TouchWiz on Note 4 still lags

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Currently have 20 apps open. Still snappy as can be. Love this beast.

I must say though. I'm rooted. And I have disabled/uninstalled a few things.

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Bye bye complainer.

Let's take a phone back before a possible future update comes out. For all we know TouchWiz might get smoother once andriod 5.0 comes out.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
My Note 4 has zero lag whatsoever. If your schedule is so tight that a half second lag is going to throw your day off, you may need to evaluate your schedule.

robertc88

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
At least the title of the thread should be changed to alert folks this was a smartphone in demo mode. Most every forum I browse or reviews I have read pretty much all state lag on this beast is very small if there is any at all. And that is exactly the case for my Note 4.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
More than likely those who complain are just trolls who are looking to discredit Samsung and/or Android and are in love with Apple.

Note 2 via Android Central App

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you are really having any issues with lag try this in this video. I have don it on all my Samsung phones to prevent lag... When I get my Gnote4. I will do it out of the box...

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
At least the title of the thread should be changed to alert folks this was a smartphone in demo mode. Most every forum I browse or reviews I have read pretty much all state lag on this beast is very small if there is any at all. And that is exactly the case for my Note 4.

Went to best buy for a week and played with the Note 4 every day just to make sure it was the device I wanted, NO LAG. Received my T-Mobile Note 4 on 10/13 and have had numerous apps open at one time, NO LAG. This device does not lag!!!

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I love those that complain. Poor iOS people. So sad.

Note 2 via Android Central App

I've never owned an Apple product in my life. I had the HTC One M8 prior to the Note 4. I'm switching to the Xperia Z3 at the end of October. Keep on ASSuming.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you are really having any issues with lag try this in this video. I have don it on all my Samsung phones to prevent lag... When I get my Gnote4. I will do it out of the box...

Galaxy Note 3 Lag Fix Make It A Lot FASTER! - YouTube

I've never owned an Apple product in my life. I had the HTC One M8 prior to the Note 4. I'm switching to the Xperia Z3 at the end of October. Keep on ASSuming.

Have You Tried what I posted in the video?

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow....that was really interesting. Really points out some of the decisions developers, designers, carriers what have make that one by one just rob your device of functionality for features that you would give up in a minute when the tradeoff is functionality.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 4 from T-Mo, even after the update it still lags. After pressing the home button it takes 2-3 sec's for the screen to wake-up. Video's freeze when playing Youtube and on the native video app. The battery isn't that great either, this Note 4 is going back to the store.

You sure you have a Note 4? Because it sounds like you bought a a potato instead of a Note 4. I have no lag on TW at all. The screen wakes up 2-3 milliseconds after pressing the home button. Videos do not freeze on the You Tube app or native video app. And the battery life is nothing short of kickass.

Guy Massicotte

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
1/2s lag.... dam ! surely miss the time to go to the mall, buy beer and get drunk ! :confused:
solution :
half second on lag, maybe you should smoke weed, trust the phone will never seems to lag again :)

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I did have lag on my Note 4. It was especially noticeable in Hangouts and scrolling thru Web pages. It was especially noticeable when I would be trying to do things very quickly. The UI just wasn't keeping up.

Why am I stating this in the past tense? Because I returned it (an at&t version--and not for this reason) and bought a T-Mobile version and I must say there is a noticeable difference. Granted I just got the T-Mobile version yesterday but wow, there is no lag in this one at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced 0 lag with my device. Turning off the S-Voice "always" as the video above showed snapped things right up, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20