10-28-2014 08:13 AM
56 123
tools
    What's the difference in outer design between 6+ and the notes as far as the sizes are?
    10-05-2014 05:56 AM
    Please keep in mind that derailing threads by trolling (and accusing others of trolling) and other unproductive comments are inappropriate and in violation of forum rules. If you have an issue with a post, please ignore it and move on with your life or if you feel it violates the forum rules, hit the report button.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend.
    Paul627g, Almeuit and Husker82 like this.
    10-05-2014 09:07 AM
    Am I wrong the camera doesn't seem as fast or as good in night time as iPhone 6 Plus. Speakers are not as good now (at back.)
    Phone 20 percent heavier but not much increase in battery life. Knox still there and other stuff that just doesn't work or takes up memory e.g smart scroll and most of the S Stuff. Not waterproof. (I know the pluses better screen etc).
    Seriously thinking of defecting to iPhone 6 Plus or wait for the HTC or nexus x. I don't use the pen much
    I was hoping much better battery . Slimmer lighter etc... still annoyed my note 2 has better battery than my note 3 felt samsung lied to me on this.
    Or wait till note 5 now samsung has real competition?

Posted via Android Central App
    Honestly if you aren't using the notes biggest feature, the pen, you really aren't getting a whole lot out of your phone in comparison to others.

I mean of course the screen is nice and all that jazz, but you're not getting the most out of your phone, also it seems that you don't like Samsung's software.

Samsung has no incentive to change anything outside of the build quality for the next note, and the note itself feature wise hasn't really changed much since the note 2.

It's probably best to consider HTC, LG or Apple at this point and coming back to Samsung in a few years.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    Brad Steele likes this.
    10-05-2014 09:41 AM
    What's the difference in outer design between 6+ and the notes as far as the sizes are?
    Same size basically, but the iPhone has the longer bezel.

TeritorialDemon likes this.
    10-05-2014 09:41 AM
    Thanks everyone for your comments
    to clarify I'm currently using the note 3 and been relative happy with it with the exception of night-time photos and the battery life. I did find the note 2 camera to be almost as good and the note 2 battery to be better.
    I used the new iPhone 6 Plus in the UK last week I was very impressed with the camera. I also used the new note 4 admittedly for only an hour and really did not have enough time to mess around with the settings however I did find the camera to be a little slower and not a sharp in low light. But I'm hoping to see results that will show different results.

Basically what I was hoping for in the new note 4 was a slimmer lighter phone with a much better battery life and a great camera and without those extra through gimmicks like golf mode by the way does anyone ever use the golf mode

Regarding the additional memory card.. the memory card seems that is now becoming a limited feature as it can only be used for basically music and photos which reduces it's use dramatically.. and most of the third party photo apps which are very good the photographs cannot be stored on the memory card so I would just prefer to buy a note with a much bigger internal memory

As I mentioned I'm not a lover of iOS however I do feel it's catching up but I'll probably wait for the new Nexus Z
    Or the next HTC or another phone that fits my needs better.

These are just my personal views and if other people agree the next note 5 will be awesom is samsung reads these forums

10-05-2014 10:20 AM
    I have been wondering the opposite of the OP. I have had all of the Note phones but I have also had all of the iPhones. I have preordered the iPhone 6 plus and am waiting impatiently for it. But I'm starting to think that if my iPhone doesn't come by the 17th, I may just pick up the Note 4 and cancel my order. I am really torn. I love iOS. But I like the features of the Note 4. I like Siri better than I like s voice, but I like the spen functionality. I hate that I have to wait for my iPhone to come in the mail for two months. But I hate the way Google does software updates. I guess I will leave it in God's hands. If the iPhone doesn't come by the 17th, it wasn't meant to be.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
    10-06-2014 01:02 PM
    I have had the first note after dumping my work provided iPhone 4, then had to decide between the note 3 and the G2, but I just couldn't give up the S-pen, which makes remote desktop work immensely more usable. Even bought a second battery (6 months ago, 3 for the i717) but it is still in the packaging because of fast charging. Unfortunately, I cannot justify the cost of upgrading to the note 4, although would consider the edge if it comes to Canada... as for the 6+, it's bigger than the note, and just too much like the iPhone 1-5
    10-06-2014 08:17 PM
    There is no way in hell I'd give up the note like e for the iPhone 6 was at best buy to look at the note 4 and just walked over to have a look at the iPhone and in two seconds said no way this is a downgrade from my note 3 it looks cheap if you ask me

10-08-2014 02:06 AM
    Agreed, i6 is a downgrade from the Note 3
    10-09-2014 03:04 PM
    There is no way in hell I'd give up the note like e for the iPhone 6 was at best buy to look at the note 4 and just walked over to have a look at the iPhone and in two seconds said no way this is a downgrade from my note 3 it looks cheap if you ask me

I don't think that the iPhone 6 Plus looks cheap at all, it is a very sexy device and having an iPhone that size is very attractive. I couldn't wait to preorder one. However, I did just. Recently order the Note 4 with the intention of returning the iPhone 6 Plus when I receive it. I had played with the Note 4 at BestBuy and fell in love with the device. The rep there showed me some of the new features that it had and I was sold. Needed to have one. I said that I wasn't going to switch back to Android, but the Note 4 is just that good.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 01:35 AM
    On the one hand I am a bit reluctant to jump in here as I am an Android newbie.

I have been a dedicated Apple customer for a long time now. With the exception of one Windows based laptop I keep around, the home computers are all Macbook Pros of one generation or the other.

My current smartphone is a Verizon iPhone 4. Why a 4? Because I simply did not see anything compelling about a 4S or any version of iPhone 5 that I might consider. So I just kept it and kept it. Granted it served me well. That said, you could see where the firmware updates from Apple were pushing you away from the 4 and toward anything newer. Frankly I did not appreciate that and I am troubled with how dependent on Apple I had become. Recent issues with iTunes 11.4 just sort of reinforced my concern over being too dependent on Apple. Before this sounds like too much Apple bashing, I actually think they have done an almost superhuman job of not disappointing to any great degree through multiple OS upgrades and hardware changes.

Anyway, I waited and waiting holding onto my iPhone 4 long past when I could have changed it out. So why not the iPhone 6 or the 6 plus? For me, after such a long wait, neither does anything for me. The 6 is large without really offering any significant payoff for carting all that size around. So as large as the 6 plus is I would probably opt for it over the 6. But even there, it just seems to me to be more of what does not interest me in the 6. The 6 plus is not in my opinion a phablet. It is an overgrown smartphone.

My tendency is to hold onto my devices, protect them, care for them well and grow used to their pluses and minuses along the way. The N4 was the only device that in my view allowed me a phablet experience that had some legs....mainly because of the display, the horsepower and the S pen. This will be the first device that I can conveniently carry that will keep me from taking a laptop with me most times.

I do credit Apple for making the effort with the 6 and 6 plus. However I also recognize that they are in a different place than Samsung. Apple must worry IMO about how much they cut away at their tablet business if they make a true phablet. Samsung, having pioneered the phablet space is ready, willing and able to keep moving on that path. I also agree that the 6 and 6 plus are both too thin for my liking. Yet I have no desire to wrap a big bulky Otterbox around them. I am going to get a really good tempered glass screen protector for the N4 (already bought it) and will likely get something that give me some cushion and protects the camera lens and be done with it. Nothing bulky, nothing weighty...I just don't believe I will need it as long as I have excellent screen protection. Very impressed with the Samsung drop tests for the N4.

As for the earlier camera comments, it appears the N4 camera outperforms the 6 and 6 plus camera.

I know Apple will generate a ton of sales for their newest offerings. Many are totally devoted to Apple and I cannot argue that having such confidence is unjustified. For me, it was time for a departure and a move into what I considered a true phablet. There are at least three or four other devices that I would choose over a 6 or 6 plus based on that criteria. However the S pen just pushes my decision decidedly to the N4.
    10-15-2014 02:57 AM
    For me, it was time for a departure and a move into what I considered a true phablet. There are at least three or four other devices that I would choose over a 6 or 6 plus based on that criteria. However the S pen just pushes my decision decidedly to the N4.
    I agree with this and am taking the same direction.

Sent from my iPad Air using Swype and Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 04:29 AM
    Am I wrong the camera doesn't seem as fast or as good in night time as iPhone 6 Plus.
    Yes, you're wrong. Very wrong: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 wins our blind camera comparison, iPhone 6 is distant second
    10-15-2014 05:48 AM
    My camera seemed off at first but the auto brightness is too dim, try adding a little more, it helped. I will say my last two phones were the HTC one m8 and the original Moto X and this phone is not as "butter" as they were. I honestly love the phone though and haven't put it down since Monday. I was one of the lucky T-Mobile early shipped devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

Galaxy Note 4 T-Mobile
    10-15-2014 05:55 AM
    I'm only disappointed that it hasn't come yet... Well so far...I only looked at a BB model in store.
    10-15-2014 05:59 AM
    Yes you are wrong, my note 4 came in last for T-Mobile and this device is absolutely stellar. Excellent performance, speed, camera quality, responsiveness, etc, etc. I know it's brand spanking new but how anyone could be disappointed with this just doesn't make sense to me.....My $0.02
    10-15-2014 06:06 AM
    I'm not disappointed with it at all, it is quick just not as smooth as the last two devices that I had. Still haven't been able to put it down though, I get mesmerized looks g at the screen

Posted via the Android Central App

Galaxy Note 4 T-Mobile
    10-15-2014 07:29 AM
    I have the IPhone 6 plus. If you like ios then its great . The biggest problem I have is the cost. The 400 contract price tag for the 64gb plus is not worth it. It a nice phone it just too many Android phone that do similarly for cheaper. I will be exchanging it for the note 4. I thing the cost for performance is a better buy. At 299 with 32gb of storage that is expandable.
    10-15-2014 07:49 AM
    Got my Note 4 today and it has been pure joy playing around with it. Love it.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    10-18-2014 12:01 AM
    I've had every iPhone up to the 5. I switched to the N5 for a few weeks when it came out. I wasn't impressed with it at all. 1 the camera was patheticly slow and never snapped a good picture. 2 the battery life was weak. I waited till the iPhone 6 came out. The bigger screen was the main motivator for purchasing the N5. Then ios8 dropped and it made my iPad mini run really slow. ios8 was the worse release. I knew that android L will also be out soon. So I gave android another chance. I am typing this on my note 4. It's been great especially the s pen.

I think the industry is coming to a point of convergence. Apples hardware innovation is on a slow decline while android is on a rise. The opposite is also happening with the software. ios is become more open at the expense of stability. While android L is becoming more simplified. The hardware for android has bc so powerful it can make up for the sluggish software (touchwiz). You make any thing move fast with a large enough motor and fuel tank. I think apple is in for some decline. If android L can live up to the hype.
    10-18-2014 01:52 AM
    I'm amazed at how much better an experience it has actually been
    10-18-2014 02:12 AM
    I have to throw my thoughts in even though nobody cares. I gave up on iPhones after the 4. I didn't like the battery life, small screen and locked down crap. I've had literally every phone since then because I am an *****. I tried out a 5s for about a week. And every android phone in between. I have a iPhone 6 plus and a note 4 now and I must say that the iPhone really has made some big strides. I'm having a hard time giving that one up. The battery life is crazy good for me on the iPhone 6+. And siri really works better than Google now for me now.
    I never ever thought I would have a hard time giving up an iPhone but, it's really kinda nice. So is the note 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-18-2014 02:17 AM
    I have to throw my thoughts in even though nobody cares. I gave up on iPhones after the 4. I didn't like the battery life, small screen and locked down crap. I've had literally every phone since then because I am an *****. I tried out a 5s for about a week. And every android phone in between. I have a iPhone 6 plus and a note 4 now and I must say that the iPhone really has made some big strides. I'm having a hard time giving that one up. The battery life is crazy good for me on the iPhone 6+. And siri really works better than Google now for me now.
    I never ever thought I would have a hard time giving up an iPhone but, it's really kinda nice. So is the note 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yea I always heard that the battery was bad and that people that used an iPhone needed to be "wall huggers", but this just speaks for itself.

10-18-2014 07:52 PM
    Please keep in mind that derailing threads by trolling (and accusing others of trolling) and other unproductive comments are inappropriate and in violation of forum rules. If you have an issue with a post, please ignore it and move on with your life or if you feel it violates the forum rules, hit the report button.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend.
    Sorry . Just defensive about my note I guess lol
    10-18-2014 08:16 PM
    Buh bye

10-19-2014 04:09 AM
56 123