Tested a Note 4 30 minutes ago @ Best Buy

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I did play with the phone at Best Buy and I have decided it wasn't enough of a difference (the features that I like) from my Note 3 to upgrade . It is nice but my Note 3 is still spectacular in what it does. I'll pass and wait for next year. Happy upgrading guys.

bradleyem

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Still very happy with my Note 3, but as soon as the Note 4 is roootable/Knox disabled I'll be getting one. I can't go without the full mirroring on my Pioneer AppRadio.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Seperate question: why do they announce the phone only to start selling it a month later?

Posted via Android Central App

About 6 weeks later to be exact. From a marketing standpoint it does not make sense at all, so the only logical conclusion is production difficulties and lack of coordination with carriers. Apple is much better at this., having said that though, I believe Samsung is bringing a great product to the table non the less.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
About 6 weeks later to be exact. From a marketing standpoint it does not make sense at all, so the only logical conclusion is production difficulties and lack of coordination with carriers. Apple is much better at this., having said that though, I believe Samsung is bringing a great product to the table non the less.

It could be that they are trying to introduce the product in the 4th quarter ?

Last edited:

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
It could be that they are trying to introduce the produce in the 4th quarter ?
I don't have a degree in marketing so I could be wrong, but I think releasing closer to the iPhone 6 may have brought more attention to the Note 4, then again, maybe Samsung doesn't want head to head competition with the iPhone.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know BB had Note 4 demo's! Guess I know what I'll be doing today.

I have the iPhone 6 (returning it to Best Buy within the 2 week period) and 6 Plus (bought online and reselling it to make a few extra $$)....but really just waiting for the Note 4 to come out which I'd like to keep for a least a year!:)!

Enjoy reading the posts on the Note 4, can't wait to get one.

side comment: (I actually liked IOS 8 stuff after being away for 4 years...very smooth quick, useful features (i.e. notifications, siri) on the iPhone 6. The Plus is a great display but very unwieldy, forcing the icons starting at the top and 6.2" tall of a device makes it difficult for me to use and I have had all the prior Notes and the LG G3 is my current daily device.
Basically for myself...the ip6 screen is too small at 4.7" and the 6+ is physically too long considering a 5.5" screen. at 6.2". They screwed up with those massive bezels.)

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Just left best buy, best looking phone ever in my opinion...feels very premium in hand, 2k screen is beautiful the pre loaded videos is amazing, pics look sharper and whites look actually white compared to s5...speaker was loud, the white version looks good but back little hard

Exactly, the best looking phone by a long shot- looks and feel like something a successful executive would own - extremely premium. Of course these clown apple paid journalisst will swear that the bland and plain looking Iphone 6 and 6+ look better.This after the will gladly admit that the new Iphones pale in comparison to the design of the Iphone 5S. The irony is that the Note 4 and Alpha are near replicas of the 5S.

rews

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Has Samsung finally learned to ditch those Gingerbread/ICS era elements to their core apps, or is it pretty much business as usual with Touchwiz being a mixed design bag of GB/ICS/JB? Are the quick settings panel toggles still that atrocious florescent snot-green color with the cartoonish android 2.3 look?

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I think more than likely, they weren't expecting Apple to release the 6 that soon after the announcement. Usually, they've waited about a month or so before release.

lovenokia

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I played with the note 4 and really liked but, the touchwiz is what kills the device for me. Being on ATT, I am hesistant to buy the phone until root is achieved, as this phone with AOSP would be perfect for me. I did notice some lag while using the phone like in the web browser while i was scrolling, but I am hopeful that this is just because of the demo software bogging things down.

Has this been true with earlier iterations of samsung devices?

Last edited:

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Great thread guys. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. Unfortunately, my local best buy doesn't have one on display. :( I pre-ordered on AT&T and since this is my first Samsung device since owning the Moment on Sprint which seems like ages ago, I really hope they don't disappoint. It was a hard toss up between this and the new Moto X, but I think I made the right decision. I'm subscribing to this thread, and hope to see more peoples input about the Best Buy display!

Only have one question -- How is the browser performance?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Great thread guys. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. Unfortunately, my local best buy doesn't have one on display. :( I pre-ordered on AT&T and since this is my first Samsung device since owning the Moment on Sprint which seems like ages ago, I really hope they don't disappoint. It was a hard toss up between this and the new Moto X, but I think I made the right decision. I'm subscribing to this thread, and hope to see more peoples input about the Best Buy display!

Only have one question -- How is the browser performance?

I personally couldn't get on the internet. It wasn't connected to any source of wifi which I thought was strange.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I played with the note 4 and really liked but, the touchwiz is what kills the device for me. Being on ATT, I am hesistant to buy the phone until root is achieved, as this phone with AOSP would be perfect for me. I did notice some lag while using the phone like in the web browser while i was scrolling, but I am hopeful that this is just because of the demo software bogging things down.

Has this been true with earlier iterations of samsung devices?
Have you try Nova launcher?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc