Wish that the Note 4 had knock on/off feature

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I wish the note 4 had the knock on/off feature that the lg g3 has. After using it for a few months I really like that feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
Re: wish note 4 had knock on/off feature

I have a OnePlus One which has that feature. I do wish the Note 4 would have it also, but the physical home button on the front might make not having that feature such a terrible thing.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I miss a home button!! I have an M8 and I hate having to tap the screen to get it to wake up! I should have never left Samsung :(

Posted via Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Why is it better to knock on your screen to wake it up as opposed to pressing one button? If there were no physical home button, I could see that being a better option than pressing the power button.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

As posted the Home Button is there but its a great feature to show off. :)

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Why is it better to knock on your screen to wake it up as opposed to pressing one button? If there were no physical home button, I could see that being a better option than pressing the power button.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It sounds like it wouldn't be better, and I thought the same way before getting my G3. You just can't and won't understand how weirdly convenient knock on is until you've used it. That is the one and only thing I'll miss about my G3.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

If the bootloader gets unlocked, a different kernel could allow for such a feature (if my memory serves me correctly).

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I miss a home button!! I have an M8 and I hate having to tap the screen to get it to wake up! I should have never left Samsung :(

Posted via Android Central App

My wife has the E8 (same as M8 but plastic) and on hers, if you slide up with your thumb from the bottom, it will wake the phone. Much easier and responsive than knocking the phone with your finger.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I use gravity screen. It wake up screen by waving over proximity sensor.

Works better, no touch of the phone at all.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

As others have mentioned, the home button pretty much negates the need for a knock-on type of feature.

Though I do have the feature on my HTC One and it is quite useful. But again, if I had a home button, there wouldn't really need for that feature to be there.

erinpac

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

I would turn it off anyways. My mom constantly has her LG turn on when she isn't using it, and it drains the battery like crazy.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I would turn it off anyways. My mom constantly has her LG turn on when she isn't using it, and it drains the battery like crazy.

My g3 does not turn on when not using it.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

I think everybody is missing the point between the knock on and home button. Nice thing about the knock on feature is you can set an unlock pattern of "knocks" to unlock your phone. With the home button once pressed you still have to have some unlock pattern or code on the screen. I found the knock on feature very useful.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Home button to turn on and you can use knock off to double tap the screen with Nova Prime Launcher ($4).

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I think everybody is missing the point between the knock on and home button. Nice thing about the knock on feature is you can set an unlock pattern of "knocks" to unlock your phone. With the home button once pressed you still have to have some unlock pattern or code on the screen. I found the knock on feature very useful.

Well, it is a nice feature indeed, just not must-have for everybody.

I'd suggest LG to patent it, since its a great invention, and you bet Apple will steal it sometime down the road and claim they revolutionized it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately the "knock" feature was made by LG so they definitely aren't going to give it to Samsung :). Samsung could make their own but .. doubt they will.

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

What if you are in an unsecure work environment, and someone accidentally "knocks" it open when locked?

I don't need tight security, but if I did, I would want the password. I like the options on the Note 4. And if you don't need the security . . .

Unless it's a fun feature.

rjm

Sent via Tapatalk on my new Galaxy Note 4

Inquisitive1

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I just left G2 wedsnday and keep tapping the phone lol. Doesn't
Help that I have to use a G2 for work. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads