Note 4 Verizon Release Date?

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Release Date?

Update on my previous post regarding BB assuring me that my Verizon Note 4 would be available on 10/17 with all other carriers, I was told today by BB that the information they previously told me was incorrect. In fact, VZW's supply WON'T come until 10/24. Doggone it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Seriously, WTF is wrong with Verizon? How can every other provider in the US (CDMA and GSM) release on the 17th, except for Verizon?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Seriously, WTF is wrong with Verizon? How can every other provider in the US (CDMA and GSM) release on the 17th, except for Verizon?

Typical Verizon. They did the same with the note 3. And would probably continue this practice for the note 5.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Typical Verizon. They did the same with the note 3. And would probably continue this practice for the note 5.

As a longtime verizon customer I am used to their stupid delays. I used to it. But that does not mean I am not disappointed. I would leave verizon but from my experience with all four carriers, I find Verizon's network the best.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

As a longtime verizon customer I am used to their stupid delays. I used to it. But that does not mean I am not disappointed. I would leave verizon but from my experience with all four carriers, I find Verizon's network the best.

While I agree to some extent, Verizon has gotten much better. Before we weren't getting a lot of phones, and release was delayed compared to other carriers. S3 was several months. N2 was a month or 2. M7 was 6 months or whatever. Relatively speaking, a one week delay is not bad, being Verizon and all.

billinaz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

BB tried to tell me that too. However, when I hear about VZW delays it seems to relate to them having to put their bloatware on the phone. Also, Samsung guaranteed delivery to all major carriers by the 17th.. Something doesn't make sense here.

Actually, Samsung acknowledges they are not shipping the Verizon model until the 23rd.

* Pre-order your Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 now through 10/16 (Verizon customers through 10/22) and get a guaranteed total trade-in of $200 on any working smartphone.

You wouldn't be able to pre order from the 17th thru the 22nd if the Verizon model was releasing prior to the 23rd. Everyone else will have it on the 17th, we have to wait until the 23rd.

Samsung1.jpg

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

This is all interesting, but does anyone know why Verizon is so far behind? It can't be CDMA, because Spring gets it on the 17th. It surely can't be lack of market power, since Verizon is bigger than Spring and TMobile (maybe even combined). It just doesn't make sense...

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

This is all interesting, but does anyone know why Verizon is so far behind? It can't be CDMA, because Spring gets it on the 17th. It surely can't be lack of market power, since Verizon is bigger than Spring and TMobile (maybe even combined). It just doesn't make sense...

Far behind?
They used to be months behind, and often very limited on what they would even carry. The Note 4 being only one week behind is nothing.

They used to claim that they did additional testing on equipment to verify that it was reliable and good enough for their network. There may be a hint of truth to that. But I suspect they are also wasting a lot of time adding on their bloatware.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Why? Because it is Verizon. They are usually late in releasing Android phones compared to other carriers.

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Since this thread is about Verizon...

I am asking about the $200 turn in deal. I can preorder online from verizonwireless then after I receive the Note 4 in the mail I can go to any official Verizon store then turn in my old phone. Then I can fill out the forms online and send it in to get the $200. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Mike Sjaarda

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Since this thread is about Verizon...

I am asking about the $200 turn in deal. I can preorder online from verizonwireless then after I receive the Note 4 in the mail I can go to any official Verizon store then turn in my old phone. Then I can fill out the forms online and send it in to get the $200. Is this correct?

Thanks!
With trading in a phone worth at least 10 dollars. You will receive the difference. This trade in cam happen anywhere (vzw, bby, amz). Submit this and preorders confirmation to Samsung.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys I have a really hard time with this language.. I must be stupid or something. Can someone please translate this for me?

"Eligible participants will receive a check equal to the difference between $200 and the trade-in amount (minimum $10) provided by a participating retailer. "

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I have a really hard time with this language.. I must be stupid or something. Can someone please translate this for me?

"Eligible participants will receive a check equal to the difference between $200 and the trade-in amount (minimum $10) provided by a participating retailer. "
It basically means if you get $10 for your trade in, Samsung will give you the other $190. If you get $75, they'll give you the other $125.

I hope that helps.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

My understanding is if you're eligible (idk requirements), subtract the trade in amount of phone from 200. You'll get a check for that amount.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
It means if verizon or att gives you 60$ for your trade in then you send the information to Samsung and they will send you a check equal to 140$ for example. Totaling 200$

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The 23rd is not that far away now. The phones will come. Sucks to wait though. My wife is waiting for he iPhone 6 plus and as of now she has been waiting for two weeks and still has another few weeks before her expected ship date. At least ours is not that far away. But yes it would be nice if Verizon shipped the devices sooner with the rest of the carriers.

Misti Smith

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I also ordered mine from BB.. And just spoke with them today and they told me since Verizon is releasing theirs on the 24th, with ship date of the 23rd. So I should be able to pick mine up on the 23rd.. That really sucks though how Verizon is waiting until all the other carriers have already received their phones...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20