Great news! Note 4 has already been rooted!!! Awesome!

David Lees1

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
That is good!

This should allow us to use Xposed modules on the Note, right? I dont know much about Xposed, have been away from Android for a while, but seems really flexible and feature packed from what I can tell?

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can use xposed.

I'm just so glad we aren't stuck waiting months for a root method.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I won't be rooting mine. I rooted my Note 3 but I really didn't take advantage of it much at all. So for the Note 4 I will stay stock.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Will this method require an unlocked bootloader? Also,I assume this method will trip you knox counter?

It does not require an unlocked bootloader as its only root. No custom recovery yet so no flashing roms which makes the bootloader irrelevant.

Yes it does trip the Knox counter.

I couldn't care less about either one though. I don't use custom roms and don't care about Knox. Just give me root and I'm happy as can be.

guitarskoota

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to void my warranty. I had my Note 2 rooted and it didn't trip my counter. Do we think there will be a root method in the future that won't trip the counter? Did the Note 3 ever achieve this? (root that doesn't trip counter)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to void my warranty. I had my Note 2 rooted and it didn't trip my counter. Do we think there will be a root method in the future that won't trip the counter? Did the Note 3 ever achieve this? (root that doesn't trip counter)

Unfortunately no. Also I believe no one has found how to reset the counter on the Note 3 .. I could be wrong .. but I am pretty sure there isn't a way.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately no. Also I believe no one has found how to reset the counter on the Note 3 .. I could be wrong .. but I am pretty sure there isn't a way.

Root for Note 3 did bypass the knox counter and it could also be disabled. I think it will be harder for the Note 4 though because Towelroot aka Geohot who is a master security coder has been hired by Google to close the security loopholes he discovered.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Root for Note 3 did bypass the knox counter and it could also be disabled. I think it will be harder for the Note 4 though because Towelroot aka Geohot who is a master security coder has been hired by Google to close the security loopholes he discovered.

You sure about that? My root triggered Knox and has on the S5 for another one of our four team.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
You sure about that? My root triggered Knox and has on the S5 for another one of our four team.

Well I didn't root until April because I didn't have a Note 3 until then so maybe it was different by that time. I used SafeStrap and it definitely didn't trip knox. Then SuperSu allowed me to disable it which wasn't necessary but i did it anyway..

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
There was a way to not reset the knox counter but Samsung quickly caught on and patched it. Another exploit is possible but unlikely.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

There are root methods for the Note 3 that do not trip Knox. It depends how you root. Root itself doesn't require anything that has to trip Knox.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah! Time for titanium backup and freezing all the bloatware

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have never rooted a phone successfully and I am very afraid to try. But I want my titanium backup! Lol anyone willing to walk me thru it in the coming weeks??

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have never rooted a phone successfully and I am very afraid to try. But I want my titanium backup! Lol anyone willing to walk me thru it in the coming weeks??

I was afraid too but once I did it on the note 3, it opened up a whole new world of customization.

Main thing is you have to follow everything exactly, and step by step. I used towel root on note 3, and it was so easy it's not even funny. I think I downloaded the APK file, installed it, and clicked two buttons. And it was done :)

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The thing that always hung me up was Odin. Every time. I bricked an Infuse, a Captivate and probably an S2. I don't consider myself a noob but I'm certainly no tech expert. I can probably put it into download mode etc but the whole flashing part scares me.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The thing that always hung me up was Odin. Every time. I bricked an Infuse, a Captivate and probably an S2. I don't consider myself a noob but I'm certainly no tech expert. I can probably put it into download mode etc but the whole flashing part scares me.

I'm not a noon either, but not crazy tech savvy either. The odin thing never came up while I rooted my Note 3

But I have to admit I did brick it once and had to do a factory reset losing alot of my info. But that was my fault because I tried to install something that wasn't made for the Note 3 lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2