Car mount for the Note4

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So the proclip has the power connector connected to the dock? Then I just slip my phone in and it charges? Or is that wrong?
If it doesn't do that, are there any that do?

Posted via Android Central App

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
No I use this mount everyday with my Note 2 and occasionally with my Nexus 7. GPS/Navigation work perfectly fine.

The Navigation when moving doesn't depend on the compass so it would be okay. It's when you are going slow less than 5 mph or stopped that the direction of the arrow will not be pointing in the correct direction or the map will be flipped around.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I use the Iottie and it works well. I had considered some of the more expensive mounts but those are specifics to cars and phones. The Iottie is a nice and universal one and fits all makes of phones and cars. The suction mount seems to be the better of most.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned the Akron Mega Grip car mount earlier on this thread and thought I'd post a link to it. It does fit the N4 w/ a protective case.

Arkon Mega Grip Universal Smartphone Car Mounts - Best Holder and Dock for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S 5C Galaxy Note 4 3 S5 S4 Phablets

Amazon has considerably lower prices. I've used mine for 4 years in 3 cars and it looks like the day I got it. Highly recommended.

If you're considering a car dock that has charging ability keep in mind none of them that I'm aware of offers the Quick Charge 2.0 feature.

Last edited:

deltaden

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Velcro!

I just stick a one or two inch piece vertically on a flat part of the dash (mine is to the left of the media center screen) on my Silverado and the other piece stuck vertically in the center of the phone case (mine is a simple rubber type stock case from Verizon),
No cost and you can remove it any time you wish.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've used ProClip mounts for my last three phones but it may not be an option for me if I get the Note 4. I like having a power connector on the dock, but looking at the mount options for the Note 3, I'd either have to carry the Note 4 without a case or use an Otterbox case. I guess the universal mounts with power connectors weren't very popular or too expensive to make. They discontinued of the universal mount w/power connector they used to have for the S4.

I'm on my fourth phone with a ProClip and my second mount. There really is no better car mounting solution. It is the gold standard (and you pay a little extra for that). I don't use the power connector models -- I prefer to plug the microUSB into my phone rather than jam the phone onto the microUSB plug.

That said, I've always used the ProClip holders designed to fit my device without a case, which means I'm always taking the case off when I get into the car. This time, I'd like to go for the universal model that they suggest for the Note 3 (and presumably will for the virtually identically sized Note 4) for use with a case other than an Otterbox. The problem is that the device thickness (i.e., depth) limit of that universal model is 10 mm, and the Note 4 has a depth of 8.5mm. Wouldn't most cases add more than 1.5 mm of thickness? There is another universal model that accommodates devices of the same width as the first one, but its minimum thickness is 9 mm -- enough for a Note 4 with a case, but 0.5 mm bigger than the 8.5 mm thickness of the Note 4 without a case

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So the proclip has the power connector connected to the dock? Then I just slip my phone in and it charges? Or is that wrong?
If it doesn't do that, are there any that do?

Correct. It has a built in micro-usb connector with a vehicle adapter power cable. You just slide the phone in and, as long as you leave the mount plugged in, away you go.

You can also buy versions designed to be hard wired into your vehicle (and not use a cigarette lighter).

They are designed to be used with naked phones though, so that's a drawback if you like cases.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I just ordered one of these too, I like the adjustability and how you lock the adjustment in place instead of just relying on friction or on some bendable stalk. I also like that you can extend it towards you, that way I can position the phone to be over the AC vents to help keep it cool.

I just have to ask, what does "diffidently" mean?

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I got tired of getting new mounts every time too. Invested in a Ram mount with the x-clip. Got one mobile phone size and one for my iPad Air. Works like a champ.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a mount for my note 2 that's almost a tad big. Maybe my N4 will fit and I won't have to buy a new one!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

salena_3d

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
The ExoMount Touch, ExoMount Touch Air, or the ExoMount CD from Exogear would be good for the Note 4.

Check them out on Amazon or OpenSky.

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking the only perfect solution is to use two depending on the season.

Suction is nice and it's on the dashboard and out of the way of air vents/car display. Problem is in the summer they always fall off (park your car outside in 90-100 degree weather for a few hours and there is no amount of suction that will keep it on).

The CD slot/air vent mounts are good in that they don't fall off in the heat. But then in the winter they block your vents and lead to hot air blowing on your phone.

So my solution is just use two and switch off. Or I guess getting a permanent/adhesive fixture on your dashboard is also a solution!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking the only perfect solution is to use two depending on the season.

Suction is nice and it's on the dashboard and out of the way of air vents/car display. Problem is in the summer they always fall off (park your car outside in 90-100 degree weather for a few hours and there is no amount of suction that will keep it on).

The CD slot/air vent mounts are good in that they don't fall off in the heat. But then in the winter they block your vents and lead to hot air blowing on your phone.

So my solution is just use two and switch off. Or I guess getting a permanent/adhesive fixture on your dashboard is also a solution!
I know it's a bit pricey, but the perfect solution really is ProClip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze