10-13-2014 12:42 PM
73 123
tools
    What do you mean less branding? The huge apple on the back?

Posted via Android Central App
    Well I think you know they meant on the front. But I'll just add I felt the same want when looking at them. Coming from a nexus with a clean front, a giant Samsung stamped on top is quite noticeable.
    10-05-2014 08:37 PM
    I'm going with the white it just looks beautiful to me
    DreamSTi and TheDonJ77 like this.
    10-05-2014 09:51 PM
    I'm going with the white it just looks beautiful to me
    Same here
    10-05-2014 09:57 PM
    I have some really weird aversion to white phones, tablets, computers, etc. Don't really know why. I will just always prefer black or at least a very dark color (grey or dark blue is ok). I would have been ok with the white Nexus 5 because the front of the phone is black. So white backs aren't an issue, I guess. But if I get this phone - which I probably will unless the Nexus 6 knocks it out of the park - it'll be black for me.
    10-06-2014 12:49 PM
    I know that it's an illusion.... Black seems like the screen is bigger... Again.. Strictly an illusion 😀

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-06-2014 12:53 PM
    Get something in a nice "space grey".
    10-06-2014 03:58 PM
    Always preferred white Notes (2 is my all time favourite!) but 4 looks better in black.
    10-06-2014 04:33 PM
    I saw both a black and white Note 4 side-by-side today @ Best Buy. The back of the black one had a softer, more premium feel to it. The white one felt harder, more of a plastic feel. Even taping my fingernails on both I could tell the white one felt harder, more of a hard plastic feel.

Anyone else notice this?
    I agree. The Note 3 and even BlackBerry Z10 had this feel too.

I'm still undecided,
    10-06-2014 05:06 PM
    I have to admit that the white N4 looks awfully yummy, but my concern would be color transfer from my jeans or dirt. When I stopped by Best Buy to check out the N4's, which were both white, they were pretty filthy. I pre-ordered black before seeing the N4 in person, but I have my moments when I wonder if I should've chosen white. I'm sure the grimy hands of a 6 and 2 year old will help me feel better about my decision though.

N3 via Tapatalk
    10-06-2014 06:52 PM
    Had to order a white one from bb said they could not get the black on so I will use black sharpie on the front
    10-06-2014 08:09 PM
    yup same here I am not sure about the sharpie lol
    10-06-2014 09:26 PM
    Black. Always has been a black phone for me. I tried white with my GN 10.1 2014, and as a previous poster said, the white makes the screen look smaller. Also, the black just looks more professional to me. Black 'leather' just always looks good and premium IMO. I'll be using a clear case so she still shows in all her glory. The white is nice also. You really can't go wrong with either. It's a win/win.

Harlemknight likes this.
    10-06-2014 10:23 PM
    I'm on a 3 white phone streak(iphone 4/5 and a galaxy s4) and ALMOST went black on my note preorder. But I just can't move away for some reason. If you take care of them, not much beats the clean look.
    10-07-2014 01:17 AM
    Always preferred white Notes (2 is my all time favourite!) but 4 looks better in black.
    Interesting.... I am still using my White Note 2 (Still love it!) and I passed on an N3 because they only had black. I was planning on getting the 4 in White, but guess I will wait till I see both in person.
    10-07-2014 01:53 AM
    I'm I the only one that loves the gold one ??

10-08-2014 02:57 AM
    I am having the most difficult decision deciding.

I like the white front, I think it looks really nice. I also had the white S3 which I liked. Looking at a white phone just makes me happier for some reason. And conversely, looking at a black phone makes me feel the opposite. The white phone also looks more inviting and makes me feel more at ease/calm. I did check out the white Note 4 and black Note Edge as a proxy for black (no regular model available in black) as well as videos/pictures online.

However, since the Note line is much larger, the white back seems a bit much, perhaps too eye-catching? I need to use my phone in professional settings (graduate/professional school) and I don't know how I feel about taking out a phone with a humongous white (textured) back. I won't be in business meetings or anything like that so it won't be in super formal settings; the issue is more I suppose how self conscious I will feel knowing probably every single person's eye will be on the back of my giant white phone when I'm using it. The black on the other hand I know will have no problems with that and will be more discreet in use.

Help me decide! Thoughts? Right now I am leaning towards pre-ordering the white model.
    10-08-2014 03:55 AM
    Who gives a rat's *** what other people think... I for one dont care.... it's my phone, and it's a beauty !!!
    So if you want to rock the white Note 4 ... go for it !!!!

The white is gorgeous... I'm definitly going for that one, wanted the Pink at first, but I think I might get bored of the pink colour...
    So white it is... for me...

Good Luck
    10-08-2014 05:16 AM
    ln my opinion, the black is more masculine and the lighter colors are more fenimine!
    Harlemknight likes this.
    10-08-2014 05:46 AM

I like the gold but haven't heard of any Verizon retailers carrying the pink or gold 😣
    10-08-2014 08:34 AM
    However, since the Note line is much larger, the white back seems a bit much, perhaps too eye-catching? I need to use my phone in professional settings (graduate/professional school) and I don't know how I feel about taking out a phone with a humongous white (textured) back. I won't be in business meetings or anything like that so it won't be in super formal settings; the issue is more I suppose how self conscious I will feel knowing probably every single person's eye will be on the back of my giant white phone when I'm using it. The black on the other hand I know will have no problems with that and will be more discreet in use.

Help me decide! Thoughts? Right now I am leaning towards pre-ordering the white model.
    What makes you think you can't use a white phone in a business setting? You're over thinking it because that's not true. Just go with the one you want.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    10-08-2014 11:09 AM
    I use my phone in a business setting and I don't think the color choice matters. I currently am using my Note 2 (Still love it) I passed up the N3 because they only had black. After sooooo many years of owning black phones, I Love the white and will be getting a N4 in white as well!
    10-08-2014 11:27 AM

I want the Gold too!
    10-08-2014 12:02 PM

I like the gold too, and probably would have been my first choice. But wanted the phone pre-order, so I got white. My DH got black, so we'll have both black and white in our household.
    10-08-2014 01:58 PM
    I want pink but I'm not willing to wait months for it. I considered a pink SView but the phone is too nice to cover imo. So clear case with black celly for me.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3
    10-08-2014 02:11 PM
    For me, A problem with the white version is its too noticeable. You see the screen and the white around it. Whereas the black bezels seem to blend into the display. Makes viewing the screen less distracting. Also the buttons and notification led all stand out better on the black.
    10-08-2014 03:13 PM
73 123