12-05-2014 01:22 PM
54 123
tools
    Am I'm missing something. I'm not seeing a whole of post regarding recommendations. I'm reading a bunch of horror stories and accusations. I'm getting the note 4 and would to get some real input. I've always keep my screen protected via cheapos on ebay and never had an issue but if there is a difference on screen protectors I'd like to get some insight. So please enlighten me.
    10-10-2014 09:50 AM
    I've always used those cheapo plastic screen protectors but I'm definitely wanting to try the tempered glass this time around.. Do they interrupt when used with a case? I would love leave my phone naked, but accidents happen so it's not a risk I'm willing to take.
    10-10-2014 10:31 AM
    I've always used those cheapo plastic screen protectors but I'm definitely wanting to try the tempered glass this time around.. Do they interrupt when used with a case? I would love leave my phone naked, but accidents happen so it's not a risk I'm willing to take.
    Depends on the case but I have used multiple cases on the note 3 with no problems with the tempered glass screen protector

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    Honey_184 likes this.
    10-10-2014 10:35 AM
    My Nillkin Tempered Glass Screen protector came yesterday from China. Cost $7.50 free shipping. I have another one coming but they won't ship that one until Oct 13th. Retooling for the round/curve edges of the Note 4, this one cost $6.99 free shipping.

My Note 3 which has been protected for 11 months with the same make/style case and and the same make/style temp glass screen I got for my Note 4. Selling the Note 3, which thanks to the case and screen protector is just like the day I took it out the box. When the Note 4 arrives, as soon as I carefully take it out the box, the first thing I will do is to put on the temp glass screen protector, and put it in the kickstand bumper case.

Just like there is a lot of talk of if one has a Note 3 no need to go to the Note 4, there is talk of no need for a Temp Glass screen or any screen protector for that matter. It boils down to all our opinions although different are CORRECT. Plus, I always get 2 or 3 cases, same with the temp glass. I will at least have a spare temp glass and a spare case..

I am a happy camper with temp glass.. Will be taking it to BB and do a real close comparison to a Note 4 with no screen protector to mine with the temp glass and see if I see any difference. I doubt if I will.
    keyzlife likes this.
    10-10-2014 12:20 PM
    One thing I found on the S5 that will most likely be the case with the Note 4, is if the glass protector is too thick, it makes the home key too recessed which could affect fingerprint scanning. It put the glas Tr nano slim on my wife's S5 and it was just slightly recessed and works fine. I added a aluminum home button on my note 3 with the glas Tr slim because the button was just too recessed for my liking. But with the fingerprint scanner, I guess a home button cover wouldn't be an option. Just something to keep in mind when looking at the different options available.

Sent from my SVF14N16CXS using Tapatalk
    AnnDroid likes this.
    10-10-2014 12:34 PM
    I had the Zerolemon glass protector but switched to a Moshi reusable and washable bubble free one now. It's much less reflective and doesn't create a glare. It's also super easy to apply... I have tried about 5 different types and this one is by far the best at $25 but AT&T is currently selling them for $5 as they are discontinuing the Note3 stock slowly. Your local store may have some.
    This one is not yet offered for the Note 4.
    10-10-2014 12:52 PM
    10-12-2014 05:37 PM
    With my Note 3, I couldn't use the air gestures (i.e. swipe over screen for screenshot) with the tempered glass on. Anyone else?
    10-12-2014 09:14 PM
    With my Note 3, I couldn't use the air gestures (i.e. swipe over screen for screenshot) with the tempered glass on. Anyone else?
    Never actually tried on my note 3. I didn't use the air gestures though.
    10-12-2014 11:04 PM
    No issues here. Air gestures worked without a hitch.

N3 via AC App
    10-12-2014 11:57 PM
    Not sure why people use these things. The Note 4 has Gorilla Glass 3 with an oil 'repelling' coating so anything you buy to cover it will be of much lower quality.

I guess if you keep your phone in a bag with keys or rocks I can see it but that would be another issue
    Some of us are just a little rougher on our devices. I work construction and every one in that line of work knows that sometimes you use whatever is available as a tool. My phone has been used for many other purposes than just a phone. It has served as a door stop, hammer, table top, paper weight, flashlight and much more. It has been dropped down stairwells, slid across concrete floors, dropped in wet cement, ran over by a car, and even thrown across the room when someone makes me mad...lol jk. Bottom line though some of us treat our phones like a tool rather than a precious jewel so a little extra protection gives peace of mind. I would go naked if I could but that's just asking for trouble in my situation.
    10-13-2014 12:14 AM
    Zagg Glass was the worst POS grease magnet for me on my Note 3. You couldn't clean it with a rub on the jeans, and couldn't see the screen in direct sunlight with it on either. I never realized just how bad it was - until I pulled it off last week. It's night and day vs. the stock Gorilla glass.

Agreed. I tried zagg glass and the protector was considerably smaller than the screen. It left a noticible gap on all four sides. An hour later the zagg slid off my screen. I used to always buy theur products but stopped a few years ago when the quality slipped. Decided to try them again when their glass protector came out. Never again.
    10-13-2014 12:17 AM
    Not sure why people use these things. The Note 4 has Gorilla Glass 3 with an oil 'repelling' coating so anything you buy to cover it will be of much lower quality.

I guess if you keep your phone in a bag with keys or rocks I can see it but that would be another issue
    With no screen protector I have had small scratches on the gorilla glass on my Note 3 from keeping it in my pocket with no other items. I have also dropped the phone on the corner of a glass table top, the center of my screen hit and it chipped the tempered glass. My wife has dropped hers twice and shattered the tempered glass. For me tempered glass is the only way to go, unless I carried the phone in a padded watertight, dust proof, padded brief case.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-13-2014 12:24 AM
    Invisibleshield $30 just for front. The thicker version. Easy to install yourself.

10-13-2014 12:26 AM
    Some of us are just a little rougher on our devices. I work construction and every one in that line of work knows that sometimes you use whatever is available as a tool. My phone has been used for many other purposes than just a phone. It has served as a door stop, hammer, table top, paper weight, flashlight and much more. It has been dropped down stairwells, slid across concrete floors, dropped in wet cement, ran over by a car, and even thrown across the room when someone makes me mad...lol jk. Bottom line though some of us treat our phones like a tool rather than a precious jewel so a little extra protection gives peace of mind. I would go naked if I could but that's just asking for trouble in my situation.
    Sounds like you need a Note 4 Active lol.

JimSmith94 likes this.
    10-13-2014 01:20 AM
    Why use a glass screen protector? I plan on using a regular screen protector + case with one built in.
    10-13-2014 02:03 AM
    Why use a glass screen protector? I plan on using a regular screen protector + case with one built in.
    Tempered Glass > Plastic

The cheap stuff is just that... Cheap

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-13-2014 02:43 AM
    I've used Halo screen protectors and they're very high quality for the price.

I'm not referring to the cheap universal ones now.
    10-13-2014 03:13 AM
    I've used Halo screen protectors and they're very high quality for the price.

I'm not referring to the cheap universal ones now.
    I know, but plastic can't compare. Not as scratch resistant, impossible to keep smear free or at least somewhat, feels horrible IMO too. We all have opinions though.

10-13-2014 03:17 AM
    One thing I found on the S5 that will most likely be the case with the Note 4, is if the glass protector is too thick, it makes the home key too recessed which could affect fingerprint scanning. It put the glas Tr nano slim on my wife's S5 and it was just slightly recessed and works fine. I added a aluminum home button on my note 3 with the glas Tr slim because the button was just too recessed for my liking. But with the fingerprint scanner, I guess a home button cover wouldn't be an option. Just something to keep in mind when looking at the different options available.

Sent from my SVF14N16CXS using Tapatalk
    Can you tell me where you got the home button for your note 3?
    10-13-2014 04:40 AM
    I was fine with my plastic screen protector until 2 days ago when my friend was talking about her tempered glass. Once I saw it then I started complaining about my plastic...lol

Of course there was small things that bothered me all along like fingerprints, smudges, tiny bubble, a small scratch, things I dismissed before.

And boy olé boy is it like night and day. With the glass you feel like your typing on the glass of the phone and it actually looks better, some fingerprints but no way as near as with the plastic. It actually looks like a brand new phone and I can't put the thing down (not that I ever did...lol).

So it's just one of the latest improvements pretty much.
    10-13-2014 04:58 AM
    If you're worried about a recessed button I guess Zagg Glass or something with a cutout with an open bottom would work best. I like this method better because it also makes installation much easier and no chance of misaligning the home button.

10-13-2014 05:13 AM
    Basicase ™ Black Decorated Aluminum Home Button Stickef For Samsung Galaxy Note 3 M201I Mobile Phone Apps Special Edition by Basicase http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GWYIEPQ/...cUvbUpU3957074

It matches the phone perfectly.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3
    10-13-2014 06:14 AM
    10-13-2014 06:29 AM
    Nvm, found answer on another thread here. =)
    10-13-2014 06:13 PM
54 123