10-22-2014 01:10 AM
35 12
tools
    Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but I am pretty sure that this is not root for all Note 4 variants. It may or may not work depending on your mobile version. We will have to see once they go on sale.

Also, yes this version WILL trip Knox. Many of us on XDA don't care however. But beware that this could void your warranty. People have reported success still however with getting warranty work even with Knox tripped.

And last but not least, once Knox is tripped, there is NO reverting it. It is done.
    100% will not root att or Verizon
    10-12-2014 12:12 AM
    100% rooted Verizon (locked BL) Note3 with 0x0 Knox. Rooting doesn't all always trip Knox. The method you use to Root can though. CFs method listed here is not for US variants. I'm sure that isn't far off though. Towel Root is my goto solution.
    10-12-2014 08:14 AM
    I hope the Verizon version can be rooted so the bloat can be froze and card writes enabled.
    10-12-2014 08:37 AM
    100% rooted Verizon (locked BL) Note3 with 0x0 Knox. Rooting doesn't all always trip Knox. The method you use to Root can though. CFs method listed here is not for US variants. I'm sure that isn't far off though. Towel Root is my goto solution.
    Towel Root won't work on the Note 4 or any 4.4.4 phone. The guy that wrote it was hired by Google to fix that Android exploit.
    10-12-2014 09:15 AM
    Towel Root won't work on the Note 4 or any 4.4.4 phone. The guy that wrote it was hired by Google to fix that Android exploit.
    That Sucks. Hope a rooting method comes out for the Note 4 and Android 4.4.4 soon that is as simple as towel root

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    10-12-2014 05:16 PM
    Geohot was hired by Google not Samsung. Google doesn't care about Knox Samsung does. Therefore why would Geohot (Google) care if we get around Knox. Google wants or phones to be open for development.
    10-21-2014 11:47 PM
    Geohot was hired by Google not Samsung. Google doesn't care about Knox Samsung does. Therefore why would Geohot (Google) care if we get around Knox. Google wants or phones to be open for development.
    Google's integrating Knox in Lollipop. I have no information on what that dev's role is at Google and what they will or will not do regarding this, but Google does care about Knox now.
    Also, Google most certainly cares about the exploit that TowelRoot used.
    10-22-2014 12:02 AM
    Not if Google goes mainstream. Perhaps the days of developer phones are over!!!!
    10-22-2014 12:18 AM
    10-22-2014 12:20 AM
    No, root and unlocking the bootloader are two different things. Root just gives you full administrator access to the system. Unlocking the bootloader is only needed if you want to load custom ROM's.

And yes, according to Chainfire's post at XDA:

"Using this root increases your flash counter and trips the KNOX warranty flag!"
    It does not require an unlocked bootloader as its only root. No custom recovery yet so no flashing roms which makes the bootloader irrelevant.

Yes it does trip the Knox counter.

I couldn't care less about either one though. I don't use custom roms and don't care about Knox. Just give me root and I'm happy as can be.

Posted via Android Central App
    While you guys are correct in that root and unlocking bootloader are two different things, in this case you do need unlocked bootloader in order to obtain root using this method. Reason is that this method flashes a custom recovery in order to obtain root before flashing stock recovery upon finishing. That is why AT&T cannot be rooted using this process.
    10-22-2014 01:10 AM
35 12