10-13-2014 12:42 PM
73 123
tools
    Went to BB the other day and they only had white N4's on display.

Well today I went again and lo and behold they had both white and black on display .
    Both colors looked great. I just wanted to see if there was any difference in the grain, feel and hardness of the back cover - a subject that has been discussed several times here.

This is my observation and is not intended to dispute anyone else's views. I found absolutely NO difference in any way shape or form between the white and black back covers other than obviously the color. They both felt the same and looked the same. One was not harder, softer, more plasticky, nor slipperier than the other. That being said I decided to go with the black instead of the white I originally wanted . Getting to see them side by side at last was very helpful in making the final decision.
    I did not test any of the features to any degree as I had already done so previously. This was just to get a good look at both colors.
    GregMargie and Brandwin like this.
    10-08-2014 04:45 PM
    I think it's a win-win decision, and a really hard one.

Form or function. For me, white is the form and black is the function since the black bezel disappears with screen viewing but the white is the looker.
    10-08-2014 04:54 PM
    Pre ordered a white one from sprint store now i am counting the days

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2014 04:57 PM
    Here is a youtube video showing all the Note 4 colours

and here is the photo gallery of all the colours

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hands On #2 | UNDERkg
    10-08-2014 05:14 PM
    yup same here I pre ordered from best buy and put 50 dollars down and plan to trade my phone in for 200 dollar trade in credit towards the purchase of the note 4 and with gift cards my total will come to 24 dollars just for the phone
    Pre ordered a white one from sprint store now i am counting the days

Tha Capn likes this.
    10-08-2014 05:20 PM
    Nice find on the picture comparison. It looks like the white hides the samsung logo better than the black.
    10-08-2014 05:31 PM
    Nice find on the picture comparison. It looks like the white hides the samsung logo better than the black.
    Credit goes to 'kwyjibo83' who originally posted it on XDA Devs
    10-08-2014 05:35 PM
    Going with the black one.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
    10-08-2014 05:49 PM
    I think it's a win-win decision, and a really hard one.

Form or function. For me, white is the form and black is the function since the black bezel disappears with screen viewing but the white is the looker.
    Exactly this. I chose function and went with black.

10-08-2014 06:36 PM
    The one difference that bugs me the black one has lines through the back and recent app buttons and the white one does not when they are lit up. I ordered a black one and don't know if I can live through two years of having lines through the light up buttons. Had my note 2 the past 2 years and still love it.

10-08-2014 07:55 PM
    Yup, finally had a chance to go back to my local Best Buy today and they now have the black Note 4 too (next to the white) and I completely agree with your assessment. The black one had a softer, more premium feel to it and my fingers could grip it a lot easier. Whereas the white felt harder to the touch and my fingers slipped off it easier than it did on the black one. Glad I ordered the black one!

Either one looks awesome though. Can't go wrong either way. But if you like a slightly softer feel and easier grip, the black is the way to go.
    Went to Best Buy planning on pre-ordering the black, but something about the white version caught my eye. Ended up pre-ordering a white Note 4. However, I also purchased a replacement black rear battery cover from Ebay.
    10-09-2014 06:55 PM
    Black. I just never liked white phones.
    10-09-2014 07:30 PM
    It is Note 4 week and I'm still undecided.

Saw the black one at my local ATT corp store and it is actually more of a gun-metal/gray variant this time around.

Was going to do black, but now am 50/50. White does look clean, but may be distracting when viewing.

Any thoughts?
    10-12-2014 08:27 PM
    It is Note 4 week and I'm still undecided.

Saw the black one at my local ATT corp store and it is actually more of a gun-metal/gray variant this time around.

Was going to do black, but now am 50/50. White does look clean, but may be distracting when viewing.

Any thoughts?
    Black Note 4 pros over the white:

-Illusion of a bigger screen / smaller bezels

-back feels softer and more leather-ish

-shiny trim looks better on the black metal

-screen immersion is better (especially in low light areas)

-more premium look (possible opinion)

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-12-2014 08:32 PM
    Black wins all the way. The sides gives more premium feel than white.
    10-12-2014 08:40 PM
    White is beautiful.
    10-13-2014 01:04 AM
    I have a white Note 2 and went with the white Note 4. In my opinion, white seems like a more modern, fresh color for electronics. I didn't notice it getting more dirty than my previous black phones. It also looks good with various color cases. I think the white looks less corporate (in a good way) and I always get people asking questions about my white Note 2 in meetings.
    10-13-2014 01:15 AM
    It does seem that every girl EVERYWHERE has a white phone, though... (usually an iPhone, of course)
    10-13-2014 08:34 AM
    The one difference that bugs me the black one has lines through the back and recent app buttons and the white one does not when they are lit up. I ordered a black one and don't know if I can live through two years of having lines through the light up buttons. Had my note 2 the past 2 years and still love it.

I noticed this too and it really bugged me. But, I'm still getting a black one.
    10-13-2014 09:08 AM
    It does seem that every girl EVERYWHERE has a white phone, though... (usually an iPhone, of course)
    White is a popular colour after all. Looks nicer which is why a lot of girls like it.
    10-13-2014 09:14 AM
    Not this girl I've always had black phones, but there's no doubt the white N4 is a looker! Regardless of which color you choose to go for, it's still a WIN!!
    10-13-2014 09:15 AM
    I'm still undecided.. I gotta see black in person because the white looks great... Stands out

Tarek53180 likes this.
    10-13-2014 10:31 AM
    Interesting what you all say about the feel...I looked at both but I wasn't paying attention to the feel. The thing that got to me about the Black version is that SAMSUNG pops out way too much. I'm switching after being an iPhone user since the first iPhone, so I've become accustomed to less branding on the hardware.

I went white for myself because I felt it hid the SAMSUNG on the front and back better.

Looking forward to the switch
    Less branding on the hardware? Most Apple cases have that horrendous gaudy hole on the back to show the logo.
    10-13-2014 12:42 PM
73 123