Tested a Note 4 30 minutes ago @ Best Buy

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It must be super charged. In fact when I mentioned that it was the same speed, I was specifically talking about screen and menu transition.
And no I know exactly what a good screen looks like. A SAMOLED screen isn't it.
Well, perhaps you should buy the iPhone 6 and be done with Android. Maybe the Note 4 just isn't for you...

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, perhaps you should buy the iPhone 6 and be done with Android. Maybe the Note 4 just isn't for you...

That's my intention. Maybe Samsung will step it up again like the s4 and note 3 were compared to previous devices. I only keep my devices 4 to 6 months so we'll see.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
No phone will ever take better pics then an iPhone. I have just too much fun with my wife's 5s. And I use a note 3....

Stop lying to yourself. It's not faster. Benchmarks are ****. Real world performance is king. 4k video is great but I don't care much for it. What's the point in it since nothing I own is 4k. Why am I gonna use an s pen for? I wanted it to make me more productive but it didn't. And the UI is just ugly.

Answer me something, how do you know Samsung isn't inflating there benchmarks like they did in the past?
Why are you even on a Note 3 if you feel that way about it? No wonder you don't care for the Note 4...stick to iPhone!

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Why are you even on a Note 3 if you feel that way about it? No wonder you don't care for the Note 4...stick to iPhone!

That's the phone that I have now. I just can't drop it and get a new one like I used to. I made a mistake by getting the edge plan. I usually have better luck on Craigslist. I'm waiting on my iPhone now. I know I probably sound like a troll but I seriously did experience these issue on the phone. Websites were lagging, only 2 devices locked up solid thought.

AllenB1952

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
No not when I was there. They have some Note 4's that are tethered of course. I really wanted to hold one without the metal security on the back just to see how it feels holding it in one hand. I was using a white one and it looks and feels really nice. I had to turn on some of the features because they were turned off for some reason. Not a big deal but you would think they would have them turned on for people who would have a problem knowing where to go in settings to do so. I did not notice any lag at all and I had about 7 applications running and going in and out of them was a breeze. I love the recently used apps menu that are card stacks now and very easy to switch between them. The photo's from the gallery looked really good and using pinch to zoom showed every little detail without them getting washed out. I'm coming from a Galaxy S3 that was a great phone for the past two years, but the note 4 with all of its great features and the S-Pen added functionality to be able to use it like a mouse with copy and paste is just like night and day for me. I'm glad I stopped in and tried one out because I'm getting so impatient waiting for mine to be shipped already. This is a really great phone that can help anyone be more productive and get things done faster and more effectively. Taking photographs of anything from a menu on the wall to a blackboard with notes on them and being able to edit them afterwords is really outstanding.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I just came back from BB again....I cannot wait for this phone. I actually tested more of the features including the multi window mode and other S pen features. Internet was on this time and it was lightning fast! I turned the screen brightness on auto but honestly I prefer bright screens (at least in the day time). There is definitely a difference between it and my M8. The pen features will take getting used to as well as no more settings button. Even when I held it down it didn't always bring up settings but that may have been because of the apps I was using. You could easily have 4, 5, or more apps open at once. The keyboard is also very different. It's easier to use with one hand without looking like that one hand mode on the Note 3. Great phone only 10 more days....

Posted via Android Central App

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
No phone will ever take better pics then an iPhone. I have just too much fun with my wife's 5s. And I use a note 3....

Stop lying to yourself. It's not faster. Benchmarks are ****. Real world performance is king. 4k video is great but I don't care much for it. What's the point in it since nothing I own is 4k. Why am I gonna use an s pen for? I wanted it to make me more productive but it didn't. And the UI is just ugly.

Answer me something, how do you know Samsung isn't inflating there benchmarks like they did in the past?
No wonder your username is junkie tek = iphone = junkie
:)

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just came back from BB again....I cannot wait for this phone. I actually tested more of the features including the multi window mode and other S pen features. Internet was on this time and it was lightning fast! I turned the screen brightness on auto but honestly I prefer bright screens (at least in the day time). There is definitely a difference between it and my M8. The pen features will take getting used to as well as no more settings button. Even when I held it down it didn't always bring up settings but that may have been because of the apps I was using. You could easily have 4, 5, or more apps open at once. The keyboard is also very different. It's easier to use with one hand without looking like that one hand mode on the Note 3. Great phone only 10 more days....

Great review. Hope my BB has them on display here. I'll check it out tomorrow

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

My sister has an iPhone 4. All her pics have red eyes and look so so. I can take the same pic with my note 3 and it always looks way better. She has me send her pics!

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Did anybody think the capacitive buttons on the Note 4 look a little odd? I was just at BB trying the device out and noticed the lines kind of blurred the lights on the buttons..

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Went to my local BB today to see if they had any on display and sure enough they did. Played with a white one for about 20 minutes to the point where an associate came over to see what I was doing lol. Him and I talked for a few minutes about it and like myself is an N3 owner. After our chat I decided to go on YouTube and check out some 4k vids....Holy ****!!. The screen was absolutely amazing! Phone is silky smooth but the screen is what did me in. I promptly went across the street to my Sprint store and put in a preorder.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Did anybody think the capacitive buttons on the Note 4 look a little odd? I was just at BB trying the device out and noticed the lines kind of blurred the lights on the buttons..
It's supposed to look like that. If you look closely there is a stripped design in the bezel.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My sister has an iPhone 4. All her pics have red eyes and look so so. I can take the same pic with my note 3 and it always looks way better. She has me send her pics!

Lol well that's irrelevant if u have to compare a phone from 2010 to a phone from 2013. Come on now. And red eyes can be prevented.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So went to my local best buy today, and they had two note 4. On display here in West Texas, black one and white one. Holy sh*t, I was blown away by the new screen. . I thought the note 3 screen was awesome, the new one is so much better and sharper.

I played for about 10 minutes and promptly pre-ordered a black one with AT&T. Only had to put a $50 deposit down to reserve my phone. Which is great because my company will pay for the phone if the receipt is dated after October 11, which it will be (bec I pay for it on release day October 17)

I was shocked when the BB associate said they can only take pre-orders for AT&T, BECAUSE both Verison and Sprint is sold out? Or basically both of those have reached their cap for pre-orders.

I'm excited to see there is a big demand for the Note 4 already.

I'm crazy excited to get it next Friday. And for anyone who thinks the iPhone 6 plus screen is nice, shouldn't look at the note 4. Because there's no comparison, the note 4 screen is much better than the iPhone 6 plus, it's not even funny.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Great to hear about the sound quality. Seperate question: why do they announce the phone only to start selling it a month later?

Because it take that long for all the carrier s to get all set up not as easy as you think so ship millions of phone and get approved by all of them i only hate the fact that att is charging 100 more for the same phone 😕

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep...I posted before that when I starter watching HD+ videos - 4K or 14K or whatever it is, people walking by were leaning in and saying "Holy Sh+t!!" The screen literally is that awesome.

Went to my local BB today to see if they had any on display and sure enough they did. Played with a white one for about 20 minutes to the point where an associate came over to see what I was doing lol. Him and I talked for a few minutes about it and like myself is an N3 owner. After our chat I decided to go on YouTube and check out some 4k vids....Holy ****!!. The screen was absolutely amazing! Phone is silky smooth but the screen is what did me in. I promptly went across the street to my Sprint store and put in a preorder.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Exactly my thought! iPhone 6+ cost more than the Note 4 & the Note 4 can do much much more! It's understandable Note 4 isn't everyone's cup of coffee. If it's bitter, try a cup of tea.

Posted via Tab S 8.4

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit. Didn't use the S pen much on my Note 3. But with all the new additions I'm hoping I'll be using it more on my Note 4

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Because it take that long for all the carrier s to get all set up not as easy as you think so ship millions of phone and get approved by all of them i only hate the fact that att is charging 100 more for the same phone 😕

Where are you seeing that. Everywhere I have looked it is $299. Unless you mean out right purchasing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude