The Note 4 has always on Google Now listening

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah.... you have fun with that. LOL

I do, all i need is a browser, an email client, a map, a radio streaming, a youtube app. I don't play game on phone anyway.

Now you, my friend, have no position to judge since you had no experience with both devices. LOL

Google already knows everything about you, so if you're not doing anything illegal, I wouldn't worry about them "knowing" where you are

Not me, I use bing, firefox, aquamail, etc. Only google service I use is gmail (3rd party app) and youtube (not signed in), nothing else.

I supposed you don't really need to care, but "no worry if did nothing wrong" is not an attitude I would go along with myself.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Good lord people. What do you do on your phone that has you so freaked out? Google wants your info to sell you ads. I personally couldn't care less about that. I'd rather have the functionality then live in a closed off bubble because I'm afraid that Big Brother is watching me.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is going to be great.

Now, if only Google would improve how Google Now handles calendar appointments. Really wish it was more like Siri in this regard.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Google Now listening feature is the one that's going to cause you to lose your privacy. It definitely won't be your Facebook account, or your Twitter feeds, or your instagram sh*t, or your selfies, or all the garbage that you store in the cloud, or all of the apps that you download that utilize personal information (but you just click "Accept" anyway).

It's Google Now. Those a-holes!

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
People, do you really think Google gives a damn about each of you personally?

If privacy is really and truly your top concern or priority, then stop using any electronic with a GPS.
Stop using any and all email. Pay off, cancel and destroy all your credit/debit cards. Remove yourself from all of modern society, including working, paying into a 401K, social security and other forms of government assistance. Also, make sure your family and friends no longer have a way to communicate with you. PO box or otherwise.

Only when you get off the gird completely, can you be free and have true privacy.

And even that's shaky, as if you've been engaged in any of these things for the past decade or so, the government already has tabs on you.

Never stop looking over your shoulder. Their watching...

B

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
People, do you really think Google gives a damn about each of you personally?

If privacy is really and truly your top concern or priority, then stop using any electronic with a GPS.
Stop using any and all email. Pay off, cancel and destroy all your credit/debit cards. Remove yourself from all of modern society, including working, paying into a 401K, social security and other forms of government assistance. Also, make sure your family and friends no longer have a way to communicate with you. PO box or otherwise.

Only when you get off the gird completely, can you be free and have true privacy.

And even that's shaky, as if you've been engaged in any of these things for the past decade or so, the government already has tabs on you.

Never stop looking over your shoulder. Their watching...

B

True but there are still ways to live in society and stay off the grid. ;]

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
They don't know everything. What they do know is mostly in part based on what you decide to provide them. Myself, I'm not voluntarily giving them anymore than they already have. But to each their own. /adjusting tinfoil hat ;) :p

Have you ever used Ghostery? If you surf the internet, Google as well as a host of other companies are tracking you whether you like it or not. Unless you use a VPN that gives you a bit of anonymity but otherwise you are constantly being tracked. Let's not be naive here.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Google already knows everything about you, so if you're not doing anything illegal, I wouldn't worry about them "knowing" where you are

I assume you can change the "OK Google" activator to something else..

I've been using this with Nova on my M8 for awhile, and its a really nice feature

Google doesn't know how many times I have relations a day lol

Posted via Android Central App

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I works with the screen off on my M8 as long as the phone is on AC power. Doesn't on battery. Comes in handy when charging at night on the night stand.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh god, i hope there is a way to disable this completely.

Its a drag on battery, and a nightmare on privacy.

I dont need to be a walking google ad machine. Whatever tiny convenience gain is not worth the cost.
Yea I agree. I think some people do not know the power of Google now I literally use it for everything, even to open an app. Google now is very powerful if you use it
Google Now is more efficient than going to a particular website to get information. Definitely. You can ask it directly instead of waiting for it to "learn" what you search for and present it. What the score of the game, the weather, etc. Comes right up. I can understand your concern about giving Google all of your information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63