02-05-2016 11:42 AM
31 12
tools
    ...has this been dropped on the Note 4?
    10-05-2014 05:11 PM
    Yes. And it really doesn't matter. The advantage to USB 3 was faster data transfer via cable. With greater adoption of cloud and streaming services, it really isn't needed. And in practice it wasn't much faster anyhow.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    dc52ltr likes this.
    10-05-2014 05:15 PM
    So the Note 4 connector will not accept the micro usb? If that is true I need an adapter.
    10-05-2014 05:28 PM
    It will accept the micro usb. That's what 2.0 is. You'll get one when you buy and it will have the quick charging in it.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    10-05-2014 05:31 PM
    I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't include USB 3.0 on the Note 4. It doesn't make sense to me.
    10-05-2014 05:44 PM
    Yes. And it really doesn't matter. The advantage to USB 3 was faster data transfer via cable. With greater adoption of cloud and streaming services, it really isn't needed. And in practice it wasn't much faster anyhow.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    I agree that the lack of usb 3.0 isn't a huge deal, but I don't agree with you saying it isn't much faster. When transferring large files (>100mb) it makes a huge speed difference. If you didn't notice a difference, you must not have had 3.0 tranfer option enabled on your phone, or your computer didn't support it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    mrwallyy and Yk Chin like this.
    10-05-2014 05:56 PM
    Now IC...
    10-05-2014 06:25 PM
    It makes no difference.. The small gains versus the inconvenience of trying to line up a full USB 3.0 plug or fit a 2 into a 3... really killed it.

Its sad though that this phone got released before the change to 3.1.. that looks promising.. Perhaps the S6 will have it.
    10-05-2014 07:00 PM
    It makes no difference.. The small gains versus the inconvenience of trying to line up a full USB 3.0 plug or fit a 2 into a 3... really killed it.

Its sad though that this phone got released before the change to 3.1.. that looks promising.. Perhaps the S6 will have it.
    You obviously haven't used it properly either.. Tranferring a 500mb+ ROM took like 1/3 the amount of time with USB 3. It's not automatic. You need to turn it on in your settings and have the proper port and drivers on your PC.

Yk Chin likes this.
    10-05-2014 08:36 PM
    You obviously haven't used it properly either.. Tranferring a 500mb+ ROM took like 1/3 the amount of time with USB 3. It's not automatic. You need to turn it on in your settings and have the proper port and drivers on your PC.

I have used it properly.. But i ask you...

Whats the true difference in speed and how much time are you really saving?

How often you do you actually connect your phone to your pc to transfer date of such substantial size the the difference is clear?

And, un biased to your own needs... Do you think the majority of those with this device would prefer a fast transfer on the rare occasion they actually need to.. or a more simplistic connector..
    madmurd and worwig like this.
    10-05-2014 11:04 PM
    I have used it properly.. But i ask you...

Whats the true difference in speed and how much time are you really saving?

How often you do you actually connect your phone to your pc to transfer date of such substantial size the the difference is clear?

And, un biased to your own needs... Do you think the majority of those with this device would prefer a fast transfer on the rare occasion they actually need to.. or a more simplistic connector..
    I'm not arguing the point of usefulness... As I previously stated, I don't mind the lack of USB 3 whatsoever. I was only correcting those saying that there was no difference between the two. As I also previously said, it was about 3x as fast as USB 2 when transferring large files. I was not being biased either.. I was using large files (ROM files in particular) as an example as, after all, large file transfers are what USB 3 was aimed towards.. For the couple times per month that I used it to transfer ROM zips, it's nothing essential.

Edit: In terms of time, it took about 3 mins to transfer a full rom zip vs. about 10 mins with USB 2. Samsung ROM zips are over 1 GB in size.

Yk Chin likes this.
    10-05-2014 11:17 PM
    USB 3.0 will be useful to those who need it. It definitely helped me since I would transfer a nandroid back up to my pc once a month and those back ups were around 8-10 GB. Can't tell you how much faster though since I never tried to transfer it on USB 2.0. :-)
    10-06-2014 01:51 AM
    I agree that the lack of usb 3.0 isn't a huge deal, but I don't agree with you saying it isn't much faster. When transferring large files (>100mb) it makes a huge speed difference. If you didn't notice a difference, you must not have had 3.0 tranfer option enabled on your phone, or your computer didn't support it.

Just a reminder: The transfer rates also depends on the speed of your SD card and usb port/speed on the computer, not the cable/connector alone.
    worwig likes this.
    10-06-2014 03:33 AM
    I really wish it had 3.0
    10-06-2014 04:22 AM
    I'm glad it's gone. Every time I was with a friend who had a Note 3 and needed to use his charger they would be like "sorry, my charger doesn't fit normal phones".
    10-06-2014 09:17 AM
    It is to bad they could not have figured out how to incorporate the 3.0 into the Note 4. It is tremendously faster at transferring large files such as ROMs, videos and photos. With the 4K video format on the N4 it will be an issue. But I am willing to limp along with it.
    itsnotmeitsyou likes this.
    10-06-2014 10:03 AM
    I really wish it had 3.0
    3.0 was useless anyways. I've never used it for my S5

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    10-06-2014 08:12 PM
    It is to bad they could not have figured out how to incorporate the 3.0 into the Note 4. It is tremendously faster at transferring large files such as ROMs, videos and photos. With the 4K video format on the N4 it will be an issue. But I am willing to limp along with it.
    Well according to many of these individuals, 3.0 "doesn't make a difference." 😔 I'm glad to see someone else who knew how to use it properly and experienced its benefits. I think most of them are just saying it's worthless to not make it seem like their new toy is lacking in any category. It's okay to admit 3.0 is faster than 2.0, it doesn't make the Note 4 a bad phone.. I'm looking forward to getting it just as much as all of you are.

Yk Chin and copasetic like this.
    10-06-2014 08:31 PM
    The flapper door on the S5 is really annoying as well
    copasetic likes this.
    10-06-2014 08:42 PM
    I wish people would stop saying this. Going back to 2.0 isn't that big of a deal, but in the use cases where 3.0 matters (mainly large file transfer), it's massively better than 2.0.

It may not be a deal breaker, or even that noteworthy of an omission, but USB 3.0 isn't useless. Not hardly.
    itsnotmeitsyou likes this.
    10-06-2014 08:54 PM
    In my case, I use the USB 3.0 in my Note 3 extensively as my laptop has USB 3.0. I regularly transfer large video HD files between my laptop & phone. Hence, I find the USB 3.0 feature very useful & save me tons of time.

I'm quite disappointed with Samsung who choose not to incorporate USB 3.0 into the new Note 4. Since it's backward compatible to USB 2.0, they can make Note 4 with USB 3.0 + speed charging....then everyone wins!

Posted via Tab S 8.4
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-06-2014 08:55 PM
    I'm glad it's gone. Every time I was with a friend who had a Note 3 and needed to use his charger they would be like "sorry, my charger doesn't fit normal phones".
    That's a selfish statement. "Every time I was with a friend..." Just because you're too lazy to bring your own charger hence it's better to be gone? You make it sounds everyone is having USB 3.0 cable. Majority of folks still own USB 2.0 charger. You might find it useless but there are others who find it useful. Just saying

Posted via Tab S 8.4
    10-06-2014 09:09 PM

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    That's not true
    just cos you did not use it lol come on

now phones have built in 32gb & if add card I have 64gb
    & now it can also take 128gb imagine the time it will take to add Files

So its a real disappointment that the newer phone doesn't have Usb 3.0
    very sad, hoping they will get it back in Galaxy S6 and other upcoming phones next year
    Yk Chin likes this.
    10-07-2014 02:17 PM
    I just want to point out something. While the Note 4 lost the USB 3.0, they made it easier to access the Micro sd card while the phone is on. This way you can unmount the SD card and stick it to your pc and get you things done fast depends on your sd card speed.
    JimSmith94 and copasetic like this.
    10-07-2014 02:51 PM
    I think they went back to micro usb 2.0 to make the connection to the VR headset easier.

Posted via Android Central App
    JimSmith94 and copasetic like this.
    10-07-2014 03:02 PM
31 12