Tested a Note 4 30 minutes ago @ Best Buy

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
It's worse than "bendgate". Samsung shouldn't have made so much fun of Apple, heh heh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my note 3 has a slightly gap on the left side of the screen and I've been using it for almost a yr without any issues. My son abused it (through it on the floor) every time he lost to the "Minion Rush" game. It's still in great condition though I have a bumper case on it since day 1. I'll give it to my son as a game device once I got the Note 4 :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
1) It's much faster than my Note 3 ever was out of the box. I would say in terms of moving around from app to app, faster than anything out there today...easily as quick as my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina which cost me about $3200.

2) Sound is fantastic, with what sounds like a separate tweeter built in...no distortion at all and the high end is very crisp! You can hear the symbals very distinctly!

3) The polished aluminum bezel is slick...with a very nice overall feel on the phone. Doesn't feel at all cheap like a Note 3; in fact, quite the opposite now. Would be really cool if the bezel is one piece and whatever was in between the polished portion on top and bottom could be removed and polished.

4) The phone stands about 4-5 mm taller than my Note 3, and thickness looks about the same.

5) The UI looks more like the S5 than the current Note 3.

6) Messaging app has some cool new features and a cool new look!

7) The camera app was very cool, with the new photo to text features!

8) The screen resolution and brightness was beyond the S5 and an iPhone 6 I had in my hand at the time. Unbeatable and super bright!

9) It has the new anti-bend option built in.

10) It's not an iPhone!

I don't know if it's 4.4.4 that makes the speed difference, or if it's the phone itself, but holy crap, that thing was lightning f_cking fast! Did I mention how fast it was? Instant - no lag.

I'm buying this phone - I want the fingerprint scanner and all the other cool features! I just sold one of my Note 3's and will get one as soon as they are available in October.

Good to see that finally samsung's touchwiz cannot slow down the highest end of specs. Yay for the snap805!

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Am I correct to assume that the Air Command function of the S-Pen doesn't work in Chrome? It only works on the Sammies browser?
That's what I thought, I wonder too.

That's accurate as far as the Note 3 is concerned, but I didn't check for it on the Note 4. I did check to see if Samsung added the ability to tap the home button with the S Pen -- they didn't.

N3 via AC App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I suspect that none of the demo units have Internet access. The one I played with in West Palm Beach didn't and as I mentioned earlier, there was no phone app either. Google Voice search is also disabled.

There was no lag getting to either Chrome of the Internet browser, so hard to say if there's any lag or not, but my Note 3 is pretty seamless. I would be very surprised to see lag anywhere on that device - certainly had none to speak of when I played with it.
It had no gaps and neither do either of the two Note 3's I have.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Still have my mint condition Pre, loved that phone. I take it out and play with every once in a while, can't get up enough nerve to get rid of it.

While not trying to derail from the original topic, I bought all 3 of them but the Pre 3 which I still have almost got it right hardware wise. It needed to be a little more refined in its construction but the WebOS software certainly was very innovative and fun to use. So much potential was there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

InfinitiFX35

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Stopped by BB and I am amazed with the Note 4. Keep in mind I am on a Droid Razr Maxx. The stylus felt awesome, the video was unreal, sound was ok, nothing to write home about, but overall I am excited to get the phone. I was surprised that the back of the white felt very cheap. Does not matter as it will be in a case.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what you heard, but the sound comp between my 3 and that 4 was night and day. Was it a JBL studio monitor? No, and that won't happen, but it sure sounds a whole lot better than my Note 3...