Here's what I'm talking about: Why Samsung Could Be Slashing Galaxy Note 4's Price After Three Months Just Like What Happened To Its Predecessor: Source : Trending News : Design & Trend

Will this come true? Is anyone considering holding off their Note 4 purchase? My next JUMP upgrade on T-Mo isn't until January anyway, so I have no choice but to wait. If this is indeed true, it'll be excellent news for me.
    09-28-2014 06:28 PM
    Lol, don't you love a article cites no number?

Its likely true, but that 33% is the 2-yr contract price, from 299 to 200.

It means nothing for t-mobile when there is no contract, and the real price drop is merely 100/800, far from 33%.
    pantlesspenguin and dankev like this.
    09-28-2014 08:06 PM
    With pre-ordering and a $10 smart phone, you can now get close to a 30 percent discount off the list price. I am sure Samsung is still making money.

So it stands to reason more discounting will be forthcoming, particularly when in a couple of months there will be more IPhone 6 plus phones available to compete with the Note 4. You may think when it comes to features, there is no competition for the N4, but there are a lot of people who don't need the N4 features and would rather buy the easier to use 6 plus, unless the price of the N4 was super attractive. Yes, I would expect the price of the N4 will need to drop.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-28-2014 08:13 PM
    Lol, don't you love a article cites no number?

Its likely true, but that 33% is the 2-yr contract price, from 299 to 200.

It means nothing for t-mobile when there is no contract, and the real price drop is merely 100/800, far from 33%.
    Oh damn. I didn't even consider it just meant subsidized price and not full retail .
    09-28-2014 08:58 PM
    The resale value held pretty well on Note 3.
    lazerproof likes this.
    09-28-2014 09:02 PM
    I paid 700 CDN for mine last November. I am being offered 350...can't get a penny more.
    09-28-2014 09:32 PM
    The Note Edge will be coming out shortly after the Note 4's release, so I can see the price dropping some to allow the Edge to be given the same price as the Note 4's to drive more people to the Note 4 once they see that the Edge is a limited production item. I like the novelty of the Edge's side screen, but seems like it would be a little more cumbersome to hold.

09-28-2014 09:41 PM
    The Note Edge will be coming out shortly after the Note 4's release, so I can see the price dropping some to allow the Edge to be given the same price as the Note 4's to drive more people to the Note 4 once they see that the Edge is a limited production item. I like the novelty of the Edge's side screen, but seems like it would be a little more cumbersome to hold.

From what I read, the Edge will be available in very limited markets. I think the reports that all the major carriers will have both the Note 4 and the Edge to pick from where pre mature, it's not going to have a big release like the Note 4 will so therefore I doubt it will impact the price of the Note 4 in any way.
    09-28-2014 09:46 PM
    I've heard a speculated price of 399 on contract for the edge, so predictors are saying it will cost more than N4 not that N4 price will drop.
    The N3 held its original full price for the whole year until N4 was announced.
    09-28-2014 10:24 PM
    From what I read, the Edge will be available in very limited markets. I think the reports that all the major carriers will have both the Note 4 and the Edge to pick from where pre mature, it's not going to have a big release like the Note 4 will so therefore I doubt it will impact the price of the Note 4 in any way.
    100% this. Samsungs president stated last week the Edge is a concept device and not intended for consumer mass production. That is as clear and concise as the wording can be the Edge is not happening as far as retail. It will likely require a proprietary UI and apps for the bendy display, so no harm no foul for me.
    09-28-2014 11:14 PM
    About a month ago the upgrade price @ Sprint was still $350 for the Note 3. I doubt there will be any price drop for a year as long as the device continues to sell. At least at Sprint.

09-28-2014 11:37 PM
    I've heard a speculated price of 399 on contract for the edge, so predictors are saying it will cost more than N4 not that N4 price will drop.
    The N3 held its original full price for the whole year until N4 was announced.
    I guess that would be part of it, are we discussing full price or 2 year contract price. I was actually impressed with how much more I could get for my used Note 3 just a few months ago if I traded it in on a new device.
    09-29-2014 04:46 AM
    I have yet to see a phone hold their original price for a year constantly. I am sure you will be able to get the Note 4 on contract around Christmas time at $199. Best Buy and Verizon seem to temporarily lower subsidized pricing sporadically. Then, a week later it's back to the previous price point. I have seen Note 3's earlier this spring for $149 abd even $99. If you can hold out, it's always good to wait. Most times you pay a premium to have the top of the line phone out at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    09-29-2014 05:41 AM
    The Note 3 held its value longer than I think the Note 4 will, because the Note 3 had no large IPhone competiting with it. On the other hand, the Note 4 will need to compete with the bigger, already popular IPhone 6 plus, once supplies become plentiful. (Right now, you can't get a 6 plus even if you want one, because there is no inventory)

After the first of the year when all of the holiday shopping is over and there is 6 plus and N4 inventory remaining, expect to see a big price drop in the N4.

09-29-2014 08:27 AM
    I think we've already seen an unprecedented price drop of the N4 through the $200 trade in program. On contract at AT&T (and I think Verizon & Sprint) it's only $100. I highly doubt we'll see anything less expensive than that this Holiday season. I'm also certain the reason for the $200 is the iPhone up to $300 trade in program. Thanks Apple!!
    09-29-2014 09:23 AM
    I picked up the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for $90 on sale on contract on release day directly from Verizon. Even today, it would cost me more than that to get a note 3 directly from Verizon.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    09-29-2014 09:46 AM
    I would imagine pretty much every phone that isn't an iPhone will drop in price after release. The guaranteed $200 trade in for the preorder more than makes up for it in my opinion.
    09-29-2014 09:49 AM
    I picked up the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for $90 on sale on contract on release day directly from Verizon. Even today, it would cost me more than that to get a note 3 directly from Verizon.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/29/je4e6a3e.jpg

I'm still scratching my head over this one. Least expensive price I've ever seen for a N3 even today let alone the day they were released.
    09-29-2014 10:54 AM
    This is probably just a fluke....

Attached Thumbnails How much merit is in the rumor that the Note 4 price will drop 34% in the first 3 months?-19618.jpg  
    09-29-2014 02:59 PM
    I'm still scratching my head over this one. Least expensive price I've ever seen for a N3 even today let alone the day they were released.
    I posted a thread about it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ckup-ymmv.html

09-29-2014 05:41 PM
    I have yet to see a phone hold their original price for a year constantly. I am sure you will be able to get the Note 4 on contract around Christmas time at $199. Best Buy and Verizon seem to temporarily lower subsidized pricing sporadically. Then, a week later it's back to the previous price point. I have seen Note 3's earlier this spring for $149 abd even $99. If you can hold out, it's always good to wait. Most times you pay a premium to have the top of the line phone out at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    You are right about contract prices, they do fluctuate around holidays. But all that article is saying is that they expect better promos base on market trend analysis. Which is like saying tomorrow it might rain because today was cloudy. Its very speculative. The N3 held its original full price value for a year, which was impressive. The contract pricing fluctuates when a company run promos and typically those companies have hidden agenda's/incentives to place the rebate deals or sales. In the end though its all about driving in more revenue for them selves. I have a dealing Samsung's 200 rebate deal is for the similar reason obahma put out the tax rebate on old used cars. Its simply to take old devices off the 3rd party markets so that more people will buy new instead of used.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-29-2014 06:18 PM