07-16-2015 09:39 AM
96 ... 234
tools
    My favorite mount is very simple. MobileSpec Universal Cell Phone Magnetic Mount - Merchandise - MobileSpec

It comes with small metal plates that you either stick to the back of the phone, or as I did; I put them inside the back cover, on top of the battery. No effect on reception or anything else as far as I can tell. The phone sticks to the rubber-covered magnet and stays put however you place it.
    11-04-2014 03:52 PM
    Thanks! I did see the dimensions that iOttie provides. 3.2 inches is 8.13 cm. The N4 without the case is 7.86 cm. That leaves 0.27 cm or 2.7 mm. I figured there is no case in the world that would be 1.35mm thick (on either side) that would allow for N4 with a case to fit... I guess I have to wait for the iOttie XL to be updated.
    11-04-2014 05:20 PM
    The iottie works great even with the spigen slim armor case

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-04-2014 05:37 PM
    "The iottie works great even with the spigen slim armor case "

the easy touch 2 or the XL?
    11-04-2014 06:24 PM
    Here is a new car mount that It claims it's a universal mount for any smartphone, with or with out a case. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-mount-for-an
    Car mount for the Note4-xformer-note-edge-mr.jpg
    I have backed this project. It looks really cool.
    01-21-2015 03:21 PM
    Thanks to this forum for sharing the info about car mounts for the Galaxy Note 4! I'm shopping for a car mount for my husband's birthday.

Regarding the iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder, a few people noted in the Amazon reviews that the car mount made an indented mark on their dashboard. The photos don't look good. Has anyone else had this problem? I like the extendable arm on the iOttie.

Also, I read that car mounts can no longer be attached to the windshield in California. Would people please share where you attach your car mounts?

For those that attach your car mount to a car vent, doesn't it totally block the air flow from the vent?

Thanks for your help!
    03-10-2015 12:18 AM
    Thanks to this forum for sharing the info about car mounts for the Galaxy Note 4! I'm shopping for a car mount for my husband's birthday.

Regarding the iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder, a few people noted in the Amazon reviews that the car mount made an indented mark on their dashboard. The photos don't look good. Has anyone else had this problem? I like the extendable arm on the iOttie.

Also, I read that car mounts can no longer be attached to the windshield in California. Would people please share where you attach your car mounts?

For those that attach your car mount to a car vent, doesn't it totally block the air flow from the vent?

Thanks for your help!
    If you want to get him the best mounting system (in my opinion), see this:
    Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA
    It comes in two parts:
    The first is a mounting bracket that is custom made for your particular car. It attaches with no glue or screws, and is extremely solid.
    The second is the phone holder that is made specifically for the Note 4 without a case OR there is an adjustable one that will fit the Note 4 with almost any case.
    I've been using ProClip for my last 4 phones and it is a great product.
    CassieP likes this.
    03-10-2015 08:43 AM
    Hi tsells,
    Thanks for your reply! The ProClip car mounts look pretty good and like they won't damage the dashboard. I guess I'll have to talk to my husband to see which style he'd like. I appreciate your help.
    03-11-2015 05:37 PM
    Hi tsells,
    Thanks for your reply! The ProClip car mounts look pretty good and like they won't damage the dashboard. I guess I'll have to talk to my husband to see which style he'd like. I appreciate your help.
    Mine attaches to the dashboard using the seams (in the dashboard). Proclip gives you a tool to spread the seam to attach it. It's pretty ingenious and works great. It does not block any air vents or radio controls (but that depends on your particular vehicle as to where it attaches). It is extremely secure and is easy to remove if you change vehicles.
    03-11-2015 06:12 PM
    Here is a thread I made about this topic some time ago. It combines the ProClip USA mount with the iOttie Easy Touch 2. Holds Note 4 while in S-View Wireless Case and others. Check it. I have some pics as well. Worked with Urban Armor Gear and Spigen Neo Hybrid too.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...all-mount.html
    03-13-2015 01:43 AM
    Well, I am having this Universal car Mobile Holder hope that it will also works! with your note 4.
    03-13-2015 03:53 AM
    Anyone tried with a sticky pad?
    03-13-2015 07:24 AM
    I've been using this thing http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Win...cUvbUpU4282927
    It's not the prettiest, but it fits my note 4 with my otterbox symmetry on it, it even fits my 7" Tab 3 lol
    03-13-2015 02:07 PM
    What would be a good car mount for the Note 4?
    You may have found what you need, by now, but the iBolt xPro is an awesome dock and works with the S3, S4, S5, S6, and all Notes, in virtually any case. It performs well and is sturdy.
    04-29-2015 06:24 PM
    Nice idea. I just got my Note 4 this week and have had my iBolt xPro for over a year. I'll have to give this a shot tomorrow. Patiently awaiting my Otterbox Commuter Case!
    04-30-2015 12:58 AM
    I'm still using my iBolt but I put the phone in upside down and than twist it right side up in the cradle because otherwise the grips lay right on the volume rocker. A minor inconvenience but i don't want to do anything that will damage the phone.
    Nice idea. I just got my Note 4 this week and have had my iBolt xPro for over a year. I'll have to give this a shot tomorrow. Patiently awaiting my Otterbox Commuter Case!
    04-30-2015 01:01 AM
    I have an Exomount 2 that I bought to hold my old S3 and old GPS. I now use it on my Note 4 and it works with either of my cases which are the Diztronic and the Samsung Protective Case.

It still works great.
    04-30-2015 01:07 AM
    Quick charge car charger

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-15-2015 11:06 AM
    If you want to get him the best mounting system (in my opinion), see this:
    Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA
    It comes in two parts:
    The first is a mounting bracket that is custom made for your particular car. It attaches with no glue or screws, and is extremely solid.
    The second is the phone holder that is made specifically for the Note 4 without a case OR there is an adjustable one that will fit the Note 4 with almost any case.
    I've been using ProClip for my last 4 phones and it is a great product.
    I seriously considered the ProClip car mount but ended up purchasing the Craigs Docks at roughly twice the cost. Reasons were the ProClip is both phone & car specific meaning you have to replace one or the other or both pieces when you change phones/cars so despite the initial cost being less in my case in at most 2 years I'd have to spend more to continue using it & the Craigs Docks is a true dock besides being a car mount in that it not only continually charges the phone it puts the phone in the native car dock mode when the phone is inserted in the Craigs Docks mount. On my phone the Samsung native car dock mode triggers my Car Home Ultra app so the only time I have to touch the screen is if it's locked. The Craigs Dock is constructed of all aluminum, no plastic or springs to wear out/break. It will fit any phone with or w/o a case and/or extended battery and works with any vehicle so it is truly universal. It's expensive, in the $70-100 range depending on how you configure it but it will be the last car mount/dock you'll ever buy. I've never owned a dock prior to the Craigs Docks & the increase in functionality & ease of use is IMO truly remarkable.
    07-15-2015 03:26 PM
    I seriously considered the ProClip car mount but ended up purchasing the Craigs Docks at roughly twice the cost. Reasons were the ProClip is both phone & car specific meaning you have to replace one or the other or both pieces when you change phones/cars so despite the initial cost being less in my case in at most 2 years I'd have to spend more to continue using it & the Craigs Docks is a true dock besides being a car mount in that it not only continually charges the phone it puts the phone in the native car dock mode when the phone is inserted in the Craigs Docks mount. On my phone the Samsung native car dock mode triggers my Car Home Ultra app so the only time I have to touch the screen is if it's locked. The Craigs Dock is constructed of all aluminum, no plastic or springs to wear out/break. It will fit any phone with or w/o a case and/or extended battery and works with any vehicle so it is truly universal. It's expensive, in the $70-100 range depending on how you configure it but it will be the last car mount/dock you'll ever buy. I've never owned a dock prior to the Craigs Docks & the increase in functionality & ease of use is IMO truly remarkable.
    I just looked at the Craigsdock website and it does look really good.
    FYI, I use the Proclip Universal mount for the phone which adjusts to fit my Note 4 with a case (and it will fit other phones and/or cases). And you do have to get a new Proclip car mount whenever you get a different car (but that's what is good about Proclip), because it attaches to any car without suction cups, adhesives, etc, and is extremely solid.
    Proclip and Craigsdock both appear to be premium products.
    07-15-2015 05:50 PM
    I just looked at the Craigsdock website and it does look really good.
    FYI, I use the Proclip Universal mount for the phone which adjusts to fit my Note 4 with a case (and it will fit other phones and/or cases). And you do have to get a new Proclip car mount whenever you get a different car (but that's what is good about Proclip), because it attaches to any car without suction cups, adhesives, etc, and is extremely solid.
    Proclip and Craigsdock both appear to be premium products.
    The one feature the ProClip has that I prefer is that it attaches to the dash w/o adhesive whereas the Craigs Dock the way I have it mounted uses adhesive. You could also mount the Craigs Dock w/ a suction cup but for where I wanted my phone mounted that wasn't an option. The dock feature though more than makes up for having to use an adhesive mount. Now, instead of adjusting the phone's settings for a car mount all I have to do is slide it in the Craigs Dock. I highly recommend the Car Home Ultra app too. Mine is set to disable Wi-Fi which I'm always forgetting to do when I leave the house & it auto dims the screen at night. Those are just 2 of the many features this app has. The digital speedometer is easier for me to read than my car's speedometer & it has a compass, temperature & street name displayed on the home screen. It has 8 screens you can add apps, contacts etc. to & music options. It is a lot easier to use when driving because the icons are much larger than the phone's.
    tsells likes this.
    07-16-2015 09:39 AM
96 ... 234