10-07-2014 11:03 PM
29 12
tools
    I was curious if Google Wallet was still blocked from Verizon because I know they have their own program but does AT&T block Google Wallet as well?
    10-06-2014 12:05 AM
    I was curious if Google Wallet was still blocked from Verizon because I know they have their own program but does AT&T block Google Wallet as well?
    I don't think so Verizon likes to keep there bloatviruses

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
    I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation
    10-06-2014 04:17 AM
    I have an s5 on Verizon and its not blocked.
    10-06-2014 06:17 AM
    I don't think so Verizon likes to keep there bloatviruses

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
    I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation
    Verizon and AT&T along with t-mobile blocks Google wallet so they can promote softcard (ISIS formerly)
    10-06-2014 07:52 AM
    Google Wallet should work as long as your phone has KitKat.
    21stNow and sure why not like this.
    10-06-2014 08:04 AM
    Google Wallet should work as long as your phone has KitKat.
    Carriers have blocked it in favor of softcard with exception if sprint.... Unless they changed the policy a few months ago which I doubt

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    10-06-2014 09:46 AM
    Carriers have blocked it in favor of softcard with exception if sprint.... Unless they changed the policy a few months ago which I doubt
    It has worked for me for a long time VZW. I'm not sure what changed, maybe when my OS upgraded. But it used to be blocked.
    10-06-2014 09:59 AM
    It has worked for me for a long time VZW. I'm not sure what changed, maybe when my OS upgraded. But it used to be blocked.
    Which phone? I still think Verizon will block it on the note 4 Imo

10-06-2014 10:02 AM
    Samsung S4. Looking at it now. It should my Google Store purchases.

Of course the only place I know of that takes mobile payments is Starbucks, and I wouldn't set foot in one of those horrible places.
    10-06-2014 10:05 AM
    Samsung S4. Looking at it now. It should my Google Store purchases.

Of course the only place I know of that takes mobile payments is Starbucks, and I wouldn't set foot in one of those horrible places.
    I love Starbucks but I don't think they take Google wallet lol. Only place I remember is duane read which is a local pharmacy like cvs in nyc. Owned by walgreens

10-06-2014 10:22 AM

That's what TGP was saying. Once KitKat was available, Google Wallet worked for tap-to-pay on all carriers with the exception of three phones. The Note 3 was one of the exceptions, but it didn't have anything to do with which carrier it was on.
    10-06-2014 10:43 AM
    I love Starbucks but I don't think they take Google wallet lol. Only place I remember is duane read which is a local pharmacy like cvs in nyc. Owned by walgreens

Macy's, Foot Locker, Wegman's, Whole Foods, New York and Company and Rite-Aid are some more stores that take Google Wallet.
    10-06-2014 10:45 AM
    Macy's, Foot Locker, Wegman's, Whole Foods, New York and Company and Rite-Aid are some more stores that take Google Wallet.
    Macy's :don't shop there, foot locker : don't shop there, wegmans : never heard of them, whole foods : haven't shopped there recently but will be since new one popped up in Brooklyn, new York and company : never heard of it and ironic since I live in new York lol, rite aid don't where I live or don't notice it

10-06-2014 01:09 PM
    Google wallet is working on my GNote3.
    10-06-2014 01:33 PM
    Google wallet is working on my GNote3.
    The app works but not the tap to pay

21stNow likes this.
    10-06-2014 01:49 PM
    Google needs to stand the hell up to these carriers and say enough is enough of this "we are gonna support or develop our own software crap". Apple doesn't allow it on their phones but yet google allows them to disable their product in favor of some other BS. What gives?? I for one use google wallet daily on my nexus 4 and planned on to continue with my note 4 when it arrives..............well, if I can
    10-06-2014 02:56 PM
    Macy's :don't shop there, foot locker : don't shop there, wegmans : never heard of them, whole foods : haven't shopped there recently but will be since new one popped up in Brooklyn, new York and company : never heard of it and ironic since I live in new York lol, rite aid don't where I live or don't notice it

Are you a woman? NY & Co is a women's clothing store, so that's probably why you've never heard of it, LOL.
    10-06-2014 03:17 PM
    Are you a woman? NY & Co is a women's clothing store, so that's probably why you've never heard of it, LOL.
    Still I probably should of passed one or 2 living here lol

Shelacios likes this.
    10-06-2014 03:18 PM
    Read on...

Read on...

Google needs to stand the hell up to these carriers and say enough is enough of this "we are gonna support or develop our own software crap". Apple doesn't allow it on their phones but yet google allows them to disable their product in favor of some other BS. What gives?? I for one use google wallet daily on my nexus 4 and planned on to continue with my note 4 when it arrives..............well, if I can
    Google already did that. In KitKat, Google used what has been described as "clever coding" to work around the carriers' restrictions. Google Wallet/tap to pay works on most devices with KitKat and NFC, with a couple exceptions because of other hardware restrictions. The Note 3 used to be on that list, but it was taken off and now works. I think we can safely assume that this will continue with Android L.

In short, if your device has KitKat and NFC, you will likely be able to use tap to pay even if you have a carrier branded phone.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    10-06-2014 03:24 PM
    Read on...

Read on...

Google already did that. In KitKat, Google used what has been described as "clever coding" to work around the carriers' restrictions. Google Wallet/tap to pay works on most devices with KitKat and NFC, with a couple exceptions because of other hardware restrictions. The Note 3 used to be on that list, but it was taken off and now works. I think we can safely assume that this will continue with Android L.

In short, if your device has KitKat and NFC, you will likely be able to use tap to pay even if you have a carrier branded phone.
    Thanks for that, pits the ol mind at ease.
    10-06-2014 03:28 PM
    Still I probably should of passed one or 2 living here lol

There's three in Brooklyn.
    10-06-2014 03:29 PM
    Thanks for replies. Reason why I was asking because Apple has Apple Pay and I'm switching from a iPhone 5S to the Note 4 so I was just curious to see if Google Wallet was still blocked like it used to. Thanks!
    10-06-2014 03:33 PM
    Thanks for replies. Reason why I was asking because Apple has Apple Pay and I'm switching from a iPhone 5S to the Note 4 so I was just curious to see if Google Wallet was still blocked like it used to. Thanks!
    If you are asking about tap & pay in Google wallet, it will not work on the Verizon Note 3. Softcard (formally ISIS) works the same way on Verizon note 3 as Google Wallet tap & pay on Sprint.

I don't think anyone knows about the Note 4 yet, it's a hardware issue on the Note 3. Waiting to see on the Note 4 but not a deal breaker for me, softcard works just fine e.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-06-2014 03:46 PM
    Read on...

Read on...

I just updated Google Wallet on my Note 3 and I still don't have the tap-to-pay option on it.
    10-06-2014 05:01 PM
    I just updated Google Wallet on my Note 3 and I still don't have the tap-to-pay option on it.
    Support for HCE on the NFC chip in the Verizon, ATT, and TMO Note 3's does not exist in 4.4.2, which is the latest version that all those Note 3's are running. Support should be in 4.4.4 for that chip but none of those phones have that yet.

The Sprint Note 3 has a different, older chip that had support as soon as Google switched over to HCE from the secure element since Sprint was already running 4.4.2 when that switch occurred. Sprint Note 3 is now on 4.4.4 but it didn't need to wait for 4.4.4 since the chip support was already in 4.4.2.

No carrier is blocking google wallet anymore and no carrier can block tap and pay now in google wallet. As long as the chip in the Note 4 is supported in 4.4.4, google wallet tap and pay will work on any US carrier phone.
    21stNow likes this.
    10-06-2014 06:13 PM
29 12