10-08-2014 08:55 PM
140 1234 ...
tools
    Great to hear about the sound quality. Seperate question: why do they announce the phone only to start selling it a month later?

Posted via Android Central App
    Don't ask my why, but the majority of companies announce it early and not just Samsung

09-28-2014 05:35 PM
    My nephew had been dreaming about the iphone 6 plus. I took him to best buy and played with the note 4 for about 15 minutes and he felt in love. Then we walked to an att store so he could play with the iphone 6 plus again for another 15 minutes.

He ended up cancelled his iPhone order right after he got home.

Samsung should have release the phone sooner than apple.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...3862cf73a7.jpg
    Thanks for that sexy pic.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    09-28-2014 05:37 PM
    My nephew had been dreaming about the iphone 6 plus. I took him to best buy and played with the note 4 for about 15 minutes and he felt in love. Then we walked to an att store so he could play with the iphone 6 plus again for another 15 minutes.

He ended up cancelled his iPhone order right after he got home.

Samsung should have release the phone sooner than apple.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...3862cf73a7.jpg
    Man! That's a sexy piece of kit! I pre-ordered black though.

N3 via AC App
    TechNut79 likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:39 PM
    speaker was loudPosted via Android Central App
    Thank you for mentioning this. A loud speaker is important to me.
    09-28-2014 05:39 PM
    Samsung was complaining about losing market to other cell phone makers previous to the Note 4 announcement. So I am left baffled at why they allow Apple to once again beat them to the register. How do they not realize that they definitely lost sales due to being so far away from the iPhone release? Most companies would send someone kicking rocks for such a foul.
    robcassman likes this.
    09-28-2014 05:49 PM
    I wish i could play with it.. Awesome phone...

Sent from my phone with tapatalk
    09-28-2014 05:51 PM
    Can't wait till I get mine on the 10th.
    Tarek53180 likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:09 PM
    Thank you for mentioning this. A loud speaker is important to me.
    Yes speaker loud enough for me to hear the content inside best buy which is already noisy

robcassman likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:19 PM
    Can't wait till I get mine on the 10th.
    10th or 17th?
    Tarek53180 likes this.
    09-28-2014 06:28 PM
    10th or 17th?
    10th here in the UK
    09-28-2014 06:29 PM
    I have not had a samsung device since the galaxy s2 but after playing with this at my local best buy, this thing obliterates all.........Screen, premium feel, S-pen, camera and OS is absolutely great.......
    09-28-2014 06:35 PM
    Can't wait to see who gets the first bend test out first. Note 3 doesn't have any metal so bend test were fine. Note 4 does will be interesting to see the results.
    09-28-2014 10:07 PM
    So, went to the Best Buy with my hyper toddler. As a result, didn't get to take the phone through its paces, but I really like it and can't wait to preorder. Just to add to the mix of what others have heard or seen:

- they had a two white note 4s and one black edge. I was more impressed with the edge than I thought I'd be. It's still rather gimmicky but I could see the benefits of the side menu. Like it had headlines I could easily access and likely would have Google Now items running on the edge,which made for very quick access.

-someone asked about the feel of the faux leather white back to the black. If the black Edge back is the same as the black Note 4's back, then yes, the black back will continue to have a more soft rubbery tactile feel than the white, which felt more like textured hard plastic. I definitely prefer the feel of the Edge's black back to the white. I do prefer the white Note overall though, as there some subtle striation pattern on the phones that are not very clear in photos but beautiful in person. They are much clearer on the white, as you have to know they're there to see them on the black Edge.

-the speaker did distort a bit at the highest ticks, and it is a bit "trebly" but definitely not a deal breaker. It is a loud speaker, (heard the music clearly in the din of BB).

-the s-pen is amazballs. Enough said.

-finally the Samsung experience gal did confirm the Samsung rebate with the gift card and all that. She hadn't known what the carrier retail prices were until I told her though. The one interesting tidbit she me was that there was some talk about the possibility of an early release date. I asked her how early, as I was concerned about the rebate ending before I could participate, and she thought if I got the rebate in by the 10th that would be good, because the early release would be more like the 11th or 12th.
    09-28-2014 10:16 PM
    Any dislike?
    Yeah, we can't get it right now.
    monsieurms, shaleem and Tarek53180 like this.
    09-28-2014 10:39 PM
    So, went to the Best Buy with my hyper toddler. As a result, didn't get to take the phone through its paces, but I really like it and can't wait to preorder. Just to add to the mix of what others have heard or seen:

- they had a two white note 4s and one black edge. I was more impressed with the edge than I thought I'd be. It's still rather gimmicky but I could see the benefits of the side menu. Like it had headlines I could easily access and likely would have Google Now items running on the edge,which made for very quick access.

-someone asked about the feel of the faux leather white back to the black. If the black Edge back is the same as the black Note 4's back, then yes, the black back will continue to have a more soft rubbery tactile feel than the white, which felt more like textured hard plastic. I definitely prefer the feel of the Edge's black back to the white. I do prefer the white Note overall though, as there some subtle striation pattern on the phones that are not very clear in photos but beautiful in person. They are much clearer on the white, as you have to know they're there to see them on the black Edge.

-the speaker did distort a bit at the highest ticks, and it is a bit "trebly" but definitely not a deal breaker. It is a loud speaker, (heard the music clearly in the din of BB).

-the s-pen is amazballs. Enough said.

-finally the Samsung experience gal did confirm the Samsung rebate with the gift card and all that. She hadn't known what the carrier retail prices were until I told her though. The one interesting tidbit she me was that there was some talk about the possibility of an early release date. I asked her how early, as I was concerned about the rebate ending before I could participate, and she thought if I got the rebate in by the 10th that would be good, because the early release would be more like the 11th or 12th.
    Thanks for the info! I'm getting extremely excited. I highly doubt your Intel about the early release date on the 11th or 12th. I've never seen a phone release on a Saturday or Sunday, but I could be wrong and I hope I'm wrong.

09-28-2014 10:45 PM
    I did play with the phone at Best Buy and I have decided it wasn't enough of a difference (the features that I like) from my Note 3 to upgrade . It is nice but my Note 3 is still spectacular in what it does. I'll pass and wait for next year. Happy upgrading guys.
    linzgeneral likes this.
    09-28-2014 11:04 PM
    Isn't the note 3 getting some of the note 4 features in an later update?

09-28-2014 11:09 PM
    Still very happy with my Note 3, but as soon as the Note 4 is roootable/Knox disabled I'll be getting one. I can't go without the full mirroring on my Pioneer AppRadio.
    09-28-2014 11:09 PM
    None that I could see and phone app was hidden or disabled...
    Hey. Does the phone app and system have that stupid nature sound? Ya know, when you press a number in the phone app and it goes bwip bwip....bwip...bwip....??
    09-29-2014 03:13 AM
    It's not an iPhone!
    --- That's the most important thing
    monsieurms likes this.
    09-29-2014 03:33 AM
    Seperate question: why do they announce the phone only to start selling it a month later?

About 6 weeks later to be exact. From a marketing standpoint it does not make sense at all, so the only logical conclusion is production difficulties and lack of coordination with carriers. Apple is much better at this., having said that though, I believe Samsung is bringing a great product to the table non the less.
    09-29-2014 06:02 AM
    About 6 weeks later to be exact. From a marketing standpoint it does not make sense at all, so the only logical conclusion is production difficulties and lack of coordination with carriers. Apple is much better at this., having said that though, I believe Samsung is bringing a great product to the table non the less.
    It could be that they are trying to introduce the product in the 4th quarter ?
    09-29-2014 07:07 AM
    It could be that they are trying to introduce the produce in the 4th quarter ?
    I don't have a degree in marketing so I could be wrong, but I think releasing closer to the iPhone 6 may have brought more attention to the Note 4, then again, maybe Samsung doesn't want head to head competition with the iPhone.
    Andrawer likes this.
    09-29-2014 07:15 AM
    I didn't know BB had Note 4 demo's! Guess I know what I'll be doing today.

I have the iPhone 6 (returning it to Best Buy within the 2 week period) and 6 Plus (bought online and reselling it to make a few extra $$)....but really just waiting for the Note 4 to come out which I'd like to keep for a least a year!!

Enjoy reading the posts on the Note 4, can't wait to get one.

side comment: (I actually liked IOS 8 stuff after being away for 4 years...very smooth quick, useful features (i.e. notifications, siri) on the iPhone 6. The Plus is a great display but very unwieldy, forcing the icons starting at the top and 6.2" tall of a device makes it difficult for me to use and I have had all the prior Notes and the LG G3 is my current daily device.
    Basically for myself...the ip6 screen is too small at 4.7" and the 6+ is physically too long considering a 5.5" screen. at 6.2". They screwed up with those massive bezels.)
    crawfojj likes this.
    09-29-2014 07:32 AM
    Just left best buy, best looking phone ever in my opinion...feels very premium in hand, 2k screen is beautiful the pre loaded videos is amazing, pics look sharper and whites look actually white compared to s5...speaker was loud, the white version looks good but back little hard

Exactly, the best looking phone by a long shot- looks and feel like something a successful executive would own - extremely premium. Of course these clown apple paid journalisst will swear that the bland and plain looking Iphone 6 and 6+ look better.This after the will gladly admit that the new Iphones pale in comparison to the design of the Iphone 5S. The irony is that the Note 4 and Alpha are near replicas of the 5S.
    09-29-2014 08:36 AM
140 1234 ...