05-29-2015 02:20 AM
115 12345
tools
    I have all paperwork, but nothing goes up to 180.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    The Note 2 has the user Manual on the device and there is a reference to the possibility of a small gap appearing. The info is in the troubleshooting section of the Manual.

Please see screenshots

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 "Gapgate"-screenshot_2014-10-01-10-20-45.jpg   Note 4 "Gapgate"-screenshot_2014-10-01-10-20-38.jpg  
    10-01-2014 04:25 AM
    I'm hoping this issue will be "fixed" by late November, when I can get my Note 4.
    10-01-2014 04:35 AM
    I had BlackBerry Storm and BlackBerry Storm 2. The clickable screens on both devices obviously had gaps on all four sides - by design. Yes, dirt could be of a slight annoyance but no major issue. And I do not think the functionality of the phone was compromised.

As for liquid, well .. this phone is not supposed to be waterproof any ways.

So I am not worried about gaps - unless there is a gaping chasm on the sides.
    10-01-2014 06:31 AM
    I think Samsung has dug themselves a hole of sand on this one. Does this mean the non gap versions at my local BB are faulty?

Seems the design is susceptible to alignment deviation due to the production process and Samsung is spinning it with nonsense.
    10-01-2014 06:47 AM
    The Note 2 has the user Manual on the device and there is a reference to the possibility of a small gap appearing. The info is in the troubleshooting section of the Manual.

Please see screenshots

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2
    So, basically, as others have said, this appears to have been a design feature for some years. So, I'm a little confused as to what the fuss is about. Is there something DIFFERENT about the "gap" that appears in the Note 4? If not, it seems to be a non-issue.
    RSPC likes this.
    10-01-2014 07:09 AM
    Is someone changing the thread title?? Cuz I know I didn't name it Note 4 "Gapgate"...

Posted via Android Central App
    10-01-2014 07:35 AM
    Is someone changing the thread title?? Cuz I know I didn't name it Note 4 "Gapgate"...

Was it perhaps merged with another? (Don't know..just a thought)
    10-01-2014 07:49 AM
    The title of the article, referring to the link from the OP, speaks for itself. The phrase "might have" does not pose an accurate issue. If this is indeed a confirmed issue, Samsung will surely find a way to fix it. After all, they don't want to end up with a losing margin.
    10-01-2014 08:03 AM
    I'm hoping this issue will be "fixed" by late November, when I can get my Note 4.
    Samsung is saying this not an issue so it won't be "fixed" at all.

10-01-2014 08:05 AM
    10-01-2014 08:12 AM
    Well, I guess that settles it, since AA said so./s
    If it is a feature, then why isn't it on their other models? If you can stick paper in it, then dirt can also get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-01-2014 09:14 AM
    I believe that most cases will cover these gaps up.
    OCD people like myself will have a hard time with the gaps though.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-01-2014 09:19 AM

Not an issue according to AA
    I would prefer to deal with a gapgate than bendgate.
    67srbell likes this.
    10-01-2014 09:22 AM
    Well, I guess that settles it, since AA said so./s
    If it is a feature, then why isn't it on their other models? If you can stick paper in it, then dirt can also get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You tell me I'm guessing most who are in the US have been to best buy

Do you see the problem when handling the phone?
    10-01-2014 09:23 AM
    Now that I try, my Note 2 allows me to shove a fingernail in certain areas of the phone. Near the volume rocker, the entire North side, most of the East, most of the South.

No lint or dirt has accumulated in these areas.
    monsieurms and RSPC like this.
    10-01-2014 09:34 AM
    It is a non-issue. This is what happens when you have 17 days left till the release of a phone everyone is obsessing over.
    deeb215, monsieurms and RSPC like this.
    10-01-2014 10:07 AM

It was indeed merged with another thread on the same topic. We want to keep just one thread per topic.
    Was it perhaps merged with another? (Don't know..just a thought)

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    Almeuit, monsieurms and RSPC like this.
    10-01-2014 10:14 AM
    At least according to other comments and cites in this thread, it is on past Note models, even being specifically explained in the manuals. See post 52.

So, unless someone has an explanation as to why that's different than the current N4, it seems like (a) it's been around for awhile; (b) no one noticed or cared until this IT video went viral and people began assuming something awful.

I can see it now. "OMG. I'm looking at this thing now and it has a hole in the bottom. A HOLE big enough to stick a pen!. Who knows what could happen with that!?"
    RSPC likes this.
    10-01-2014 11:47 AM
    no one noticed or cared until this IT video went viral and people began assuming something awful.
    Kind of like "bendgate", huh?
    10-01-2014 11:53 AM
    Kind of like "bendgate", huh?
    Don't bring logic into this, it won't work here, lol.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    10-01-2014 11:57 AM
    Being ever skeptical, since Samsung has listed this "gap" issue as "normal" in the user manual they nor the carrier of retailer needs to replace a unit with this "gap" issue.
    Whether or not it is an issue to a given individual is a personal call. I personally would prefer a $700 - $825 tool to be both functional and cosmetically appealing. So I have decided to purchase my Note 4 personally at a retailer or my carrier and leave happy with the purchase. But that's just me.
    10-01-2014 12:09 PM
    Being ever skeptical, since Samsung has listed this "gap" issue as "normal" in the user manual they nor the carrier of retailer needs to replace a unit with this "gap" issue.
    I had a look on my S5 and low and behold I have a gap too. I never noticed it before but I'm not bothered at all.

Posted from my nexus 7 2013
    RSPC likes this.
    10-01-2014 12:14 PM
    Don't bring logic into this, it won't work here, lol.

The logic would be this is acknowledged by Samsung (even in the manual) .. I don't recall Apple saying anything about it in their manual .. Or do they? They could and I wouldn't know since I don't have the manual .
    RSPC likes this.
    10-01-2014 12:21 PM
    The logic would be this is acknowledged by Samsung (even in the manual) .. I don't recall Apple saying anything about it in their manual .. Or do they? They could and I wouldn't know since I don't have the manual .
    The part about people only caring after it went viral even though things like logic, in apples case, and the fact that it's in the Samsung manual, point to the possibility.

10-01-2014 12:22 PM
    The part about people only caring after it went viral even though things like logic, in apples case, and the fact that it's in the Samsung manual, point to the possibility.

Well of course people care when it goes viral .. Most wouldn't know otherwise. It is normal .. everyone knew the "bending" iPhone thing would disappear. I don't see that much talk about it except here and there .. And most review sites agree ... Can it bend? Sure ... Will it under normal use? Chances are slim.
    10-01-2014 12:25 PM
115 12345