Verizon Note 4 or ATT Note 4?

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Debating on if I should stay with Verizon and get their Note 4 or switch to ATT and get theirs. Which would you prefer and why? Help me please.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Debating on if I should stay with Verizon and get their Note 4 or switch to ATT and get theirs. Which would you prefer and why? Help me please.

AT&T. open GSM global standard network allowing BYOD and SIM freedom vs. closed CDMA network requiring proprietary phones.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yup I'll stick with AT&T since they are cheaper plus I get a discount. They seem less restrictive as well. Better customer service and usually get phones faster while Verizon is usually last to get them :) Research their prices tho maybe they will give you a discount if you tell them you're leaving lol

Posted via Android Central App

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I get a discount on Verizon 20% off bill now. I can get a discount off all carriers because of my job. (ATT 15%, Sprint 23%, T-Moblile 18%) So you think GSM is better than CDMA? How good is the coverage with ATT? I got Verizon to come within $10 of ATT plan, but I am weigh the differences of GSM and CDMA. Also, I would have to wait an extra week to get the Note 4 from Verizon, and who knows what the will take off of the phone.(Features)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
have you considered the Nexus X/6 + AT&T GoPhone Prepaid No Contract?

----------------------------------------------Nexus X-------------------------------Note 4
----------------------------------------------Prepaid-------------------------------Post Paid
Phone Cost--------------------------------$350-------------------------------- $299
Monthly Service
after all taxes/fees/discounts---------$60 ----------------------------------$100
Months-------------------------------------24 ------------------------------------24
Total Service cost
after X Months --------------------------$1,440 -------------------------------$2,400

Total Payout After 24 Months ----------- $1,790---------------------------$2,699

Difference after 24 Months------------------ $909

Last edited:

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
have you considered the Nexus X/6 + AT&T GoPhone Prepaid No Contract?

----------------------------------------------Nexus X-------------------------------Note 4
----------------------------------------------Prepaid-------------------------------Post Paid
Phone Cost--------------------------------$350-------------------------------- $299
Monthly Service
after all taxes/fees/discounts---------$60 ----------------------------------$100
Months-------------------------------------24 ------------------------------------24
Total Service cost
after X Months --------------------------$1,440 -------------------------------$2,400

Total Payout After 24 Months ----------- $1,790---------------------------$2,699

Difference after 24 Months------------------ $909
Definitely has to be a Note 4 sorry, but since the Note 2 I've been hooked. I use the Spen so much, they start peeling from me taking it in and out all the time.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon, hands down better coverage then AT&T.

Really, I thought they were close when it comes to service. Plus Verizon makes you wait a week longer for the phone, and they my omit some features. That scares me. Too times they took off features that I now love. The full S planner widget, and blocking mode.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Really, I thought they were close when it comes to service.

I road my motorcycle across country a few months back and had my Verizon smartphone set to keep a track online of were I was. The only time I really didn't have a connection was inside of national parks, like Yellowstone and Glacier. On the other hand, if I ride just 40 miles outside of Atlanta with my ATT friends, they usually lose coverage.
Basically, I have found a couple of places in the mountains where Verizon does not work. My friends have found a couple of places in the mountains where ATT DOES work.
Your situation may be 100% different than mine, but VZW still wins for coverage across the wide open spaces.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile would be my last choice. I'd even take Sprint before t-mobile call coverage wise.

T-Mobile is excellent where I am at and I rarely travel. I am not willing to pay for Verizon's or AT&T's high prices and no unlimited either. On the others side of the equation however, people who travel prefer Verizon. I know a few truck drivers who travel the U.S. and they won't touch anything but Verizon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is excellent where I am at and I rarely travel. I am not willing to pay for Verizon's or AT&T's high prices and no unlimited either. On the others side of the equation however, people who travel prefer Verizon. I know a few truck drivers who travel the U.S. and they won't touch anything but Verizon.

Fyi you can still get unlimited data on Verizon, even on new line of service.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers