Hey y'all!
    I'm going to try and get through to a VZW agent today to ask this, but I don't suspect I'll have any luck. Plus they probably won't know anyway, so I'm asking all the smart people!

I'm going to be "Edging Up" when the N4 comes out. I'm wondering...can, or should I try and pre-order an N4 from one of the VZW stores, or can you do it if you're going to use your Edge Plan? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    10-02-2014 02:32 PM
    Never mind. I just called the call center and they said that I can indeed preorder even with the Edge plan. So I called one of the stores to make sure they're still taking preorders (one of the stores told me they weren't) and they said they were. So when I get off work, I'm going to a VZW store to preorder!
    10-02-2014 03:05 PM
    Never mind. I just called the call center and they said that I can indeed preorder even with the Edge plan. So I called one of the stores to make sure they're still taking preorders (one of the stores told me they weren't) and they said they were. So when I get off work, I'm going to a VZW store to preorder!
    I'm assuming you are not on edge already. If you don't want to just give Verizon your current phone then put another phone on the line and you can sell your current one. Whichever phone is on your line when you upgrade you have to turn in to Verizon or they will charge $200 on your next bill..
    10-02-2014 03:34 PM
    Crimson makes a good point for first time EDGErs ... but once in the program you must return the phone you EDGEd up to. I am sending back a Lumia Icon to EDGE up to my N4 (even though I am using an N3 from eBay).
    10-02-2014 03:37 PM
    Yeah, I'm already on Edge. In fact, I have 2 more payments before my 60% mark, so I'll have to come out of pocket about $60 when I Edge Up.
    10-02-2014 03:42 PM
    I'm assuming you are not on edge already. If you don't want to just give Verizon your current phone then put another phone on the line and you can sell your current one. Whichever phone is on your line when you upgrade you have to turn in to Verizon or they will charge $200 on your next bill..
    This is totally false. You only turn in an Edge agreement phone. It's like a car lease. They only want the car you leased. What if you didn't own a phone before you signed up for Edge?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-02-2014 06:38 PM
    He is talking about the first time you sign up for edge. I regret not doing this, as I had a working Rezound, but turned in an S4.... Should have put the rezound on the account and turned that in.
    10-02-2014 08:26 PM
    When I first signed up for Edge, I was told I had to turn in the phone I had, even though it was NOT financed under Edge and it was NOT under contract. I had, in fact, purchased that one off of eBay. I've since learned that guy LIED to me and probably did something with my phone. This time, however, I'm on Edge and I'm "Edging Up."

I had a GREAT experience at the VZW store I went to. Not only did the guy I spoke with do my Edge Up plan, but he showed me how I can get a better plan for the same money. Apparently they just made some price changes to their More Everything Plan. I was on an old plan where I paid a total of about $130 plus taxes, including my $30 phone payment, and I had 450 voice minutes, 1000 texts, and 6gb of Data. He showed me I could go on their More Everything Plan, which was a $40 voice/text access and 10GB of Data a month, which was just lowered to 80/month, making my total $120. I add the $35 for my Edge Payment brings it to $155, however because I'm on a 10 GB a month plan, they take $25/per month credit off my bill, bringing it back down to $130!! And, he got my work email address to check for a discount. I just started this job and was never told we get a discount at Verizon, 8% discount off of my data plan, which would knock about $6 off. Hey...every little bit helps and I now have a better plan, for a little bit cheaper, counting my discount!!

Only thing that bummed me out was the system is showing my black Note 3 isn't shipping until about the 23rd at this point. Means I have to wait most of the month, unless it's bumped up earlier

With this kind of service, I'll never leave Verizon!!
    10-02-2014 09:07 PM