10-10-2014 01:05 AM
37 12
tools
    10-08-2014 01:00 AM
    Eh came from BGR... Wouldn't trust that source at all....

Anyways it should be after the release of the phone

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    DreamSTi likes this.
    10-08-2014 01:03 AM
    Go away nvidia
    anon(27512) likes this.
    10-08-2014 01:06 AM
    Still....it's scary. I mean to think we could actually have to wait longer than the 10 days we already have to wait...makes me shudder!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2014 01:08 AM
    Nuuuuu!! I'll be so sad if I have to wait any longer
    10-08-2014 01:35 AM
    Wouldn't trust that source at all...
    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    NVIDIA also posted it on their website and added sources of complaint documents.

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/News/U-...VIDIA-bdf.aspx

I really hope nothing becomes of this.
    honey_bee_33 likes this.
    10-08-2014 07:39 AM
    If it truly comes down to losing ALL their sales of flagship phones in the U.S., an agreement will be reached. Samsung isn't about to lose (nor can they afford to lose) the US market.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-08-2014 08:59 AM
    It won't happen.. They'd have to do it in a week and a half... I'd be stunned if it did.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-08-2014 09:20 AM
    This thread title is horribly, terribly misleading. NVIDIA is just asking the US Int'l Trade Commission to investigate and hold a hearing, and ultimately exclude the devices. That process will take some time, and the Commission doesn't have to exclude the devices even if it finds a violation of the Tariff Act. (Note that this is distinct from a patent lawsuit -- which NVIDIA has also filed simultaneously -- determining actual infringement.) Plus even if the Commission ultimately does rule to exclude the devices, there's a 60 day window before the ruling goes into effect. Bottom line is many of us will have a Note 5 in our collective pockets by then . . . .
    monsieurms, collett and OceanView like this.
    10-08-2014 09:31 AM
    This thread title is horribly, terribly misleading. NVIDIA is just asking the US Int'l Trade Commission to investigate and hold a hearing, and ultimately exclude the devices. That process will take some time, and the Commission doesn't have to exclude the devices even if it finds a violation of the Tariff Act. (Note that this is distinct from a patent lawsuit -- which NVIDIA has also filed simultaneously -- determining actual infringement.) Plus even if the Commission ultimately does rule to exclude the devices, there's a 60 day window before the ruling goes into effect. Bottom line is many of us will have a Note 5 in our collective pockets by then . . . .
    This thread isn't misleading.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2014 09:52 AM
    I am not worried. Even if the itc moves fast, they will give a grace period before enforcement, so the n4 should be in our hands before then. And the president can and has overruled itc bans in the past.

I think this is more of a tactic to get resolution on alleged patent infringements. It would most likely come down to Samsung paying Nvidia a royalty fee, if they did infringe.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    10-08-2014 09:55 AM
    I highly doubt the ITC will act quickly enough to ban all Note 4 devices in a week and a half, it is a government body after all. Plus, carrier lobbyists will get in the way eventually. Nothing to worry about at the moment.
    10-08-2014 09:56 AM
    I am not worried. Even if the itc moves fast, they will give a grace period before enforcement, so the n4 should be in our hands before then. And the president can and has overruled itc bans in the past.

I think this is more of a tactic to get resolution on alleged patent infringements. It would most likely come down to Samsung paying Nvidia a royalty fee, if they did infringe.

Most likely. I am more concerned how Samsung will operate in the cell phone market after all this litigation.
    10-08-2014 09:57 AM
    After reading the release it seems that not only would Samsung be the target but all others would have to be included.
    I don't see this going that far seems like Nvidia is just angry they had to show their tablets early.
    10-08-2014 10:21 AM

Didn't the president overule the recent ban with Samsung devices?
    10-08-2014 12:33 PM
    Didn't the president overule the recent ban with Samsung devices?
    No, but last year, the president did overrule an itc ban on Apple products. Interestingly enough, the president didn't overrule an itc ban on Samsung a few months later.

Imo, it is unlikely that Samsung would see the president overruling an itc ban of its products, but it could happen.

10-08-2014 02:12 PM
    Don't worry. Samsung will appeal and this will go on for another year or two.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-08-2014 02:54 PM
    Samsung really has to stop stealing other peoples' [inappropriate language edited by Moderator]. Does a week go by when they aren't in court being accused of patent infringements?

Regardless, I'm sure that no ban will take place. Samsung has been threatened with bans before and it never comes to fruition.
    10-08-2014 03:20 PM
    Samsung really has to stop stealing other peoples' [inappropriate language edited by Moderator]. Does a week go by when they aren't in court being accused of patent infringements?

Regardless, I'm sure that no ban will take place. Samsung has been threatened with bans before and it never comes to fruition.
    These alleged patent infringements aren't even those of Samsung. It's the companies who they get GPUs from that are being accused. But since they are in Samsung phones and Samsung has the deepest pockets of the 3 companies, that's who they're going after.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    10-08-2014 04:27 PM
    So long as people can patent things like rounded corners, this kangaroo court will keep going on. Unfortunately the patent office favors Apple and lets them patent retarded things. Surprised Apple hasn't now patented phones 5.5" and larger now, and trademarked the term "phablet". I'm sure it will be only a matter of time until they file suit on Samsung for copying their "phablet".
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-08-2014 05:26 PM
    Comes out next friday right?
    10-08-2014 06:35 PM
    Comes out next friday right?
    Yes.
    10-08-2014 06:39 PM
    I feel that samsung is going to do whatever it takes to make sure their devices aren't banned, because they don't want more time for apple and other OEM's to be able to sell their devices and potentially take sales away from them, especially after the quarter they had
    10-08-2014 07:43 PM
    I think they are spending too much on advertising and need to stop copying ideas.
    If can do that, they will be in a much better place

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5
    10-08-2014 08:00 PM
    I think they are spending too much on advertising and need to stop copying ideas.
    If can do that, they will be in a much better place

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5
    Need to tell that to Apple too.
    monsieurms and svtcobra like this.
    10-08-2014 08:25 PM
37 12