going downhill?

From my limited point of view, they are much better than they used to be. In the past, sales people would push and beat on you to try to get you to buy things like extended warranties. At one point, I had a salesman physically prevent me from going to the checkout line unless I would buy an extended warranty on a laptop. Needless to say, I bought the laptop elsewhere and did not go into a BB for many years after.
    Now, I no longer have such issues. Sure the sale people mention extended warranties, but don't physically force you. I believe that there was a policy change. As in before, the salesman only made a commission on warranties sales. So his paycheck did not drop if I did not buy the unit, but did drop if I did not buy the warranty. I believe that is no longer true.
    09-28-2014 12:38 PM
    After seeing the Note 4 at my local BB I'm kind of bummed about the metal trim. They had the white one on demo and a picture of the black one. Both seem to have only a bit of the metal band showing while most of it is painted in the corresponding color. I have a feeling this may not wear well. What do you guys think?

I pre-ordered the black one but I'm not sure I'll follow thru with the purchase.

Please don't buy this phone. If you do and the "paint" fails as you fully expect the rest of us will have to hear you complain about scratches that you just "knew" were going to happen and how it is someone else's fault you purchased the phone.
    09-28-2014 12:54 PM
    Going downhill?

From my limited point of view, they are much better than they used to be. In the past, sales people would push and beat on you to try to get you to buy things like extended warranties. At one point, I had a salesman physically prevent me from going to the checkout line unless I would buy an extended warranty on a laptop. Needless to say, I bought the laptop elsewhere and did not go into a BB for many years after.
    Now, I no longer have such issues. Sure the sale people mention extended warranties, but don't physically force you. I believe that there was a policy change. As in before, the salesman only made a commission on warranties sales. So his paycheck did not drop if I did not buy the unit, but did drop if I did not buy the warranty. I believe that is no longer true.
    Depends what store you go to. The one by me still follows the old protocols. Maybe the sales reps didn't get the memo.

09-28-2014 02:52 PM
    LOL'ING at the response from some of you about my concern for the painted band. So it's not a big deal for you......that's great. I thought it might be for some.

I put a case on my phone some of the times but not all the time so I'm just concerned it will show wear too quickly. No need to get defensive about it.

Eclipse2K likes this.
    09-28-2014 03:49 PM
    LOL'ING at the response from some of you about my concern for the painted band. So it's not a big deal for you......that's great. I thought it might be for some.

I put a case on my phone some of the times but not all the time so I'm just concerned it will show wear too quickly. No need to get defensive about it.

I don't use a case with my Note 3 either and will not with the Note 4. I prefer the tactile feel of the Samsung back cover too much better than the surfaces of hard cases to use one and I like to see the phone I wanted enough to pay $700 for.
    09-28-2014 05:53 PM
    Unfortunately I have only bad news to give you.

So I got my Note 4 White - lovely phone love it. However the metal band thing while looks nice scratches and scuffs easily. I am waiting for my UAG cover which will negate the issue, but in the meantime because the phone slips easily from your hand I have already dropped it once (from sitting height). Unfortunately since the ground hit the phone in two places, both these places have scuffs and the paint on the metal band (silver and white) has started to come off. Very ugly! Need to get a case for this beast....

A side topic I was wondering whether it is possible to replace the band easily (Im guessing the entire housing will have to be replaced which will require $200+ and need to be done professionally since it isn't for the weak hearted apparently). This was the case with the Note 3, don't know what the situation is with the Note 4. You might want to replace the band if it really does get dented badly or later on if you wanted to sell the phone for more than brick value.
    10-14-2014 05:10 AM
    Please post pictures of your dropped scratched phone.
    10-14-2014 06:49 AM
    Manufactures need to implement a replaceable bumper/band/edge.
    10-14-2014 07:52 AM
    Maybe you will be able to take the paint off the whole bane and be the first with an all silver band.
    10-14-2014 09:25 AM
    I don't use a case with my Note 3 either and will not with the Note 4. I prefer the tactile feel of the Samsung back cover too much better than the surfaces of hard cases to use one and I like to see the phone I wanted enough to pay $700 for.
    I hear ya. I just don't want to see said $700 phone falling in slow motion face down to the asphalt. I never drop my phone but my wife certainly will.
    10-14-2014 09:55 AM
    I have no problem with best buy every since they started price matching so there's no point in waiting for some thing when I can get it right now besides me shopping there keeps people employed

10-14-2014 10:12 AM

, maybe you'll be more happy if you get the iPhone 6 cause when you drop it are rub it real hard the body are paint will never damage you know those iPhones are magical wonders

10-14-2014 10:18 AM
    Yes that's the new store name. Should've f'n preordered from att rather than wait till the damn 17. All stars have to align before the CEO decides whether to make money quick or just wait for no damn reason.
    10-14-2014 10:36 AM
    I have no problem with best buy every since they started price matching so there's no point in waiting for some thing when I can get it right now besides me shopping there keeps people employed

I do like their policies now but my Amazon credit card gives me 3x the rewards so I go that route. I have gone to Best Buy on days I want/need it immediately though.

10-14-2014 04:19 PM