Note 4 Bad news for Samsung. Good news for us?

Iloveandroid45248

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Bad news for Samsung. Good news for us?

Personally my belief is samsung is slipping in more ways then 1 the first issue is how do you make a note 4 and dont improve the screen size and not add more to it. I really was considering a note 4 but the problem is they did not add enough perks to justify the 299 US price tag across the networks, plus if you look at some of there policies outside of the phone market like support in general I am not surprised there declining.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

You do realize that Samsung is more than a cell phone manufacturer right?

Posted via Android Central App
What indicator made you think I didn't know that?

Though I will make this correction: Compared to Q3 of 2013, their electronics branch has brought in a couple of BILLION dollars less profit this year. But they can still cry me a river.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Samsung has been coming out with too many devices that blur the lines and dig into profits from their other products. There's no real innovation from product to product. All they do is throw a faster processor or a new app onto their latest device and repackage it as new.

Samsung's approach for the past few years has been to offer so many different models as to appear to lead the way in cell phone sales, which is something Apple has caught onto recently with the release of the iPhone 5 and the 5c indifferent colors.

The market is saturated and cell phone manufacturers have run out of ideas. I personally would be fine with hanging onto my Note 3 if not for the fact that someone has already told me that they want my device.

I can't wait to be disappointed with how much I've paid to "upgrade" to the Note 4 to realize that I haven't gained $300 worth of more phone. The only saving grace is that my battery life has been diminished lately so I guess that's something.....

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

RE: jcoltrane123:
"Pmfji, but first, your last paragraph is in quotes. What exactly are you quoting? That paragraph is not in the report. "

The quoted paragraph is in the linked article, the 5th paragraph.

Mike Putnik

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

This is true , about Iphone 6 larger version , samsung price of $700.00 phone that is pretty much useless outside in a daylight is ridiculous, my note 2 has burnin problem , T mobile will replace it with refurb phone , I still have $200.00 to go on my note and i should replace it for someone elses bad phone ?, insurance does not help much ,, they will screw you any which way you com .

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
There are no IPhone 6 or 6 plus phones in stock nor will there be any that hasn't been already pre-ordered for another month. So when the N4 is released on the 17th, for about a month, it will have no Apple competition, just like Apple didn't for a month from Samsung. People are renewing contracts and getting phones every month, so Samsung will still have a lot of potential customers who didn't get a chance or won't get chance to get a new IPhone for a while, but can get a new N4 sooner. So don't expect N4 discounts while competing 6 plus phones are unavailable. In any case, one month of not bringing out a new model won't change the bottom line for the entire previous year for any business. (Do all competing new car models come out at the same time? No, and the earlier released model doesn't necessarily have an advantage. )

Having said all that, I don't believe Samsung is doing poorly because of not selling enough of its flagship phones. It's not doing well selling its mid tier and lower end phones, which constitute the majority of its sales throughout the world. Most people don't need or can't afford a S5 or a Note 4, or an IPhone 6 plus. (We on this forum are the exception). Again to use a car analogy, GM doesn't make the majority of its money selling Corvettes. It just doesn't sell or make that many, whereas it does sell many more of its lower priced Chevrolets, which is the bulk of its business. Samsung for a couple of years has been losing its bigger "Chevrolet" market share to new Chinese companies who are selling higher quality low end phones for less money. That's what's killing Samsung, not its lack of "Corvette" N4 sales.

Posted via Android Central App
It's happening right now in asia (India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia) xiaomi priced their phone so low where Sammy would've priced them 2x - 3x times Xiaomi price.

They're cheap but they're also doing good on the warranty.

And FYI Xiaomi has beat samsung in China link http://news.yahoo.com/xiaomi-beats-samsung-chinese-smartphone-market-023036207.html

So, I agree with your post..

But still if I will spend more than $500 for a phone I can't think of other than Samsung especially the Note line.

Sent from my phone with tapatalk

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I think Samsung really blew it with the Note 4 release process. They have gotten a lot less aggressive since the S5 came out...I wonder if they sat on their laurels?

I recently spoke with a Samsung Rep at a BB store and asked him to explain the release schedule of the Note 4. He said The Note line for the most part comes out in October and the S phones come out in the Spring. He was not able to explain the logic as to why. It's going to take Samsung more than a release schedule to turn themselves around.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I can't wait to be disappointed with how much I've paid to "upgrade" to the Note 4 to realize that I haven't gained $300 worth of more phone. The only saving grace is that my battery life has been diminished lately so I guess that's something.....
You can replace the battery on your phone for much cheaper than $300.00

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

good news for china. same news for us.

xiaomi, samsung, doesnt matter to me. In the end it's all lining the pockets and creating jobs in a country that isn't the US.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Samsung also should have had N4's in all the carrier stores, not just BB and both should have been sooner. They let Apple steal a lot of thunder and sales by handling the N4 intro they way they did. Think of all the buyers that went to the carrier stores which had the new iPhones and no N4 to compare.

I don't think many carriers now a days want to have phones on display that they can't sell, and Samsung does NOT have control over carriers like Apple does.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

You can replace the battery on your phone for much cheaper than $300.00

I think you missed my sarcasm....

I am replacing my Note 3 because someone owes me their upgrade and so they're desperately wanting to get a phone to replace their current phone (even though it's still a decent LG G2). I would just as well let them keep their upgrade but that would mean that I would have to wait another year until I can get an upgrade. Considering they lost their phone because of their carelessness, I don't think I should be out an upgrade.

The only benefit I see from me going from the note 3 to the note 4 is that I'll have a newer battery. I don't think it'll be the upgrade that it was in going from an HTC Rezound to the Note 3.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Samsung is indeed a large conglomerate. They, as well as LG, make the best cloths wasers, dryers and refrigerators on the market today. And they can afford to make and sell limited edition "concept devices" the the Note Edge. As well a screens for Apple ;^) and soon Apple's A9 chips. As well as all the other products mentioned above.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Samsung is indeed a large conglomerate. They, as well as LG, make the best cloths wasers, dryers and refrigerators on the market today. And they can afford to make and sell limited edition "concept devices" the the Note Edge. As well a screens for Apple ;^) and soon Apple's A9 chips. As well as all the other products mentioned above.

I don't know about "best" in all those categories... I do like LG for my TVs but I use Maytag for my Washer/Dryers :). Come to think of it.... my refrigerator is a Whirlpool.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

the company is HUGE, so I don't worry a bit of its long term prospect.

in the meantime, these things are selling for way too much, any price drop is good for consumers.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Even early release won't safe it. IPhone big screen for the first time in history is simply too hard to ignore. There are too many apple fans out there plus new comers & converters.

Posted via Note 3

as for newcomers and converters ...at least on Twitter, I see more tweets from people converting from iPhone to Galaxy Note 4 than those going the other way.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

as for newcomers and converters ...at least on Twitter, I see more tweets from people converting from iPhone to Galaxy Note 4 than those going the other way.

You are just looking in the wrong places. Lol. Lots going both ways, just like last year. I am one of them. Going from Note 3 to my IPhone 6+. At least for now. Samsung waited too long to release the Note 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude