10-22-2014 12:10 AM
35 12
tools
    10-08-2014 01:08 PM
    That is good!

This should allow us to use Xposed modules on the Note, right? I dont know much about Xposed, have been away from Android for a while, but seems really flexible and feature packed from what I can tell?
    10-08-2014 01:19 PM
    Yes you can use xposed.

I'm just so glad we aren't stuck waiting months for a root method.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2014 01:25 PM
    I won't be rooting mine. I rooted my Note 3 but I really didn't take advantage of it much at all. So for the Note 4 I will stay stock.
    monsieurms, areyes163 and sqa4life like this.
    10-08-2014 02:34 PM
    Will this method require an unlocked bootloader? Also,I assume this method will trip you knox counter?
    10-08-2014 02:43 PM
    Will this method require an unlocked bootloader? Also,I assume this method will trip you knox counter?
    It does not require an unlocked bootloader as its only root. No custom recovery yet so no flashing roms which makes the bootloader irrelevant.

Yes it does trip the Knox counter.

I couldn't care less about either one though. I don't use custom roms and don't care about Knox. Just give me root and I'm happy as can be.

lazerproof likes this.
    10-08-2014 02:50 PM
    I don't want to void my warranty. I had my Note 2 rooted and it didn't trip my counter. Do we think there will be a root method in the future that won't trip the counter? Did the Note 3 ever achieve this? (root that doesn't trip counter)
    10-08-2014 04:23 PM
    I don't want to void my warranty. I had my Note 2 rooted and it didn't trip my counter. Do we think there will be a root method in the future that won't trip the counter? Did the Note 3 ever achieve this? (root that doesn't trip counter)
    Unfortunately no. Also I believe no one has found how to reset the counter on the Note 3 .. I could be wrong .. but I am pretty sure there isn't a way.
    10-08-2014 04:58 PM
    Unfortunately no. Also I believe no one has found how to reset the counter on the Note 3 .. I could be wrong .. but I am pretty sure there isn't a way.
    Root for Note 3 did bypass the knox counter and it could also be disabled. I think it will be harder for the Note 4 though because Towelroot aka Geohot who is a master security coder has been hired by Google to close the security loopholes he discovered.
    10-08-2014 05:27 PM
    Root for Note 3 did bypass the knox counter and it could also be disabled. I think it will be harder for the Note 4 though because Towelroot aka Geohot who is a master security coder has been hired by Google to close the security loopholes he discovered.
    You sure about that? My root triggered Knox and has on the S5 for another one of our four team.
    10-08-2014 05:40 PM
    You sure about that? My root triggered Knox and has on the S5 for another one of our four team.
    Well I didn't root until April because I didn't have a Note 3 until then so maybe it was different by that time. I used SafeStrap and it definitely didn't trip knox. Then SuperSu allowed me to disable it which wasn't necessary but i did it anyway..
    10-08-2014 05:46 PM
    Brilliant and that was quick, one of the first things I will be doing :-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-08-2014 05:49 PM
    There was a way to not reset the knox counter but Samsung quickly caught on and patched it. Another exploit is possible but unlikely.
    10-08-2014 06:37 PM
    I'm not a rooter but I ran across this on you tube.

ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 SM-N910W [ROOT TUTORIA…:

Posted via Galaxy Note 3
    clatus likes this.
    10-08-2014 07:44 PM
    There are root methods for the Note 3 that do not trip Knox. It depends how you root. Root itself doesn't require anything that has to trip Knox.
    10-08-2014 09:00 PM
    Yeah! Time for titanium backup and freezing all the bloatware

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    TigerDave99 likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:19 AM
    I have never rooted a phone successfully and I am very afraid to try. But I want my titanium backup! Lol anyone willing to walk me thru it in the coming weeks??

Formerly Known As and mchi5 like this.
    10-09-2014 11:31 AM
    I have never rooted a phone successfully and I am very afraid to try. But I want my titanium backup! Lol anyone willing to walk me thru it in the coming weeks??

I was afraid too but once I did it on the note 3, it opened up a whole new world of customization.

Main thing is you have to follow everything exactly, and step by step. I used towel root on note 3, and it was so easy it's not even funny. I think I downloaded the APK file, installed it, and clicked two buttons. And it was done

10-09-2014 11:51 AM
    The thing that always hung me up was Odin. Every time. I bricked an Infuse, a Captivate and probably an S2. I don't consider myself a noob but I'm certainly no tech expert. I can probably put it into download mode etc but the whole flashing part scares me.

mchi5 likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:57 AM
    The thing that always hung me up was Odin. Every time. I bricked an Infuse, a Captivate and probably an S2. I don't consider myself a noob but I'm certainly no tech expert. I can probably put it into download mode etc but the whole flashing part scares me.

I'm not a noon either, but not crazy tech savvy either. The odin thing never came up while I rooted my Note 3

But I have to admit I did brick it once and had to do a factory reset losing alot of my info. But that was my fault because I tried to install something that wasn't made for the Note 3 lol

reesh11 likes this.
    10-09-2014 01:31 PM
    Well perhaps root methods have become easier since I've tried. Still very nervous I should probably get a backup phone just in case lol.

mchi5 likes this.
    10-09-2014 01:44 PM
    Well perhaps root methods have become easier since I've tried. Still very nervous I should probably get a backup phone just in case lol.

What's your phone now? Since you're getting the note 4. Maybe that's a grewt time to try rooting your current phone

10-09-2014 01:49 PM
    What's your phone now? Since you're getting the note 4. Maybe that's a grewt time to try rooting your current phone

Nooo lol well I have an M8 and I sent it to someone to be rooted but I think I somehow messed it up as I no longer have root access. I can't even restart the phone it gets stuck in a boot loop. I'm gonna sell this in eBay after I get my Note.

mchi5 likes this.
    10-09-2014 02:01 PM
    Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but I am pretty sure that this is not root for all Note 4 variants. It may or may not work depending on your mobile version. We will have to see once they go on sale.

Also, yes this version WILL trip Knox. Many of us on XDA don't care however. But beware that this could void your warranty. People have reported success still however with getting warranty work even with Knox tripped.

And last but not least, once Knox is tripped, there is NO reverting it. It is done.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-10-2014 08:23 PM
    no need to worry about rooting though.. it's quite simple. I've rooted numerous samsung phones with Odin, and the tab s, along with other manufacturers methods, like LG and htc. it's all pretty simple if you make sure your pc is setup perfectly with the adb drivers and everything is running smoothly.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    10-11-2014 08:39 AM
35 12