Note 4 "Gapgate"

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
re: Note 4 "Gapgate"

Looks to be affecting the white version mainly...I dont think this issue will effect the U.S. Launch much as long as Samsung starts to fix issue now

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Yea they still have ~3 weeks to fix. Better not delay launch or I will be upset!

Posted via Android Central App

R3Mark

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

It is already a big issue at Korean IT Community. The black model is also suffering the same issue :p

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Yea they still have ~3 weeks to fix. Better not delay launch or I will be upset!

I highly doubt it can be fixed in that amount of time. At this point the units are in boxes on pallets and starting to ship around the world I would think. Hope this doesn't become an issue.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

All this does is points to the obvious, no manufacturer is perfect, things happen.

"You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house".

I expect this to be an isolated case just like the apple story. However, on both sides, who gives a crap? I mean it's not like the manufacturer won't fix or replace your device while under warranty if an issue like this arises.

These things get over blown, I just hope social media doesn't take this overboard. I hope there are actually some manufacturers that actually have class and won't go on social media saying " hey look you can store X and Y in the new galaxy note compartment" or whatever.

But going by the past track record of certain manufacturers, especially android manufacturers, I expect we'll see a post from HTC by the end of the day. I hope Samsung responds to it by asking them about their sales figures if they try something.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

adam220891

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Time is money. If I pay $700+ for a phone, I expect it to be free of flaws/issues. Don't have time to deal with sending it back or switching to a loaner, etc.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Time is money. If I pay $700+ for a phone, I expect it to be free of flaws/issues. Don't have time to deal with sending it back or switching to a loaner, etc.
If you notice it go to AT&T, Verizon, or whichever carrier and exchange it. It will be freely exchange for a new one if it is before 14 days I guess and if after a refurbished one. Maybe they do that at just bestbuy since I know I exchanged my 64gb ipad air when I had it because of dust under the screen like4-7 times

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site

They don't have three weeks. Devices for the North American market are already being manufactured. One of those times where it's wise to avoid the initial batches of a new device.

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Gapgate...here we go.

Wait a month. I think you'll have a better shot at a flawless device. Initial batches of cameras and phones often have QC issues. They will correct the issue, no doubt.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Next time somebody goes to best buy or a carrier store, they should look for this and see if it's present in the display models and report back.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Just went back to Best Buy this morning to play around with the display models and none of them had gaps. Sounds like a bad batch made it past QA. Either way I'm not worried about my pre-order; oh wait.... I'm canceling now!!! Just kidding. :p

We'll see, in the off chance there's something wrong when it arrives will just return it for a new one. Worst case, I'll just keep rockin my Note 2 longer. :D

Lol, Good to hear. Thanks for that.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Very understandable after spending 700+ bucks on a device that has flaws... but if i come across any issues with my note 4, believe when i say I'll be on the first thing smoking to exchange or return.