Tested a Note 4 30 minutes ago @ Best Buy

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
How was sound quality when earbuds plugin in your ears. How was loud it is? Lg g3 is not pretty good nor loud enough when the earbuds on. Especially, speakers of lg g3 was good as par.
Is same level as HTC m8 to note4 speakers and earbuds.
Thanks and appeciate if you tested it

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If I had large hands, I'd own a Note 4 in a heartbeat. But it (well, actually the Note 3) is just too uncomfortable for me to hold and use. I'd love to see a Note 4 mini. Something about the size of an S5 but with S-Pen support and the latest hardware.

Paul An

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't get how the screen is curved and why the screen protectors being released cover up so little. To me the screen looks as flat as ever or maybe not even curvy enough to have restrictions on screen protectors....

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't get how the screen is curved and why the screen protectors being released cover up so little. To me the screen looks as flat as ever or maybe not even curvy enough to have restrictions on screen protectors....

If curved at all I can see an issue with tempered glass which would be bummer. I won't ever use plastic again.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If I had large hands, I'd own a Note 4 in a heartbeat. But it (well, actually the Note 3) is just too uncomfortable for me to hold and use. I'd love to see a Note 4 mini. Something about the size of an S5 but with S-Pen support and the latest hardware.
Try the phone for a week. At 5'2", I've been called petite or vertically challenged :) I can use the Note 2 easily and will be getting the N4. Every phone I've owned was larger than the previous one. Each took me about 4 days to get used to their new size.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My husband and I were at a BB today (Metro Detroit) and were told that they wouldn't have a demo in-store until release day. :-\

Has anyone else in the Detroit area actually seen the Note 4 in a BB store?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I tested one out at T-Mobile yesterday and I was pretty impressed. The phone felt really solid. When I saw it I actually thought about canceling my iPhone 6 plus order and just ordering this one. At least I knew I would get it on time and not have to wait another month or two.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I tested one out at T-Mobile yesterday and I was pretty impressed. The phone felt really solid. When I saw it I actually thought about canceling my iPhone 6 plus order and just ordering this one. At least I knew I would get it on time and not have to wait another month or two.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
They have them on display at T-Mobile stores too?? Where you at?

BigZman95

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I also checked out the Note 4 quite extensively at a local Best Buy and have a similar opinion on the phone. Go in there and have some of the Samsung employees show you around the phone. It's absolutely stunning and the video quality looks better than both my $1100 gaming laptop and any TV at my house. Fast, beautiful and tons of great features. Once it's out and I have the money I'm ditching my iPhone 5S for it!

All hail Samsung!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I also checked out the Note 4 quite extensively at a local Best Buy and have a similar opinion on the phone. Go in there and have some of the Samsung employees show you around the phone. It's absolutely stunning and the video quality looks better than both my $1100 gaming laptop and any TV at my house. Fast, beautiful and tons of great features. Once it's out and I have the money I'm ditching my iPhone 5S for it!

All hail Samsung!

Sell the 5S for about $300ish, do the Samsung or Bestbuy $200 promo, and then you just gotta pay like 250 to 300 out of pocket. You can finance it with T mo , for like $27 a month, if you dont go Best Buy

BigZman95

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Sell the 5S for about $300ish, do the Samsung or Bestbuy $200 promo, and then you just gotta pay like 250 to 300 out of pocket. You can finance it with T mo , for like $27 a month, if you dont go Best Buy

Not a bad idea at all but I was more or less waiting to see if it goes on sale around Thanksgiving / Black Friday (I've heard rumors that it will) and then buy it and sell my 5S on eBay because according to eBay's price guide my phone should be worth close to $500. I have a 64GB 5S. And if it doesn't go on sale I'll probably just get it on AT&T's Next plan and still sell my 5S outright. I could really use the money for college books lol.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Funny you say that. I was thinking, I'd really like a screen like the Note 4, could live without S pen in return for lower price. ;) But screen size is mandatory. :)

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
1) It's much faster than my Note 3 ever was out of the box. I would say in terms of moving around from app to app, faster than anything out there today...easily as quick as my 2014 MacBook Pro Retina which cost me about $3200.

2) Sound is fantastic, with what sounds like a separate tweeter built in...no distortion at all and the high end is very crisp! You can hear the symbals very distinctly!

3) The polished aluminum bezel is slick...with a very nice overall feel on the phone. Doesn't feel at all cheap like a Note 3; in fact, quite the opposite now. Would be really cool if the bezel is one piece and whatever was in between the polished portion on top and bottom could be removed and polished.

4) The phone stands about 4-5 mm taller than my Note 3, and thickness looks about the same.

5) The UI looks more like the S5 than the current Note 3.

6) Messaging app has some cool new features and a cool new look!

7) The camera app was very cool, with the new photo to text features!

8) The screen resolution and brightness was beyond the S5 and an iPhone 6 I had in my hand at the time. Unbeatable and super bright!

9) It has the new anti-bend option built in.

10) It's not an iPhone!

I don't know if it's 4.4.4 that makes the speed difference, or if it's the phone itself, but holy crap, that thing was lightning f_cking fast! Did I mention how fast it was? Instant - no lag.

I'm buying this phone - I want the fingerprint scanner and all the other cool features! I just sold one of my Note 3's and will get one as soon as they are available in October.
You must have never used the HTC One M8 before. I tried the Note 4 at my local Best Buy. Didn't see any noticeable difference between it and the Samsung Galaxy S5 when it came to speed. It still has the typical Samsung lag when opening the multitasking button. That one really gets on my nerve.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. My note3 is pretty fast. I wouldn't call it slow.

Note4 could likely be my next phone.

Its not slow but if you ever used a Nexus, HTC or Motorola device you would see the difference. Well, Motorola Droid Maxx and Moto X for Motorola anyways.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. My note3 is pretty fast. I wouldn't call it slow.

Note4 could likely be my next phone.
The Samsung devices are fast. In 2014 every flagship device is fast. However, try an IPhone or an HTC One M8 and you will clearly notice a difference in speed. Specially if you open and close apps often. Samsung phones are packed with a lot of extra software that causes it to clear RAM memory more often.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung devices are fast. In 2014 every flagship device is fast. However, try an IPhone or an HTC One M8 and you will clearly notice a difference in speed. Specially if you open and close apps often. Samsung phones are packed with a lot of extra software that causes it to clear RAM memory more often.

I tried both I didn't notice any difference in speed even from a note 3.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I cannot in any way shape or form agree with the OP. I have a note 3 and it's as fast as the note 4, maybe even a bit slower. I found that three note 4's that I have used were below today's standards for a reliable smartphone. I hope that all 3 units I played with weren't the final product.

To begin with they all locked up. I was shocked. And I even had the Samsung associate reset the device and came back to it later and it still locked up. Screen transition was smooth as the note 2 and 3 but not anymore smooth. Data speeds were on target and the screen was nice but I don't see much improvement over the note 3. I have to say here the iPhone 5s, 6 and 6+ look better. Sound quality not better then other phones but it's not gonna sound great, it's a tiny little speaker. Call quality was the same. That will improve once your particular carrier has VoLTE so that can be overlooked. I think the design could be better and they even removed the usb 3.0 connector.

I believe the OP must have a defective note 3. Not to bash him... I've had a few very similar situations. I'm not surprised thAt it's no faster then my note 3 bc the snapdragon 805 is only a few percentage points faster and that's even on synthetic benchmarks. Real world performance will usually be lower.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke