Does anyone know of other vendors that ship a phone purchased online without activating it? (i.e. Sending the phone and the new SIM card together, but without actually putting the card in and turning the phone on prior to shipping)

The reason for this question is that doing the "Best Buy Trick" to keep Verizon's unlimited data plan requires a phone that has not been activated yet (which is why you can't do it in store, where they activate it at time of purchase). Being that Best Buy Online still has the Note 4 as "coming soon" and not available for online purchase, I am concerned that they will not offer them for sale online prior to launch, and if so, I would like to purchase a non-activated phone from another vendor.

Thanks!
    10-06-2014 12:29 PM
    Ebay or Amazon are the only two I can think of

Posted via Android Central App
    10-06-2014 12:32 PM
    You should be able to order Via the Verizon iconic portal and selecting order a device without service. You would probably have to pay full retail though

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    10-06-2014 04:02 PM
    You can pre-order the Note 4 on Verizon at full retail, and when it says "upgrade or add new" you just hit upgrade, click your current phone, then it lets you continue to cart with your current unlimited plan.
    10-06-2014 04:18 PM
    I am talking about getting the subsidized rate.

Best Buy seems like they will not be offering the Verizon Note 4 as a pre-order. Can anyone confirm that if I order the "upgrade my current device to this one" option from Amazon, it will come with the SIM card packaged along with the phone, but without it being activated and paired to the phone?
    10-08-2014 05:15 PM
    I am talking about getting the subsidized rate.

Best Buy seems like they will not be offering the Verizon Note 4 as a pre-order. Can anyone confirm that if I order the "upgrade my current device to this one" option from Amazon, it will come with the SIM card packaged along with the phone, but without it being activated and paired to the phone?
    They don't activate the new phone until you receive it and turn it on with the New SIM. If it did not work that way your old phone would deactivate before you received the New one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    prizeferret likes this.
    10-08-2014 05:22 PM
    When I try to pre order and upgrade my UDP account it makes me choose a new data plan. Will it change my account to the new data plan or can I do the sim card swap when it gets here and keep my unlimited?
    10-09-2014 12:31 PM