11-11-2014 12:33 PM
57 123
tools
    More than likely those who complain are just trolls who are looking to discredit Samsung and/or Android and are in love with Apple.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    KingTongue and skippyg like this.
    10-19-2014 07:37 PM
    If you are really having any issues with lag try this in this video. I have don it on all my Samsung phones to prevent lag... When I get my Gnote4. I will do it out of the box...

10-19-2014 09:14 PM
    At least the title of the thread should be changed to alert folks this was a smartphone in demo mode. Most every forum I browse or reviews I have read pretty much all state lag on this beast is very small if there is any at all. And that is exactly the case for my Note 4.
    Went to best buy for a week and played with the Note 4 every day just to make sure it was the device I wanted, NO LAG. Received my T-Mobile Note 4 on 10/13 and have had numerous apps open at one time, NO LAG. This device does not lag!!!
    bassplayrguy and skippyg like this.
    10-19-2014 09:41 PM
    My Note 4 has zero lag whatsoever. If your schedule is so tight that a half second lag is going to throw your day off, you may need to evaluate your schedule.
    True, The phone is quick and responsive 4 sure
    10-19-2014 09:45 PM
    I love those that complain. Poor iOS people. So sad.

I've never owned an Apple product in my life. I had the HTC One M8 prior to the Note 4. I'm switching to the Xperia Z3 at the end of October. Keep on ASSuming.
    10-19-2014 11:48 PM

10-20-2014 12:11 AM
    If you are really having any issues with lag try this in this video. I have don it on all my Samsung phones to prevent lag... When I get my Gnote4. I will do it out of the box...

I've never owned an Apple product in my life. I had the HTC One M8 prior to the Note 4. I'm switching to the Xperia Z3 at the end of October. Keep on ASSuming.
    Have You Tried what I posted in the video?
    BJM9282 likes this.
    10-20-2014 12:11 AM
    Preach2k, the tips in that video absolutely improved the fluid-like feel of the phone, at least for me. Thanks a lot!
    10-20-2014 07:25 AM
    Wow....that was really interesting. Really points out some of the decisions developers, designers, carriers what have make that one by one just rob your device of functionality for features that you would give up in a minute when the tradeoff is functionality.
    10-20-2014 07:34 AM
    I have the Note 4 from T-Mo, even after the update it still lags. After pressing the home button it takes 2-3 sec's for the screen to wake-up. Video's freeze when playing Youtube and on the native video app. The battery isn't that great either, this Note 4 is going back to the store.
    You sure you have a Note 4? Because it sounds like you bought a a potato instead of a Note 4. I have no lag on TW at all. The screen wakes up 2-3 milliseconds after pressing the home button. Videos do not freeze on the You Tube app or native video app. And the battery life is nothing short of kickass.
    10-20-2014 08:53 AM
    1/2s lag.... dam ! surely miss the time to go to the mall, buy beer and get drunk !
    solution :
    half second on lag, maybe you should smoke weed, trust the phone will never seems to lag again
    10-30-2014 01:20 AM
    I have no lag...and i am not rooted...i disabled animations and my Note4 is zippy and quick
    10-30-2014 11:31 AM

Damn, wish I knew this a helluva alot earlier!!
    10-30-2014 11:55 AM
    I did have lag on my Note 4. It was especially noticeable in Hangouts and scrolling thru Web pages. It was especially noticeable when I would be trying to do things very quickly. The UI just wasn't keeping up.

Why am I stating this in the past tense? Because I returned it (an at&t version--and not for this reason) and bought a T-Mobile version and I must say there is a noticeable difference. Granted I just got the T-Mobile version yesterday but wow, there is no lag in this one at all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 01:55 PM
    I've experienced 0 lag with my device. Turning off the S-Voice "always" as the video above showed snapped things right up, too.
    10-30-2014 02:12 PM
    verizon note 4 here, pretty laggy. about a .5-1 second lag to open apps, even with all other apps closed and animations off
    10-30-2014 10:57 PM
    I have the Tmobile version Note 4. Stock, unrooted. Using Nova Launcher. For the most part its pretty slick and fluid. The changes on the video helped. I still see an occasional lag when scrolling or typing. ( Using Swiftkey) Just now, when I scrolled in developer settings, it lagged for a second before scrolling down to the animation settings. Anybody else experience this?
    11-08-2014 11:10 PM
    It's just the same thing over and over again. People complain there's lag, others come out to defend Touchwiz and swear there's no lag. A few acuse those that complain as being iOS sheep. A few swear the lag isn't even that bad an will likely improve with the next version of Android. Samsung piles more garbage on top of the next version of Android and the cycle repeats itself.

This is why I bought a moto X back in, 2013 after having an S3 and will be moving on to the Nexus 6.

It's the same crap, different device. Even in the day of the S3 you could find people going "Oh, no maybe older versions of Touchwiz were bad but it's improved." Meanwhile the S3 forum is, like, 90% complaints. 😒 I'll only recommend Samsung phones to those who root or leave the screen off most of the day.
    11-09-2014 04:09 PM
    It's just the same thing over and over again. People complain there's lag, others come out to defend Touchwiz and swear there's no lag. A few acuse those that complain as being iOS sheep. A few swear the lag isn't even that bad an will likely improve with the next version of Android. Samsung piles more garbage on top of the next version of Android and the cycle repeats itself.

This is why I bought a moto X back in, 2013 after having an S3 and will be moving on to the Nexus 6.

It's the same crap, different device. Even in the day of the S3 you could find people going "Oh, no maybe older versions of Touchwiz were bad but it's improved." Meanwhile the S3 forum is, like, 90% complaints. 😒 I'll only recommend Samsung phones to those who root or leave the screen off most of the day.
    I can understand your frustration, but I can say that the "lag" issue is how people see it. I see lag, but it's a split second and in most cases, it isn't really perceivable. But I'm starting to believe that this "lag" problem is beginning to become a pile on. And that's unfair. I would say the same about HTC's camera on the One, battery life on the Nexus 5, and bendgate for the iPhone.If you own one of these devices and are not experiencing those problems or at least notice or bothered by these issues then there is no problem. If it is unnerving to you, get another phone.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    Preach2k likes this.
    11-09-2014 08:11 PM
    I've actually have started having lag the last couple days just noticed it really bad in the stock keyboard was a Few letters behind and I've only download seven programs and was when I first got it have also notice less battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-10-2014 12:45 AM
    Use the N4 and my 6+ atm. And Tw have lagg and it will always be there if not Samsung optimise it better.. Still like the N4 tho and right now I just wait for my nexus 6 to try it out. n4 was better at start and get more "lagg" when you have use it and have much programs and files on it, and battery drain also appears under load. But guess we will see if some of it get better with 5.0.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    11-10-2014 06:23 AM

You hit the nail on the head. People (fanboys) would have you believe that you have the only lemon. I have a Note 4. Overall, I like it and will keep it, but the fact of the matter is that it's just not the most responsive phone especially when taking the specs of the device into consideration. My Nexus 5, which admittedly does not have nearly as many features, smokes the Note 4 when it comes to responsiveness and that's straight out the box with zero changes.
    NerdTopper and RayMabry like this.
    11-10-2014 11:44 AM
    Touchwiz on my Note 4 continually freezes, stops working. Does anyone know if there is a fix?
    11-10-2014 07:02 PM
    Or, you know, with Android you can just use a different Home screen, like Nova. That's the great thing about Android. there's no reason to use whatever 'stock' your phone manufacturer gives you as there are so many ways of changing or customizing Android.
    11-10-2014 07:13 PM
    Or, you know, with Android you can just use a different Home screen, like Nova. That's the great thing about Android. there's no reason to use whatever 'stock' your phone manufacturer gives you as there are so many ways of changing or customizing Android.
    What would that solve? At that point you've only changed the Touchwiz launcher. It still isn't going to do anything about Touchwiz as a whole and it sure as heck won't reduce lag. Although I guess one could install a theme to at least have decent looking icons on the phone.
    11-10-2014 09:14 PM
57 123