Note 4 VZW, Edge and the Sammy $200 promo?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen this discussed before, but can you, on Verizon, do a new Edge plan, trade in a phone worth at least $10 and still qualify for the $190 back directly from Samsung?

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: VZW, Edge and the Sammy $200 promo?

You can't apply the 'value' of an Edge phone that you are returning. i.e. you have a Note 3 for a year and you return it to Verizon to get the Note 4.

But, if you trade in ANOTHER smartphone then, Yes, you can do the $200 promo.

I haven't seen this discussed before, but can you, on Verizon, do a new Edge plan, trade in a phone worth at least $10 and still qualify for the $190 back directly from Samsung?

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site

You can't apply the 'value' of an Edge phone that you are returning. i.e. you have a Note 3 for a year and you return it to Verizon to get the Note 4.

But, if you trade in ANOTHER smartphone then, Yes, you can do the $200 promo.
I wonder if that would work. It might be time to trade in my Droid charge for 200 bucks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if that would work. It might be time to trade in my Droid charge for 200 bucks

Verizon's website lists the value at $8,so it wouldn't qualify. Though perhaps another source can give you more

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm curious to find out if you can qualify for the $200 promo with a new Edge plan... I know the promo isn't through VZW but I spoke to a VZW customer service rep and was told it's unlikely I would qualify by doing it through Edge. According to him, those promos aren't for those kinds of plans. I'm so confused!!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Verizon doesn't have anything to do with Samsung's $200 offer. You simply trade in old phone to Verizon, then once you get the Note 4 from Verizon, go back to Samsung's offer page submit proof of trade in and the required info from your note 4 which confirms your pre order purchase of the note 4.

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I keep seeing everyone talk about this deal.

Where can I go to see about it?

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Verizon doesn't have anything to do with Samsung's $200 offer. You simply trade in old phone to Verizon, then once you get the Note 4 from Verizon, go back to Samsung's offer page submit proof of trade in and the required info from your note 4 which confirms your pre order purchase of the note 4.

Yes I know the Samsung offer isnt from Verizon, but the VZW rep told me in his experience with past promos it's highly unlikely I'll be able to receive the offer once Samsung reads the pre-order receipt and sees it's through the Edge program because I'm paying 0 upfront & only making small monthly payments for the N4. Is his assumption accurate? I have no clue, but I emailed Samsung/prizelogic & hope to hear something back soon.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Yes I know the Samsung offer isnt from Verizon, but the VZW rep told me in his experience with past promos it's highly unlikely I'll be able to receive the offer once Samsung reads the pre-order receipt and sees it's through the Edge program because I'm paying 0 upfront & only making small monthly payments for the N4. Is his assumption accurate? I have no clue, but I emailed Samsung/prizelogic & hope to hear something back soon.

You are buying a what, $699 phone? The fact that you and VZW have an additional agreement on how you will pay that off would have no bearing on the $200 rebate. You are contractually agreeing to spend $699 with Verizon. Can't imagine (other than Samsung mucking it up) that doing it via Edge eliminates the qualification for the Samsung rebate.

Here's the posted terms and conditions. Nothing says 'no Edge' or 'No AT&T Next' or whatever.

https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/note4/en-us/Rules

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

That's what I'm hoping for cause I really don't want to be forced to sign a new contract. I want to be able to give it back and "Edge up" to the Note 5 next year lol

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Your still pre ordering a Note 4 from Verizon. Edge only allows you to pay for the phone with installments, but you still bought the phone out right. The trade in and the pre order is all Samsung needs.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon