10-14-2014 01:53 PM
207 12345 ...
tools
    Well.. I buckled, went ahead and preordered the Note 4 with Verizon, online... Don't want to deal with the blockheads in the store - they told me I wouldn't be able to pay my ETF (to keep my existing device-S4) and get the N4 on the Edge, that I would have to wait until my 2yr contract ended. Right, I'll pay an ETF, and still be tied down to my contract... SURE, GUY!

The rep online, and on the phone both told me the same thing - I'll have to pay my $200 remaining balance for the S4 and I can keep it. Good enough for me... Now if we could speed this next 22 days, that'd be great.
    Verizon reps are blockheads indeed. A couple years ago T-Mo ticked me off (and I can't even remember why now!) so I thought I'd stick it to them and switch to Verizon. It was an expensive and frustrating mistake. Back then I was switching off and on between an HTC Rezound and a BlackBerry 9930. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to switch between devices! I was trying to do it online and I couldn't figure out the site. I called a rep and she was walking me through it. At a certain point it became clear what I was supposed to do and I said "Oh, I see. Now I just click the link at the top right corner of the page?" The rep yelled back "NO! I'll tell you what to do. Now, click the link at the top right corner of the page..." Another time I noticed that my Rezound was showing Android System using like 40% of the battery. As we all know, Android System typically is in the single digits of battery consumption. I took it to Verizon to see what was up. The rep stared at my battery monitor page for a few seconds and said "Oh, that's just how Androids work. It's supposed to be like that." Sigh.

I switched back to T-Mo 4 months later, and now I have a regular rep that I see when it's time for my JUMP upgrade. He's knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to because we have similar tastes in phones. We joke that we have a standing 6 month date. I guess I take good store service for granted now!
    10-03-2014 10:56 AM
    Nice! If I buy from China I better put a move on cuz it usually takes at least a week to get here. I need a cheap screen protector as well cuz I know I'm just gonna sell this when the Note 5 releases : P

Posted via Android Central App
    I don't want a screen protector with that rounded glass. I like the way it feels when swiping near the edge. A screen protector would mess that up for me.

Then again...I do like to keep my device in pristine condition...damn.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-03-2014 11:10 AM
    Man...

Really wish Samsung would adopt Apples method of quickly releasing phones after they announce it.
    That's the one area they need to be like apple
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    10-03-2014 11:56 AM
    I hate waiting........Hate it but at least I can look for some videos on S pen functionality so when it comes I can note like a pro
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-03-2014 12:09 PM
    We have to wait 17 more days for this phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Get Butters to bury and freeze you in a field of snow and wake you on launch
    brucedbr likes this.
    10-03-2014 01:34 PM
    I hate waiting........Hate it but at least I can look for some videos on S pen functionality so when it comes I can note like a pro
    I hear you. I used S-pen with my Note 2 and Note 3 but not even half of the features the pen comes with. I used it primarily to take notes (Action Memo) and to take screenshots.... I have a hard time taking screenshots with palm swipe motion.

S-pen is one of the major reasons I go for the Note series. Otherwise I would have gone for the S series or LG G3.
    10-03-2014 01:41 PM
    I hear you. I used S-pen with my Note 2 and Note 3 but not even half of the features the pen comes with. I used it primarily to take notes (Action Memo) and to take screenshots.... I have a hard time taking screenshots with palm swipe motion.

S-pen is one of the major reasons I go for the Note series. Otherwise I would have gone for the S series or LG G3.
    It looks like it can and will be very useful. Probably one of the top 3 real features of the note. I'm looking forward to it
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-03-2014 01:43 PM
    I don't want a screen protector with that rounded glass. I like the way it feels when swiping near the edge. A screen protector would mess that up for me.

Then again...I do like to keep my device in pristine condition...damn.
    With little kids a tempered glass screen protector is a must for me, even more so than a case!

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    reesh11 likes this.
    10-03-2014 01:47 PM
    Great thing is I can still enjoy my note 3 in the meantime.
    Katrina White1 and mchi5 like this.
    10-03-2014 04:34 PM
    I find myself watching the same videos and looking at the same pictures of the Note 4 in hand, over and over. I think I have a problem
    HAHA! Me too. I can almost quote the reviewers verbatim. But I'm not ashamed! lol
    10-03-2014 07:44 PM
    Well, I will not be able to get the note 4. I exchanged my G3 for a note 3.
    Why aren't you able to get the note 4?
    10-03-2014 10:03 PM
    "Why aren't you able to get the note 4?"

Because I don't have the money for the note 4. I'm very happy with my note 3. I'll most likely wait until the note 5 comes out before I'll upgrade.
    10-03-2014 10:21 PM
    Been waiting for this spigen tough armor case with kickstand to be available. Saw it today and it's a steal. I ordered one in gunmetal. Don't really need kickstand but love the look of the case overall! And at $13.99 shipped it's a no brainer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MAW...ref=mp_s_a_1_2

brucedbr likes this.
    10-06-2014 11:14 AM
    HAHA! Me too. I can almost quote the reviewers verbatim. But I'm not ashamed! lol
    Well as for me, I have gone back to BestBuy twice already just to play with the phone (and no other purposes at all).
    Katrina White1 and TheDonJ77 like this.
    10-06-2014 11:38 AM
    It's okay. We allllll understand! I pass BB twice a day to and from work. My car almost automatically turns in. ;-)

Posted via Galaxy Note 3
    Tarek53180 and prakash99 like this.
    10-06-2014 11:45 AM
    If it was on my way to or from work, BB would have been my daily pilgrimage!!
    10-06-2014 11:48 AM
    If it was on my way to or from work, BB would have been my daily pilgrimage!!
    Truuuuuee. The one I pre ordered from is 45 min away. This weekend is my birthday you can bet I'll be on there Saturday with bells on!

Posted via Android Central App
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-06-2014 12:00 PM
    I went back to BB yesterday to pre-order my phones (see another thread--didn't work out) but I couldn't even get to the Note 4s, as there were already about 5 people surrounding the phone (no one around the iPhone 6 and 6+, so I guess the early adopters are done with the iPhones). But the Samsung Experience guy was so nice while we were trying to figure out the pre-order mess. My toddler is in love with the S-Pen she tried with the N4 last week (bad news for me) and the Samsung guy let her play with the Note 10.1 and S-Pen while we waited. She was in heaven! She's going to freak when the Note 12.2 eventually makes it way to our house later (it's shipping to my mom, and we'll "sneak" it past my DH into the house).
    Tarek53180 likes this.
    10-06-2014 01:46 PM
    I went back to BB yesterday to pre-order my phones (see another thread--didn't work out) but I couldn't even get to the Note 4s, as there were already about 5 people surrounding the phone (no one around the iPhone 6 and 6+, so I guess the early adopters are done with the iPhones). But the Samsung Experience guy was so nice while we were trying to figure out the pre-order mess. My toddler is in love with the S-Pen she tried with the N4 last week (bad news for me) and the Samsung guy let her play with the Note 10.1 and S-Pen while we waited. She was in heaven! She's going to freak when the Note 12.2 eventually makes it way to our house later (it's shipping to my mom, and we'll "sneak" it past my DH into the house).
    We don't see many people around iPhones at BestBuy because iPhone fans like to hang out at the Apple Store. The other day I was walking past an Apple Store at the Mall and it was crowded like a popular bar.
    Shelacios and TheDonJ77 like this.
    10-06-2014 01:50 PM
    We don't see many people around iPhones at BestBuy because iPhone fans like to hang out at the Apple Store. The other day I was walking past an Apple Store at the Mall and it was crowded like a popular bar.
    I bought the Ipad air at bestbuy since they offer reward points unlike apple lol. Same reason why I woukd buy my phones there if they offered t-mobile

prakash99 and Tarek53180 like this.
    10-06-2014 01:55 PM
    Wait guess I'm late to the party but best buy has the note 4 on display? If so I'm gonna go check them out!

10-06-2014 02:03 PM
    Wait guess I'm late to the party but best buy has the note 4 on display? If so I'm gonna go check them out!

Yes

mchi5 likes this.
    10-06-2014 02:14 PM

Very late lol
    10-06-2014 02:43 PM
    Are the note 4 on display at best buy mobile centers or just the regular best buy stores? Bec I got a best buy mobile store in my mall that's super close

10-06-2014 02:58 PM
    Are the note 4 on display at best buy mobile centers or just the regular best buy stores? Bec I got a best buy mobile store in my mall that's super close

In my town, Best Buy store had it on display but not at the BBM at the Mall.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-06-2014 03:06 PM
207 12345 ...