Tmobile Note 4

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine says processing. I hope it's delivered on the 17th and not shipped on the 17th. That would make me unhappy

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If mine doesn't ship by next Thursday morning, I'm cancelling my order and going into the store Friday morning.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Why morning.... They can ship it in the afternoon and still get there the next day....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Because it takes 24 hours to cancel a pre-order. If I do need to go to the store, I want to go early Friday for color selection. Tmobile uses the next day air-saver shipping, which doesn't include Saturday delivery. If it ships next Friday, we won't start seeing them until Monday.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If mine doesn't ship by next Thursday morning, I'm cancelling my order and going into the store Friday morning.

I honestly may do this as well. This pre-order nonsense is annoying .. I hate guessing when I will get it where my friends were able to pre-order their phones from other carriers without any worry about getting it on the release date.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Because it takes 24 hours to cancel a pre-order. If I do need to go to the store, I want to go early Friday for color selection. Tmobile uses the next day air-saver shipping, which doesn't include Saturday delivery. If it ships next Friday, we won't start seeing them until Monday.

T-mobile rep says I will be getting it on Friday or Saturday and from. My experience next day air does Saturday delivery from almost anywhere I have bought something and they used it

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
T-mobile rep says I will be getting it on Friday or Saturday and from. My experience next day air does Saturday delivery from almost anywhere I have bought something and they used it

Next day air does deliver on Saturday, next day air saver, which Tmobile uses, does not deliver on Saturday. Unless they switched to not using the saver option. But every phone I've received from Tmobile has been next day air saver.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Next day air does deliver on Saturday, next day air saver, which Tmobile uses, does not deliver on Saturday. Unless they switched to not using the saver option. But every phone I've received from Tmobile has been next day air saver.

Ah good catch -- Closing ensure to check your order to see what it says.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Ah good catch -- Closing ensure to check your order to see what it says.

On the order status screen it just shows "expedited next day." Which that isn't a delivery choice through UPS. So I don't think we'll know for sure which option they are using until we get our tracking numbers.

EDIT: From looking at UPS's website, it looks like you can do Saturday store pick-up at UPS with air saver.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
On the order status screen it just shows "expedited next day." Which that isn't a delivery choice through UPS. So I don't think we'll know for sure which option they are using until we get our tracking numbers.

EDIT: From looking at UPS's website, it looks like you can do Saturday store pick-up at UPS with air saver.

I don't know what to believe, lol, when i spoke to a T-mobile rep yesterday I was told the phones ship out on the 17th and if you chose "expedited next day" which I did, the phone would come on Monday the 20th at the earliest. I hope that's not true. Sometimes loving tech and being on forums doesn't help just gets me ancy.....lol

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered but I am disappointed that you cannot take advantage of the trade in program, and thus the $200 Sammy promo, if you are pre-paid. I had to jump through a whole bunch of hoops just to pre-order and trade in a phone and I am still not sure how much money I will lose because I am a pre-paid T-Mo customer. T-Mo may be the un-carrier in some respects but when it comes to pre-paid it certainly seems like a line of business that they grudgingly support.

bsulla,

I'm also a T-Mo prepaid customer interested in pre-ordering a Note 4. Can you tell me how you did it (in-store vs over the phone with T-Mo)? I've read conflicting accounts saying that either 1) it just can't be done OR 2) you have to go into a T-Mo store or call T-Mo because you can't do it through the T-Mo website OR 3) sign up for simple starter plan online and cancel immediately. But when I go to the T-Mo Pre-order site, there is fine print that says you will get charged an EFT is you change your plan. Any insight into how you managed to preorder for pre-paid would be greatly appreciated. Also, I agree, we are treated as 3rd class citizens.

On a separate note, I read the Terms and Conditions of the $200 Trade-in promo and it does not specify that you must trade-in from the same retailer, so you may consider trading in a smartphone at Amazon, Wal-Mart of Target (all listed as Note 4 retailers in the original press release.) It's worth a shot.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It appears everyone is getting upgraded to air shipping--even those who didn't pay for it.. However, it is the air saver without Saturday delivery :(

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
bsulla,

I'm also a T-Mo prepaid customer interested in pre-ordering a Note 4. Can you tell me how you did it (in-store vs over the phone with T-Mo)? I've read conflicting accounts saying that either 1) it just can't be done OR 2) you have to go into a T-Mo store or call T-Mo because you can't do it through the T-Mo website OR 3) sign up for simple starter plan online and cancel immediately. But when I go to the T-Mo Pre-order site, there is fine print that says you will get charged an EFT is you change your plan. Any insight into how you managed to preorder for pre-paid would be greatly appreciated. Also, I agree, we are treated as 3rd class citizens.

On a separate note, I read the Terms and Conditions of the $200 Trade-in promo and it does not specify that you must trade-in from the same retailer, so you may consider trading in a smartphone at Amazon, Wal-Mart of Target (all listed as Note 4 retailers in the original press release.) It's worth a shot.

Layout98,

I selected the cheapest Simple Choice plan which I have no plans of activating once the phone arrives. I did not, and still do not, see anything about an ETF for changing plans so if you could point that out I would appreciate it. I bought the phone on-line and chose the option to pay for the full price of the phone upfront so I have no obligation as far as that's concerned.

Do you have a link to the press release that listed the additional trade-in retailers? I haven't been able to find anything about the "participating retailers" anywhere. I finally contacted the folks administering the Samsung trade-in (Prize Logic) and they said a phone could be traded into any retailer that would take it. They were unable/unwilling to provide me with any documented list of trade in retailers.

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, if you go to the T-Mobile pre-order page and click through to the plan selection page, read the terms at the bottom of the page here:

Configure The Best Unlimited Cell Phone Plan For You | No Contract Plans | T-Mobile

The fifth line says "If you switch plans you may be bound by existing term (including early termination provisions) and/or charged an up to $200 fee." I think your should be ok if you don't stick in their SIM and activate it.

As for retailers, there's no place that says where you can trade in the phone on the promotion page. But if you go to the original press release for the Note 4 (announced as official), the official retailers are Best Buy, Costco, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Target, Radio Shack, and Amazon. Most of them have trade in programs, so I figured they would work. But I'd stay away from best buy because of all the problems folks have been having with their separate promotion.

Let me know if you get your phone early and it works, as I may do the same.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, if you go to the T-Mobile pre-order page and click through to the plan selection page, read the terms at the bottom of the page here:

Configure The Best Unlimited Cell Phone Plan For You | No Contract Plans | T-Mobile

The fifth line says "If you switch plans you may be bound by existing term (including early termination provisions) and/or charged an up to $200 fee." I think your should be ok if you don't stick in their SIM and activate it.

As for retailers, there's no place that says where you can trade in the phone on the promotion page. But if you go to the original press release for the Note 4 (announced as official), the official retailers are Best Buy, Costco, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Target, Radio Shack, and Amazon. Most of them have trade in programs, so I figured they would work. But I'd stay away from best buy because of all the problems folks have been having with their separate promotion.

Let me know if you get your phone early and it works, as I may do the same.

It says "you may be" -- If you were you would know since that is usually associated with a contract. T-Mobile doesn't do ETFs anymore .. they have that in there for the people that may still be on their old plans.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie